iNavX – Sailing, Boating and Marine Navigation
By NavX Studios LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** Spring Sale - SAVE 60% TODAY **
iNavX, the #1 Marine Navigation App - Normally $49.99
••• Most advanced marine navigation app on iOS
••• Editor's Choice Winner, Practical Sailor
••• Advanced chart plotter for a FRACTION of the cost!
“Although I have tried many other navigation apps, I always keep coming back to this one as it has the most features with the cleanest, most intuitive interface.” - SailingWriter
“Anglers can pan, zoom and rotate charts … iNavX is compatible with X-Traverse, Theyr.com, Navionics and Explorer” – Sport Fishing Magazine, 10 Top Mobile Apps for Boating Anglers
iNavX - The original and still the best for your iPad and iPhone:
The leading marine navigation app for sailors, cruisers, boaters, fisherman and divers. iNavX includes the official and up-to-date high resolution NOAA RNC raster United States marine charts of the West Coast, Gulf Coast, East Coast, Great Lakes, Alaska, Hawaii, and US Virgin Islands.
And NOW … access all of your favorite charts directly through the app. Fully enabled with one-touch purchase and download, iNavX now gives users the most streamlined access to the broadest set of marine charts and maps from multiple providers.
• NV Charts
• Theyr Weather
• Waterway Guide
• Trak Maps
iNavX takes marine navigation on your iPad and iPhone to the next level.
• Anglers: Discover new fishing spots by scouting out deep holes and inlets. Then locate the best fishing conditions by finding cold fronts. Save your best fishing spots with the only app that offers unlimited markers.
• Sailors: Plan great routes with waypoint and route management. Have proactive sail management with GRIB weather forecasts. Then keep watch with integration with external AIS receivers and responders. And remember great locations by geotagging photos.
• Boaters: See currents, winds, and swells to find the best boating conditions with weather forecasts. Manage equipment with nautical instrument integration. Then remember great boating routes to share with a track log.
FEATURES - iNavX is the most feature rich app available, and all for one great price:
Advanced Chart Plotter
• Plot your position in real-time using your device's built-in GPS
• Easily pan, zoom, and rotate charts (including course up)
• Print a detailed chart to use in combination with the app
• Create waypoints and plan routes to navigate between them
• Track log allows you to record your actual route
• Import/Export data in KML (Google Earth) or GPX format
• Acts as a repeater for popular marine navigation software MacENC
• Supports NMEA data over TCP/IP (using Wifi)
• Integrates with external GPS, AIS receivers & transponders
• Connect nautical instruments: Depth, Speed, Wind, Engine, Batteries, etc.
• GRIB weather forecast
• Anchor alarm
• AIS alarm
• Port/navaid search
“iNavX is the original and still one of the best navigation apps.” – Practical Sailor
“The most full-featured navigation app around and viewed by many as the standard” – Sail Magazine
"The #1 recommended marine charting app" - iMarineApps
NEW CHART STORE
Purchase all your favorite charts. Chart subscriptions vary by chart and provider from $9.99 to $199 for 1-year from the date of subscription and will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Auto-renew can be turned off anytime by going to your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
NOTE: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
User's Guide: http://inavx.com/help/
What's New in Version 5.0.5
More improvements & updates, including:
• Offline charts accessible without signin
• Vessel name saved through restart
• Waterway Guide points of interest fixed
• Theyr Weather color legend fixed
• Tons of other bug fixes & speed improvements
Please email us if you run into any issues:
If you enjoy using iNavX, please take a minute to leave a review in the App Store. If you've reviewed a previous version please resubmit it as ratings reset with each update. We really appreciate your support!
Must have for any boater!
I have been using this app for many years now, have sailed several thousand miles up and down the coast line of the United States with it. Being able to download the app over the airwaves when you need the chart is critical. Being able to plan your route and monitor how you're doing is also critical. This program allows very accurate positioning and information when you need it. It is one of the best apps I have seen and very reliable. I would highly recommend it to anyone who is in boating. Money well spent even if you have an onboard system, this is a great back up or used as a great primary system.
Not so great...Waste of time and money
First of all, it crashes a lot... Secondly, it is poorly designed, there are "free apps" that are much better... This is nothing more than an app to run other paid charts with, however it can not even do that well...on both iPhone and iPad... Save yourself some money and frustration and avoid this app!
Does not download and display NOAA charts correctly, coordinates are off significantly on top of only displaying individual charts one at a time... No quilting of charts! Plus you have to start from scratch selecting a chart each time you exit the app not counting when the app crashes... and the only purchased quilted chart for the U.S. is Fugawi... not sure if it's the app or the charts, but it's unusable junk nonetheless...
The BEST boating and Marine Navigation App
Without a doubt this is the best marine navigation app. I've tried them all now and iNavX is the only app I used. Whether I'm sailing in San Francisco or open ocean racing, iNavX's comprehensive features and access to all the charts I need, clearly sets it apart. Don't be nickel-and-dimed by cheaper apps with all their IAPs. I ended up spending a lot more than what iNavX charges and got a fraction of the features. More importantly, through iNavX's partnership with X-Traverse I got all the international charts I need. Really helpful when I was sailing the Virgin Islands this spring.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Nov 30, 2016
- Version: 5.0.5
- Size: 83.0 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: NavX Studios LLC
- © 2015 NavX Studios LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Fugawi Aboard USA - quilted NOAA raster charts$9.99
- Theyr Premium - Mobile (Annual) for iOS$34.99
- Navionics 3XG Caribbean, Bahamas, Bermuda, Central and South America - iPad$69.99
- Mexico Marine Charts - Sea of Cortez by Blue Latitude Press$39.99
- Navionics 3XG Caribbean, Bahamas, Bermuda, Central and South America$24.99
- Navionics 1XG All of USA and N. Bahamas - iPad$59.99
- nv charts Region 12.1 Virgin Islands - 2016 ed.$59.99
- Waterway Guide - Southern Edition$19.99
- Mexico Marine Charts - Pacific Mexico by Blue Latitude$39.99
- Navionics 1XG All of USA and N. Bahamas - Current Edition$24.99