Inbox by Gmail
By Google, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Your email inbox should help you live and work better, but instead it often buries the important stuff and creates more stress than it relieves. Inbox, built by the Gmail team, keeps things organized and helps you get back to what matters.
• HIGHLIGHTS - Get the most important information without even opening the message. Check-in for flights, see shipping information for purchases, and view photos from friends right up front.
• BUNDLES - Similar messages are bundled together so you can deal with them all at once. And get rid of them with one swipe.
• REMINDERS - More than mail, you can add Reminders so your inbox contains all the things you need to get back to.
• SNOOZE - Snooze emails and Reminders to come back when you are ready to deal with them: next week, when you get home, or whenever you choose.
• SEARCH - Inbox helps you find exactly what you’re looking for— from your upcoming flight to a friend's address— without having to dig through messages.
• WORKS WITH GMAIL - Inbox is built by the Gmail team, so all your messages from Gmail are here, along with the reliability and spam protection of Gmail. All of your messages are still in Gmail and always will be.
What's New in Version 1.3.171119
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
For the love of millions, please optimize for iPhone X
Since the launch of the iPhone X, Inbox by GMail has received multiple updates improving app performance and fixing various bugs. I really appreciate the attention given to refining the UX as much as possible for a buttery smooth interface and overall app dynamics. It's my go-to email app on my iPhone X, period. I have tried many email clients for iOS (and this includes the regular GMail app) but never felt like my experience was amplified by any of those. Inbox by GMail is perhaps the only email app that, since the first time I used it (on my iPhone 6 Plus when Google launched the app), floored me in terms of its UI (and UX); dwarfing any measly expectations I had from any email client out there and what the possibilities could indeed be.
However, it's been over a month since the iPhone X went live and even though there have been regular update releases week-over-week, it sadly feels as if my experience is handicapped now and every time I use the app, I'm left longing for how immersive Inbox by GMail could possibly be and how the UX could be that much richer.
I'm a huge fan of this app and I use it on several occasions during any given day. I enjoy using it so much that I would've given it a 5-star rating if I were using any other iPhone but I'm disappointed enough to only rate it 3 stars. I hope this issue gets the attention it needs because it truly does deserve it.
No iPhone X support still?
This has got to be a bad joke on Google’s part. Small, third-party apps were available with iPhone X support on day 1. So were other huge apps (Facebook, IG, Twitter, etc.) but Google wasn’t ready. It took 3 weeks for Google maps to be updated, which is completely absurd. And yet this app STILL hasn’t been updated? They released “bug fixes” today - how about you utilize the full screen before I switch over to Apple’s Mail program permanently?!
If you’ve used Inbox before, you either love it or hate it. I love it and far prefer it to the gmail app. The UI is better and the functionality is better. Same with the webpage from a computer. However, the lack of update is concerning because 1) Google doesn’t care about a massive chunk of its users and 2) Apple’s Mail has a lot of the same functions so I’m going to try that for a while. Maybe by the time Google does something I’ll already be set in my Mail ways.
Would be 5 Stars if it supported iPhone X
This is such a solid email client, and one that would pull me off of using Apple’s own mail app, if it weren’t for the lack of iPhone X support. Black bars on the top and bottom are such a huge eyesore, and to see other google apps like Chrome, Docs, Sheets, and Slides use the full screen to great effect certainly makes it odd that Gmail and Inbox are lagging behind. Even if iPhone X specific features are coming to utilize the extra screen space, wouldn’t shipping a version with an expanded view in the interim be better than this?
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Dec 04, 2017
- Version: 1.3.171119
- Size: 210 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Basque, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2017, Google Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.