Heart Sounds Reference Library
The famously popular iMurmur Heart Sounds Teaching App, now with major upgrades:
* REAL PATIENT SOUNDS REPLACE ARTIFICIAL SOUNDS.
* ACTUAL PHONOCARDIOGRAMS AS WELL AS DIAGRAMS
* ADD YOUR OWN NOTES
* EMAIL LIBRARY SOUNDS
IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to the use of REAL PATIENT SOUNDS with low bass content, you MUST use GOOD SEALED HEADPHONES to listen to iMurmur sound recordings. The Built-in speaker WILL NOT PRODUCE REAL HEART SOUNDS!
We at Thinklabs liked iMurmur 1.0 so much that we bought the App! We kept the great features, and upgraded the sound library using actual patient recordings, to give you the most realistic learning experience possible. We've also added real Phonocardiograms that you can scroll and edit as you would actual patient recordings on iMurmur's clinical tool partner, Thinklabs Stethoscope App.
This is a great pocket reference for both teachers and students of cardiac sounds, as well as practicing physicians for patient education. iMurmur includes the following for each sound:
* Description of sound
* Diagram of sound morphology
* Where To Listen
* Clinical Notes
* Associated Pathology
Sound Library (current list, subject to increase with future updates):
* Aortic Regurgitation
* Aortic Regurgitation, Ejection Systolic Murmur
* Aortic Stenosis
* Atrial Septal Defect
* Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
* Korotkoff Sound
* Mitral Regurgitation
* Mitral Stenosis
* Mitral Valve Prolapse
* Normal Heart Sound
* Pericarditis (friction rub)
* S2 Split
* S3 - Congestive Heart Failure
* S4 - Fourth Heart Sound
* Tricuspid Regurgitation, S3
* Ventricular Septal Defect
All recordings done on a Thinklabs ds32a Digital Stethoscope with external audio recorder.
To record patients, purchase Stethoscope App by Thinklabs, to be used with Thinklabs Digital Stethoscopes.
Editorial Explanations regarding Reviewer Comments:
1. This App uses REAL HEART SOUNDS and sealed headphones MUST be used. This App VERY ACCURATELY produces sounds heard through a stethoscope. One reviewer could not hear sounds. Please follow this advice - this App really is like using a stethoscope and sealed eartips are essential.
2. Comparison with iMurmur One -
A. The previous iMurmur used artificial sounds. These seemed easier, so some reviewers preferred them to real patients. However, no patient would ever sound that way, so learners get a false sense of confidence in their auscultation skills. Reality is a better teacher.
B. We added clinical content, which is now reviewed by experienced cardiologists.
C. We added REAL phonocardiograms to complement the simple diagrams which existed before. This adds realism to the educational content.
Please email me with further comments:
Clive Smith, CEO
Fixed some small bugs. Updated and optimized for iOS 4.2
Ratings and Reviews
Please Update for IOS 11
This app has been so useful through the years, please update to work with new operating system🙏
Love it! Accurate sounds and descriptions. No complaints.
Update it to work on iOS 11,please
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.