Inbox by Gmail
By Google, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Your email inbox should help you live and work better, but instead it often buries the important stuff and creates more stress than it relieves. Inbox, built by the Gmail team, keeps things organized and helps you get back to what matters.
• HIGHLIGHTS - Get the most important information without even opening the message. Check-in for flights, see shipping information for purchases, and view photos from friends right up front.
• BUNDLES - Similar messages are bundled together so you can deal with them all at once. And get rid of them with one swipe.
• REMINDERS - More than mail, you can add Reminders so your inbox contains all the things you need to get back to.
• SNOOZE - Snooze emails and Reminders to come back when you are ready to deal with them: next week, when you get home, or whenever you choose.
• SEARCH - Inbox helps you find exactly what you’re looking for— from your upcoming flight to a friend's address— without having to dig through messages.
• WORKS WITH GMAIL - Inbox is built by the Gmail team, so all your messages from Gmail are here, along with the reliability and spam protection of Gmail. All of your messages are still in Gmail and always will be.
What's New in Version 1.3.170910
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
Google rules and I’m fine with it.
I had 3 different accounts and only one of them google. I now have all other accounts forwarded to google specifically for this app. It does stink that you can’t add third party apps or exchange emails for business folk. But this app is unbelievable. It keeps your inbox so tidy and puts everything you need to see in neat bundles right when and where you need them. You can import flight information into google trips automatically and it will bundle on relevant emails into that folder. Promos and coupons, receipts. All automatically bundled beautifully and with no effort on your part. I could go on and on. Add a unified inbox and exchange support and everyone will say goodbye to every other email app.
Managing ToDos and email in the one stream
Finally, someone has capably merged email and todo management into one process! Love it, especially as you can actually turn a specific email into a Todo. Sounds so simple but requires some self-change to get used to working in a new way but once you do--never look back.
Inbox also makes email so much more personal with graphical categories, images of docs, pics of purchases, logos for travel related emails etc, etc. Much easier to surf, mangage, prioritize, file/refile, delete etc.
[The Google Keep app is a great Note/To Do app that can be used in combination with Google inbox--talking to each other.]
Great job Google!
Great for Organizing, But with Flaws
Inbox is a simple way to keep your email account uncluttered and organized. Search functions are great, and it’s visually much more appealing than other email apps. It does have some flaws though. There is no Contacts integration, which is really odd. If I get an email from someone, I can’t save that person into my contacts. It has to be done manually by going to a Google Contacts web page (there’s not even a Google Contacts app for the iPhone!) Email threads are also tough to read. The content of previous emails is condensed and you’re never sure if you’re replying to the latest email or even the right person. Those are two major flaws worthy of a star each.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 06, 2017
- Version: 1.3.170910
- Size: 195 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Basque, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2017, Google Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.