Are you often searching for something in the basement or in the attic? Not anymore! With In The Box you easily take some photos of your stuff, put it in boxes, label it and find it in a matter of seconds on your smartphone.
How it works:
1) Print labels with QR Code and number
Individual formats are possible to use existing print labels (Document size, paddings, label size, columns and rows)
2) Take photos of all items in a box or just a photo of the whole box
3) Optional: Add tags to your photos to enable full text search
4) Find you stuff visually or with full text search in seconds
* Find your stuff fast: Change the display size to visually find your stuff fast or use the full text search
* iCloud Sync: All you data will be synced to your personal iCloud account. So you don't have to worry about data loss and can find the same stuff on all your devices.
* Fixed bug in label printing for single labels
Ratings and Reviews
It works BUT
I would like to view my boxes on the main page of the app, then go to each box to view what's inside each box separate, once there looking at the pictures I would like to rename, add new item picture or delete the pictures.
I almost lost the interest on the begging when you start creating the labels, everything is in millimeters and not inches. I'm European living in US so I know millimeters, but to set the right size was a struggle, once I figured it out, I was able to create what I wanted.
App is nice needs to be improved, and fix, that is all the bugs people are complaining about.
If you get this app the same day you moving, you not going to have enough time to learn how to work it, I started a month before and it worked out for me.
Love the idea or being able to see all that I put in a box but when I try to have more than one box the app keeps crashing. I'll keep trying but in the end I might just have to resort to the classic duct tape and sharpie.
I like app so far, however:
1) not able to combine all the items in the box into one picture box in the app. Right now, all items are showing separately.
2) not able to zoom the item picture afterward.
3) not able to edit the box number or name once saved.
4) not able to save in Dropbox.
5) not sure if it's really backup to iCloud. I'll have to check on that.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.