One of the world's most popular nature apps, iNaturalist helps you identify the plants and animals around you. Get connected with a community of over 400,000 scientists and naturalists who can help you learn more about nature! What's more, by recording and sharing your observations, you'll create research quality data for scientists working to better understand and protect nature. iNaturalist is a joint initiative by the California Academy of Sciences and the National Geographic Society
• Discover species new to you both near and far
• Record your own observations and share them with the community
• Receive suggestions and crowdsourced identifications of what you've seen
• Discuss and help others identify what they've seen
• Follow projects comprised of smaller communities and fellow citizen scientists passionate about a particular place and/or species
updated UI for umbrella and collection projects
Ratings and Reviews
Simply an incredible app... changed my life! Would highly recommend!
One big problem
I was just about to upload my 8th observation and then it said create an account I already had an account but I did anyway once I did that it restarted me to the create an account menu I would be happy if you fixed the glitch.
P.S This app is still fun
Great but wish it’s more social
This app is awesome. Only one suggestion! Wish there was a profile page for each user & ways to follow accounts / track what your friends are posting. I think it would be cool if there was a more social media component. But overall I have learned so much using this app!!! Definitely recommend!
- iNaturalist, LLC
- 38.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014 iNaturalist, California Academy of Sciences
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.