Food Network In the Kitchen
By Television Food Network G.P.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
**Hall of Fame App and One of the Top Recipe Apps in the App Store. Now with recipe VIDEOS!**
Get instant access to your favorite Food Network chefs and thousands of their most popular recipes with In the Kitchen, the award-winning, top-rated recipe app, now available for FREE!
Cook with Alton Brown, Giada De Laurentiis, Rachael Ray, Bobby Flay, Guy Fieri and more. Check out their recipe videos and get helpful tips from our library of HOW-TO VIDEOS. Save your favorite Food Network recipes, access your own personal recipes saved on FoodNetwork.com, add ingredients to your GROCERY LIST and more with the new and improved RECIPE BOX.
Now get Food Network on your Apple Watch! The perfect companion for your iPhone:
- See which show is on Food Network now and what's coming up next.
- See which recipes are being prepared on TV (for shows that have recipes available).
- Add recipes directly to your Recipe Box from your Apple Watch.
- NEW RECIPES added every month.
- THOUSANDS OF RECIPES, VIDEOS AND PHOTOS from your favorite Food Network chefs and shows, making it fun and easy to cook like the pros.
- WATCH HELPFUL RECIPE VIDEOS on select recipes.
- SEARCH BY CHEF OR INGREDIENT to fit your needs and tastes.
- USE YOUR APPLE WATCH to add recipes directly to your Recipe Box.
- BROWSE REGULARLY UPDATED SEASONAL COLLECTIONS, including:
~~ Fan Favorites
~~ Quick & Easy
- SAVE FAVORITE RECIPES TO THE NEW AND IMPROVED RECIPE BOX:
~~ Save Food Network recipes and access your personal recipes as well as recipes from other websites to create a one-stop-shop for all your favorite recipe content.
~~ Share with friends and family straight from the Recipe Box via Facebook, Twitter and email.
- ADD YOUR OWN NOTES, TIPS AND SUBSTITUTIONS to each recipe for quick and easy reference.
- ADD INGREDIENTS AND OTHER SHOPPING ITEMS TO YOUR PERSONAL GROCERY LIST, which you can access even without a network connection.
- SHARE recipes on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and via email.
- USE THE UNIT CONVERTER to easily convert your recipes by volume or weight.
- USE MULTIPLE COOKING TIMERS to keep tabs on several recipes at once.
- READ USER RATINGS AND REVIEWS for individual recipes to discover what other Food Network fans loved or changed about each dish.
- SHOP for all your cooking needs in the Food Network Store.
Additional features for the iPad include:
- Our HOW-TO VIDEOS section provides helpful tips and tricks on everything from baking to knife skills, everyday basics and top cooking techniques (only available in the U.S. due to licensing restrictions).
- The interactive MEAL PLANNER helps you name and organize your menu for special occasions and every day meals.
Please note that videos are only available for playback in the United States due to licensing restrictions.
Food Network In the Kitchen is compatible with iOS 7 and iOS 8 for the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.
What's New in Version 4.10.2
Minor bug fixes and enhancements.
Don't cook much, this helps decide
I cooked pad thai once like three years ago, and then I downloaded this app a few days before Valentines Day because he wants to cook and all. I'm really indecisive which is normally 'just annoying' when it comes to choosing somewhere to eat, but downright impossible when it comes to finding something to cook. Thankfully, this app with it's broken down categories of desserts and healthy and whatever, I can click on something that sounds right to my stomach, and then a picture of a dish that get me going and wa-la! The app has a recipe box for things you want to save if you like em and a grocery list which makes it easy to find something you like and then go to the grocery store to grab what you need. Some recipes have videos that can guide you through cooking (which helped with the tiramisu - never made it before, turned out good according to my untrained palette at least). We have made tiramisu and some grilled steak with chimichurry sauce, and will probably continue use this app to discover my place among the kitchen. I only wish that I did not need internet to use the grocery list, because I only have Wi-Fi on the iPad I use this app with. Having an offline version of the grocery list would be great!
I'd give it a zero if I could
It crashes. You can only look up a 'select' few chefs and hosts, the app doesn't list all of them. You can't search for a recipe in your recipe box. The app doesn't display all the recipes you have saved in your recipes box (but neither does their website), I'm not sure what the point of being able to save all your recipes if you can't access them. I recently made the mistake of relying on the sight to be able to recall a recipe I'd made before but it couldn't find it, it found similar ones, I didn't want similar I wanted the same one. This site has been out dated since it hit the App Store! And if you happen to be using your iPhone instead of your iPad, the app is even worse.
If you just want an app to pull up any recipe & you aren't that selective about what you cook & you're content with the 1st recipe you see this app may work for you. But honestly there are many other food apps out there that recall your past recipes, actually save your recipes so can access them again & some of the recipes are just as good if not better!
Great for recipes but needs better usability
I use this app all the time, since compared to other recipe sites the Food Network has way better tasting food and more reliable ratings. However a few things about the app are troublesome. One is that you can't remove recipes from the recipe box. I also can't seem to add a rating. Also sometimes the ratings for recipes don't automatically show, you have to click on it first and then the rating shows up. In some instances I can't view recipes by most popular/highest rating, I think this happens when you pick to view recipes under the main features, same with the ratings that don't show up.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: Jan 11, 2016
- Version: 4.10.2
- Size: 34.2 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Television Food Network G.P.
- © 2012 Television Food Network G.P.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.