Navigate Confidently, Navigate with iNavX
- the world's #1 Handheld Chartplotter
And, the ONLY app to provide all your favorite charts from your favorite chart providers including Navionics!
“Editor's Choice” - Practical Sailor
"The Standard" - Cruising Magazine
"Must Have List" - Cruising World
Trusted internationally by casual and professional sailors, cruisers, boaters, fishermen, and divers.
Downloads iNavX TODAY and automatically receive a complimentary copy of the official and up-to-date high resolution NOAA RNC United States marine raster charts.
iNavX is the ONLY APP to give you access all of your favorite charts directly through the app. Fully enabled with one-touch purchase and download, iNavX gives users the most streamlined access to the broadest set of marine charts and maps from multiple providers.
• NV CHARTS
• THEYR WEATHER
• WATERWAY GUIDE
iNavX takes handheld marine navigation to the next level for sailing and boating.
• Anglers: Discover new fishing spots by scouting out deep holes and inlets. Locate the best fishing conditions by identifying cold fronts. Save your best fishing spots with the only app that offers unlimited markers.
• Sailors: Plan great sailing routes with waypoint and route management. Have proactive sail management with GRIB weather forecasts. Then keep watch with integration with external AIS receivers and responders. And remember great sailing locations by geotagging photos.
• Boaters: Stay up to date on boating conditions with weather forecasts that includes currents, winds, and swells. Manage your boating equipment with nautical instrument integration. Then save and share great boating routes to share with the track log.
ADVANCED FEATURES - iNavX is the most feature rich app available for all sailing and boating needs, and all for one great price:
Advanced Chart Plotter
• Plot your position in real-time using your device's built-in GPS
• Easily pan, zoom, and rotate charts (including course up)
• Print a detailed chart to use in combination with the app
• Create waypoints and plan routes to navigate between them
• Track log allows you to record your actual route
• Import/Export data in KML (Google Earth) or GPX format
• Acts as a repeater for popular marine navigation software MacENC
• Supports NMEA data over TCP/IP (using Wifi)
• Integrates with external GPS, AIS receivers & transponders
• Connect nautical instruments: Depth, Speed, Wind, Engine, Batteries, etc.
• GRIB weather forecast
• Anchor alarm
• AIS integration
• Port/navaid search
“iNavX is the original and still one of the best navigation apps.” – Practical Sailor
“The most full-featured navigation app around and viewed by many as the standard” – Sail Magazine
"The #1 recommended marine charting app" - iMarineApps
iNavX is Compatible with: Navionics, CHS, Fugawi, NV Charts, Theyr Weather, Waterway Guide, Trak Maps, Solteknik, SiiTech, AIS, Brookhouse, DigitalYacht, ShipModul, vYacht, Vesper Marine, NMEA 2000, Chetco.
NEW CHART STORE
Purchase all your favorite charts. Chart subscriptions vary by chart and provider from $9.99 to $199.99 annually, charged to your iTunes Account, which will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Auto-renew can be turned off anytime by going to your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
NOTE: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
User's Guide: http://inavx.com/help/
Exciting release including:
• AIS Live now available for in-app purchase
• Waterway Guides Cuba now available
• More bug fixes & speed improvements
Please email us if you run into any issues: email@example.com
If you enjoy using iNavX, please take a minute to leave a review in the App Store. If you've reviewed a previous version please resubmit it as ratings reset with each update. We really appreciate your support!
Ratings and Reviews
Good App, but...
We have used this app for two years now, sailing out of St. Augustine, FL, and now bound around the world on our 35' sailboat. This app has many nice features and it has gotten us through the Caribbean, now 3,000 miles. I really like the way it works and the detail it shows. I prefer the Navionics charts. We run the app on our iPad2 as our primary chart plotter, and keep a back-up iPad2 loaded with the same charts. You are allowed to run charts on two devices for the one purchase price for each set of charts.
Here's the "But...": This app does not support Active Captain. Active Captain is like TripAdvisor for cruisers. On chart plotters and apps that show AC, you can see details about ports, marinas, and anchorages right on your chart, complete with member reviews. If iNavX allowed Active Captain to show on its charts, it would be about perfect for navigation. Until iNavX supports AC, I will rate this a 4.
I really wanted this to work but unfortunately it is not a practical solution. I’m a full time cruiser on a sailboat, we do both coastal voyages and long open ocean passages. I was very excited about this app and dumped way too much money into various electronic charts.
With the latest version, the app now runs in the background and constantly uses Location Services. It kills the battery of my iPad forcing frequent recharges, not realistic on a boat.
I contacted Support and the only thing they suggest is to force quit the app every time you put down the iPad. That means every time you need a chart, you first have to reopen the app and wait for it to load — which unfortunately takes ~45 seconds with all the charts I have downloaded (on a brand new iPad Pro). Again, not realistic in the real world.
Worst of all is the attitude I got from Support. You’d think I was asking for something unreasonable to have a working app after spending $200 bucks on charts. If you’re looking at this app, I would go with Navionics instead until the background Location is fixed.
Best app purchase ever!!!
I have had this app for over 5 years, and I have received immense value from the purchase. While it is always best to confirm location with other means, iNav has never failed me. Being able to have redundancy, on both my iPad and iPhone, allows for extra piece of mind. Updating charts is easy. I have traveled extended trips in the Great Lakes and connecting river, including anchoring out using the anchor alarm feature. This app will be a necessity in an upcoming Great Loop trip.
Michael8265 – thank you for the great review and 5-star rating
- NavX Studios LLC
- 89.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2017 NavX Studios LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Theyr Premium Weather $34.99
- Navionics+ USA/Canada (iPad) $79.99
- Fugawi Aboard USA - quilted NOAA raster charts $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.