iNavX – Sailing, Boating and Marine Navigation
By NavX Studios LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
** LABOR DAY SALE - SAVE 60% on the #1 Handheld Chartplotter **
** iNavX: Normally USD$49.99 / NOW $19.99
* Navigate Confidently, Navigate with iNavX - the world's #1 Handheld Chartplotter
* And, the ONLY app to provide all your favorite charts from your favorite chart providers including Navionics!
“Editor's Choice” - Practical Sailor
"The Standard" - Cruising Magazine
"Must Have List" - Cruising World
Trusted internationally by casual and professional sailors, cruisers, boaters, fishermen, and divers.
Downloads iNavX TODAY and automatically receive a complimentary copy of the official and up-to-date high resolution NOAA RNC United States marine raster charts.
iNavX is the ONLY APP to give you access all of your favorite charts directly through the app. Fully enabled with one-touch purchase and download, iNavX gives users the most streamlined access to the broadest set of marine charts and maps from multiple providers.
• NV Charts
• Theyr Weather
• Waterway Guide
• Trak Maps
iNavX takes handheld marine navigation to the next level.
• Anglers: Discover new fishing spots by scouting out deep holes and inlets. Locate the best fishing conditions by identifying cold fronts. Save your best fishing spots with the only app that offers unlimited markers.
• Sailors: Plan great routes with waypoint and route management. Have proactive sail management with GRIB weather forecasts. Then keep watch with integration with external AIS receivers and responders. And remember great locations by geotagging photos.
• Boaters: Stay up to date on boating conditions with weather forecasts that includes currents, winds, and swells. Manage your equipment with nautical instrument integration. Then save and share great boating routes to share with the track log.
ADVANCED FEATURES - iNavX is the most feature rich app available, and all for one great price:
Advanced Chart Plotter
• Plot your position in real-time using your device's built-in GPS
• Easily pan, zoom, and rotate charts (including course up)
• Print a detailed chart to use in combination with the app
• Create waypoints and plan routes to navigate between them
• Track log allows you to record your actual route
• Import/Export data in KML (Google Earth) or GPX format
• Acts as a repeater for popular marine navigation software MacENC
• Supports NMEA data over TCP/IP (using Wifi)
• Integrates with external GPS, AIS receivers & transponders
• Connect nautical instruments: Depth, Speed, Wind, Engine, Batteries, etc.
• GRIB weather forecast
• Anchor alarm
• AIS alarm
• Port/navaid search
“iNavX is the original and still one of the best navigation apps.” – Practical Sailor
“The most full-featured navigation app around and viewed by many as the standard” – Sail Magazine
"The #1 recommended marine charting app" - iMarineApps
NEW CHART STORE
Purchase all your favorite charts. Chart subscriptions vary by chart and provider from $9.99 to $199 for 1-year from the date of subscription and will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Auto-renew can be turned off anytime by going to your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
NOTE: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
User's Guide: http://inavx.com/help/
What's New in Version 5.0.9
Exciting release including:
• Navionics+ charts now available for purchase!
• Other bug fixes & speed improvements
Please email us if you run into any issues:
If you enjoy using iNavX, please take a minute to leave a review in the App Store. If you've reviewed a previous version please resubmit it as ratings reset with each update. We really appreciate your support!
Too complicated to use
I have had this app for several years, and only use it ever so often. Every time I have to go back and re-read instructions to use. It just seems overly complicated compared to, for example the Navionics app. Specific examples would be:
Way points appear as a long list. How can the user tell which is which? Why not group by route and/or date??
Measuring distance-if you reach the edge of a map on the screen it won't pan over. Navionics does.
Keeps adding an additional waypoint to the end of a route and thus distorts direction. Can't seem to add additional WP in middle of a route.
How do you easily track where you have been? Seems to be complicated for something so essential.
If you use a chart that the program doesn't think is relevant, you have to go back to the list and find it again. Why not leave it under "recently used" or similar?? Area this applies to would be San Juan islands in Washington, where several charts apply to one location.
Creating a route is excessively complicated. Why not create this on the screen?? It's a basic function of a gps based system!
Summary: this might be useful for someone who uses every day, but is too cumbersome and complicated for the average user. It seems like it tries to be "all things to all people". Navionics, for example, is a far better choice. Can never reach any help to get advice or support. Very disappointed.
Recommended by my sailing instructor
This app was initially recommended to me by my first sailing instructor. I cruise often now and bought many other marine nav apps but keep finding myself using iNavX. This app has all the features of my on board chart plotter and is more intuitive in my opinion. Thank you for keeping me safe over many years and creating beautiful memories. If you sail, do yourself a favor and incorporate this app into your regular equipment rotation.
Fairly easy to use! I have been using a Furuno chart plotter which is a bear to operate. More time to figure out than time of actual navigation. I like the idea that I can down load and update any chart anytime anywhere. NOAA charts are free!
Some of the procedures aren't as intuitive as I would like. I'm of an age where my memory isn't quite so good so would like to see a simple easy to use set of basic instructions.
As it is an app on installed on my iPad It reduces the need for a standalone chart plotter and other computer gadgets greatly reducing onboard clutter and frustration.
Overall, a great app at a fair price. Customer service is great too!
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Jun 22, 2017
- Version: 5.0.9
- Size: 82.9 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: NavX Studios LLC
- © 2017 NavX Studios LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Theyr Premium Weather$34.99
- Fugawi Aboard USA - quilted NOAA raster charts$19.99
- NavionicsPlus USA and Canada$79.99
- Navionics 1XG All of USA and N. Bahamas - iPad$59.99
- Mexico Marine Charts - Pacific Mexico by Blue Latitude$39.99
- Navionics 1XG All of USA and N. Bahamas - Current Edition$24.99
- NavionicsPlus USA and Canada$29.99
- Explorer Chartbooks - Bahamas$69.99
- Mexico Marine Charts - Sea of Cortez by Blue Latitude Press$39.99
- Navionics 3XG Caribbean, Bahamas, Bermuda, Central and South America - iPad$69.99