Incoming! for Skype
By Terry Demco
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Incoming saves you money by making long distance calls into incoming calls that originate from skype.. You also have the ability to connect your friends/coworkers phones together without connecting your phone.. For example, if you connect "Brad" with "Jennifer", they would each receive an incoming call that connects them together. You can ring up to nine phones simultaneously using "Incoming!", making business meetings on the go a snap!
"Incoming!" works by re-routing the call through your home computer, converting your outgoing calls into incoming calls.
You can pick who's phone will ring first or if you want everyone's phone to ring at the same time. Features include international calling, a visual favourites list, visual call history, built-in address book, 9-way calling, and support for both PC and Mac.
• Convert any outgoing calls into real incoming calls.
• Works on any iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad Device.
• Works over 3G
• Does not use iPhone to encode VOIP (saving battery life).
Here's how it works:
1. Enter a phone number (or up to nine phone numbers) into the app and press CALL.
2. Receive an incoming call that will connect you with the numbers you have dialled.
• You must have Mac OS X 10.5 or Windows XP/Vista
• Skype version 2.8 (Mac), 4.2 (PC)
• You must have a SkypeOut account.
• An iPod Touch will work as well but you can not route calls to it. You can however route calls to a nearby phone.
• Incoming desktop app downloadable from the website.
For quick setup instructions, visit the website
If you have any questions, suggestions or need one on one help please write us at ScoobyDoobyBoy@shaw.ca
Skype™ is a registered trademark of Skype Limited. Incoming! for Skype uses the Skype API but is not endorsed or certified by Skype.
What's New in Version 1.0.2
Only work with wifi, what's the point
I have set my computer up so my phone can actually connect to my computer to make the call,BUT the programmer failed to mention that it will only work with wifi connected, Terry confirmed this with me via email. So what's the point? With wifi connected I can just use regular skype. The fact they didn't mention abot this is really cheap, before they make it work wirh edge and 3g it will remian as one star
Not what you think and no support.
This ( if it worked ) is not a stand-alone app. It is a limited "remote" for Skype on your Mac or Pc, somewhat like Apple's "Remote" for iTunes, but less useful. Not a bad idea, but poorly executed and judging by my still-empty inbox- unsupported. Keep your $5 in your pocket until a supported and more capable app using bonjour comes along. Or just use Skype and transfer the call to your phone. (call menu: transfer)
But please fix the bugs soon but it rocks
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Jul 05, 2009
- Version: 1.0.2
- Size: 1.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Terry Demco
- © 2009 Terry Demco
Compatibility: Requires iOS 2.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.