Inbox by Gmail
By Google, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Your email inbox should help you live and work better, but instead it often buries the important stuff and creates more stress than it relieves. Inbox, built by the Gmail team, keeps things organized and helps you get back to what matters.
• HIGHLIGHTS - Get the most important information without even opening the message. Check-in for flights, see shipping information for purchases, and view photos from friends right up front.
• BUNDLES - Similar messages are bundled together so you can deal with them all at once. And get rid of them with one swipe.
• REMINDERS - More than mail, you can add Reminders so your inbox contains all the things you need to get back to.
• SNOOZE - Snooze emails and Reminders to come back when you are ready to deal with them: next week, when you get home, or whenever you choose.
• SEARCH - Inbox helps you find exactly what you’re looking for— from your upcoming flight to a friend's address— without having to dig through messages.
• WORKS WITH GMAIL - Inbox is built by the Gmail team, so all your messages from Gmail are here, along with the reliability and spam protection of Gmail. All of your messages are still in Gmail and always will be.
What's New in Version 1.3.171020
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
Gmail Done Better
Just kind waiting on iPhone X support. Apps look hideous w/o it and downright small. Here's why I like this app though. I can pin my favorite emails and go back to them quickly by toggling the Pin button on the top right. I like this app bc it saves me storage space. I found out Mail (native iPhone app) is great but stores emails on my device cache and is impossible to delete. I still keep things like Notes and Contacts synced through Mail, but I don't use it as my email client. Op here is a suggestion though. Under "Promotions" tab if you could enable a feature to leverage Deep Scan AI and delete messages with no longer relevant offers automatically. Like when a coupon says use by this date and then that date passes if it could just get deleted. That way only relevant emails are Inbox ya know. Overall I love this app it sorts my emails in the best way possible
Crashes with iOS 11
I love Inbox and use it exclusively, but since iOS 11 it crashes about 20 seconds after launching the app EVERY TIME. I cannot express how irritating and annoying it is. PLEASE UPDATE THE APP. Also, even with a stable internet connection, my emails never get sent. The ring around my profile circle just keeps spinning and spinning and the email never sends. Also the app badge notification never goes away, even after I have read all my unread emails. Right now it says I have 12 notifications when there are actually none. Please fix that as well. I really enjoyed using this app when it worked correctly.
The. Literal. Best.
Now, I’ve been using Inbox for at least a year now. I’ve used Google’s suite of apps for much, much longer- even/especially on all my Apple products. I literally have not found an email client that is as easy and enjoyable to use as Inbox. It’s especially a no-brainer if you’re already using and enjoy Google’s Gmail application. Inbox looks and works amazing on my iPhone (Though it needs to be updated for the iPhone X- I expect/hope that will happen pretty soon 🙏🏻)
Overall- 5/5, for sure.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 07, 2017
- Version: 1.3.171020
- Size: 199 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Basque, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2017, Google Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.