In The Dark, Berenstain Bears – Wanderful interactive storybook in English
By Wanderful, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
• Winner of a 2013 PARENTS’ CHOICE Gold Honor Award
• An interactive animated storybook originally published by the award-winning Living Books
• A tale of taking charge of one’s imagination, especially when it makes you afraid of the dark
"Parents for two generations are familiar with the late Stan and Jan Berenstain's Bears and their over 200 books. Wanderful enlivens those classic stories, creating a rich resource for developing reading skills in an animated interactive app. Kids from 2 to 8 will identify with Sister Bear's battle with her fear of the dark in The Berenstain Bears in the Dark.
Wanderful offers a superb level of interaction with a well-designed app loaded with varying levels of skill development and simple fun appropriate for eager 2 year olds up to age 8."
- Parents' Choice ©2013 Parents' Choice
Have you ever wished you could play inside a story and really interact with all the characters and words? Now you can! The Berenstain Bears In the Dark is an imaginative interactive reading experience with fully animated content featuring the popular Bear Family – Mama Bear, Papa Bear, Brother Bear, and Sister Bear.
This timeless Stan and Jan Berenstain story springs to life on every page. Read and play along as a spooky story Brother Bear reads to Sister Bear keeps her – and eventually the entire family – up all night long. The next day Papa shows Sister how to take charge of her imagination and in the end it’s Brother who is a little afraid in the dark.
• Twelve fully animated pages
• Virtually every item on each page comes to life when tapped
• All words are “active” for extended word play and language learning – tap on any word to hear it spoken
• A hidden surprise is on each page – can you find all the lightning bugs?
• Move between pages with swipe or with scrolling page navigation
• Two modes: “Read to Me” and the fully interactive “Let Me Play”
• Virtually every item on each page comes to life when clicked
• Multiple settings to further customize the App for your child’s reading experience
• Special “About the Authors” video profiling Jan and Stan Berenstain available from within the App
• Parental tips to help you get the most out of this Wanderful interactive storybook
• Teacher resources include a 31 page overview of Wanderful interactive storybooks Classroom Activities and a free preview of the In The Dark Classroom Activities guide
• The full 65 page In The Dark Classroom Activities guide is available as an in-app upgrade
Wanderful’s goal is to help children discover a lasting love of language through story exploration. We hope The Berenstain Bears In The Dark provides your family, children and students with hours of delightful story play.
The Berenstain Bears In The Dark is by Stan and Jan Berenstain, authors of over 200 books starring the Bear family: Mama, Papa, Brother and Sister.
Wanderful creates engaging interactive storybooks for children that are educational, fun, and above all safe and appropriate. This app:
• does not collect any information
• does not contain ads
• does not contain in-app purchases, but does allow you to purchase the storybooks
• does not have active links to websites or social networks
• uses analytics to improve our app experience but only in aggregate and never with personally identifiable data
What's New in Version 1.2
Added support for iOS 8.
Fixed a possible crash when the app starts.
Added an age-check to protect access to the web and the App Store.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Oct 25, 2014
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 136 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Wanderful, Inc.
- © 2012, Wanderful, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Premium Upgrade$2.99