iNag Nagios Viewer
By John Fullington
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Macworld’s buying advice
If you are running Nagios on your network, have an iPhone or iPod touch, and need to be able to talk to Nagios from those devices, iNag is a no-brainer.
* NOW SUPPORTS MULTI SERVER MANAGEMENT
iNag is a iPhone application that allows you to view your Nagios monitored network from anywhere, iNag allows you to acknowledge host and services problems right from your phone. Daily event logs are also viewable using a fast and secure method that does not require you to open your Nagios installation to the world.
iNags unique conduit approach makes it very fast, no matter if you're using Edge/3G or WiFi, iNag can download a typical 300+ service network in less than 10 seconds. Unlike the screen scraping, or web based approach iNag does not require you to open your entire Nagios system to the world, iNag comes with an open source php script that can be put on any web server and supports SSL and web based authentication, the iNag conduit script "inag.php" also has a built in authentication mechanism for added security.
iNag has also been proven to work with all major versions of Nagios. iNag also works with Icinga, Centreon, Oreion, Monarch, GroundWork, and will work will all other application that use Nagios for it's back end.
* Manage an unlimited numbers of servers, and switch between them without leaving iNag
* Send over 30 different commands to Nagios, such as schedule down time, submit passive data, and custom notifications just to name a few.
* Support for custom url(inag://) for use with apps such as Prowl.
* Tactical overview showing the current state of your network
* Host view, displays each host on your network in a sorted list
* Host Details, allow you to drill down and see more in-depth information for each host
* Acknowledge Host problems right from you iPhone/iPod touch
* Services view show each service on your network grouped by host
* Service Detail view shows in-depth detail about each service
* Acknowledge service problems from you iPhone/iPod touch
* Log View allows you to view the current day's event log, filtering by hour, and event types
* iNag is not a network monitor, it will not monitor your network and requires Nagios to work, it also requires the open source server side script/php to be installed on your server which has access to your Nagios log files.
What's New in Version 1.5
• Updated handling of self signed certificates
• iOS 4 Tested
Easy Nagios Management From iDevice!
Well worth the money for anyone required to monitor hardware/software via Nagios. This makes it much easier to be on the move and still feel confident you can disable active checks, reschedule checks, or any other necessary commands you may have to send to the Nagios server until you can resolve the issue. The interface is clean, easy to use, and was also easy to install. Great work... Thanks for making this app available for a very reasonable price!
Save your $$$
I was going to rate this a 3 star do to the fact that this app does not have any notification ability. Now I only give it a 1 star because the developer seems to be ignoring current inquiries into the promised notification feature and the app crashed on my iphone (4S) about a week ago. Every time I attempt to open the app it crashes my phone to the lock screen. The behavior is the same after rebooting my phone. I will upgrade this review to a 3 star when that is fixed and a 5 star when notifications are built-in. The app has potential, but don't buy it now.
Still works on my iPhone 4S and I still Love it ... but
Would like to see a breakdown of the hosts, hostgroups, servicegroups and of course having some form of push notification would be awesome
- Category: Business
- Updated: Jun 29, 2010
- Version: 1.5
- Size: 0.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: John Fullington
- © 2009 John Fullington
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.