By Jayadevan Krishnan
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
•••••• PDF Imposition is not as hard as you think ••••••
Imposition Studio is a PDF Imposition app to create output layouts from single or multiple PDF files. It makes custom layouts with any number of pages, signature styles, binding methods, printing styles within minutes. Imposition Studio also includes more than 40 professional layout templates to use with regular jobs. Imposition Studio supports all Digital Printers, Image-setters and CTP Machines.
• Creates any new layouts with 4 mouse clicks.
• Stand-alone application. No third party applications required.
• Ultra fast PDF engine.
• Any Number of Pages in a signature.
• Live signature preview
• Fully customizable signature layout editor.
• Allow multiple PDF files as PDF links.
• Re-usable templates.
• Automated workflow.
• Batch output.
• Hot-folder compatible PDF output.
• Automatic ‘Creep’ control with ‘Cross-Over’ page support.
• Customizable Crop, Folding, Lay and Collating marks.
• Automatic & manual pagination.
• ‘Perfect binding’, ‘Saddle Stitching’ and ‘Cut & Stack’.
• Digital, Film & CTP output support.
• Arabic book layout support.
• Supports ‘Page Cloning’ for Mini/Micro booklets.
• Book, Brochure & Cut & Stack Layout modes
• Work & Turn, Work & Tumble Options
◼ How Imposition Studio Works?
You only required single or multi page PDF file containing all the pages of the book/magazine or brochure you want to print. Select the PDF files as source Links and number of pages required for a signature in Imposition Studio. Set the ups/repeats as per the printing machine specification. Setup the margin or output style as per the image setter or CTP specification. Click the Export to PDF button to create Final output PDF by Imposition Studio. Then you can use the resulted PDF file to print to a Digital Printer or drop into drop folders of your image setter or CTP workflow.
◼ Imposition Studio Free Edition Features
Create Books with maximum 16 pages.
Supports up to 50 cms/19.7 Inches.
Use of Utilities included
◼ Imposition Studio In-App Advanced Features
Supports unlimited number of pages & Ups in a Book and Automatic Creep Function.
What's New in Version 4.8.5
• Drag re-arrange PDF Links
• Paper Center Mark on All sides
• Added PDF/X version settings for RIP compatibility.
• Added Save/Load function for Signature settings.
• Added Some Keyboard Shortcuts.
• Some key-press behaviours changed.
• Editing Signatures behaviour changed.
• Number of PDF links in a signature settings now flexible.
• Preview of PDF links improved.
• Improved PDF Engine.
• All Marks to Grayscale Added
• LayMark Position Added
• Speed improvements on Interface
• Many Bug fixes
I wrote the review about “heavy on offset.” Updating to provide feedback on subsequent steps. It certainly was possible to get digital layouts once you navigate the software better than I had, I must admit. But even with small jobs, nothing I did could result in printable output without a watermark and a warning I had to upgrade. So I installed Parallels (Bootcamp would be similar), bought CutePDF, proceeded intuitively with much less struggle and I had all my print jobs in production within a day and no issues from the production floor and the output was awesome. (When Mother’s Day approaches, we have to act, right?!) I don’t love that OS and prefer NOT to use it - but every time I tried to get the lite version to give me a simple booklet it watermarked it and told me I needed to pay $100s of $ and the same thing happened with trying to fold cards - after some simple steps with this software I sighed with relief that the output would be what I wanted - but in every case I tripped over some limit and was prompted to pay over $400. End of story. That motivated me to figure out how to use my Win8.1 license and now I’m happily printing away. Happy to remove this software from my system at this point, and mildly frustrated at having spent any money let alone time struggling to understand it - why would I bother when I can launch a real application in whatever OS I want and get it done NOW with no nonsense?
2 up is backwards
2-up imposes pages backwards (for instance in a 20 page booklet, 2,19 comes before 20,1 in the resultant PDF). Seriously? And there’s no way to change this in any setting I see. It’s not what my printer service provider wants. He wants 2-up in order (20,2 then 2,19 then 18,3 etc).
Not sure how well larger signatures go.
Otherwise, the app seems useful. but the price is wrong — ideally there’d be a mid priced version that does 2 up only IMO.
Something so simple as trying to impose a 90-page 5.5"x8.5" instruction PDF into a booklet I can just dump to my laser printer and then cut the pages in half is basically impossible. Automatically assumes that the pages are 8.5x11, forces the imposition onto oversize paper and adds a ton of bleed, cut marks, fold spacing, etc that I just dont need. Struggled with it for about an hour before trashing it. May be fine for a digital press operatior, but useless for the average user.
- Category: Graphics & Design
- Updated: Oct 08, 2013
- Version: 4.8.5
- Size: 69.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Jayadevan Krishnan
- Devalipi Software © 2008-2013
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later
Top In-App Purchases
- Imposition Studio Digital Printing Edition$249.99