Your email inbox should help you live and work better, but instead it often buries the important stuff and creates more stress than it relieves. Inbox, built by the Gmail team, keeps things organized and helps you get back to what matters.
• HIGHLIGHTS - Get the most important information without even opening the message. Check-in for flights, see shipping information for purchases, and view photos from friends right up front.
• BUNDLES - Similar messages are bundled together so you can deal with them all at once. And get rid of them with one swipe.
• REMINDERS - More than mail, you can add Reminders so your inbox contains all the things you need to get back to.
• SNOOZE - Snooze emails and Reminders to come back when you are ready to deal with them: next week, when you get home, or whenever you choose.
• SEARCH - Inbox helps you find exactly what you’re looking for— from your upcoming flight to a friend's address— without having to dig through messages.
• WORKS WITH GMAIL - Inbox is built by the Gmail team, so all your messages from Gmail are here, along with the reliability and spam protection of Gmail. All of your messages are still in Gmail and always will be.
This release brings you enhancements to make Inbox work more for you:
• VoiceOver now announces the correct text when recipient suggestions are displayed
Ratings and Reviews
For the love of millions, please optimize for iPhone X
Since the launch of the iPhone X, Inbox by GMail has received multiple updates improving app performance and fixing various bugs. I really appreciate the attention given to refining the UX as much as possible for a buttery smooth interface and overall app dynamics. It's my go-to email app on my iPhone X, period. I have tried many email clients for iOS (and this includes the regular GMail app) but never felt like my experience was amplified by any of those. Inbox by GMail is perhaps the only email app that, since the first time I used it (on my iPhone 6 Plus when Google launched the app), floored me in terms of its UI (and UX); dwarfing any measly expectations I had from any email client out there and what the possibilities could indeed be.
However, it's been over a month since the iPhone X went live and even though there have been regular update releases week-over-week, it sadly feels as if my experience is handicapped now and every time I use the app, I'm left longing for how immersive Inbox by GMail could possibly be and how the UX could be that much richer.
I'm a huge fan of this app and I use it on several occasions during any given day. I enjoy using it so much that I would've given it a 5-star rating if I were using any other iPhone but I'm disappointed enough to only rate it 3 stars. I hope this issue gets the attention it needs because it truly does deserve it.
This app has changed my life :-)
App update: Ever since the latest update, inbox prompts me as to whether to open email links in Safari or download the google chrome app every time i have a link in my email even though I turn off the “ask me every time” button. It is driving me insane. Please fix this google!!!
Love this app. I literally was about to ditch gmail because I hated the gmail app and the way gmail works in the native iOS mail app. I accidentally found out about this inbox app while reading a review about the new iOS 10. This app works like mail should. I love the bundling and I love how the links, pictures, and receipts within emails are visible. I have half the number of clicks as I use to and now I can find which email I'm looking for without opening each one. It is easier to delete things too. I do have two requests: 1. Give me an easy way to mark a message as "read" without opening it. 2. Give me a easy way to review my "unread" messages. The reason I give it 4 stars instead of 5 is because for some reason the badge icon never changes from the number 2 no matter how many unread messages there are. Goofy! I finally turned off the badge icon. Overall, i will never go back to regular gmail and I am using the inbox by gmail interface on my computer also!
Great app for high-volume e-mail accounts
There are a few features that would make it perfect for me.
First, I’d really like better support for non-bundle labels. In the Gmail app, all of a message’s labels are visible from the message list. This lets me be certain that my filters have correctly applied non-bundle labels before I archive them (mark them done). I do prefer Inbox’s interface and how it groups all messages into a few broad yet distinct bundles. But when I have to go digging through old e-mails, I prefer to have my labels available to easily search for messages about specific topics or from specific companies. But the support for non-bundle labels in Inbox is lackluster at best.
Second, I’d really like a setting/option buried somewhere that lets me disable loading remote images. I realize the Gmail app doesn’t support this any more either, but I have remote images turned off in the browser version of gmail, and I would really appreciate being able to do the same here. I’m just asking, realizing perfectly well that it’ll never happen.
- Google, Inc.
- 234.7 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Basque, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Google LLC
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.