Index Card Board for iPad - Organize cards & brainstorm on a corkboard
By Wombat Apps LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The most powerful way to organize your thoughts is also the simplest -- good old index cards. Index Card Board for iPad is an intuitive and effective organizational tool for writers, students, researchers, knowledge workers, and more.
This app can help everyone focus and get organized. Writers and screenwriters use it to organize their stories, novels, and screenplays. Students have found it's also a superb study aid and replacement for flash cards. Wedding and event planners have used it to plan and prepare for the big day.
"There are all kinds of apps to help organize thoughts. Index Card Board is one of the most unique and natural I’ve used."
"This app has been wonderful... Index cards was a must have when we went to school! Now we can take that item off our back-to-school list because we have Index Cards the app."
"Index Card Board is going to be the biggest asset to studying students or writers organizing their thoughts."
FEATURED in Hand Held Hollywood's "Filmmaking with the iPad & iPhone" (Taz Goldstein, Peachpit Press, 2012)!
Index Card Board for iPad is an easy and beautiful way to organize your thoughts. Each card represents an idea. Rearrange, stack, flip, and sort your cards. Change color, font, and even add images.
- Super simple and intuitive interface. Just drag and drop cards into position. Gorgeous animations enhance the experience of creating cards.
- Select from five hand picked fonts and numerous card colors.
- FLIP cards by double tapping them. This is great if you are making index cards. Put the question on one side and the answer on the other.
- Attach IMAGES to either or both sides of the card.
- Randomly shuffle cards by shaking your iPad (with a confirmation prompt). Great for using the cards as flash cards.
- Pick the cork or linen background. Overlay arrows for making idea charts.
- Export to email, iTunes, or Dropbox as a formatted text file, image, PDF, or an Index Card Board file that others with this app can open.
- Download files Index Card Board files from Dropbox directly to your app.
- And much more.
Upgrade to Premium for the ultimate writing and organization platform. Premium features include:
- Full access to MyWritingApp.com, where you can view, edit, and share your index card boards and documents.
- Seamless syncing between devices and the web. Cloud backups keeps all your data safe.
- Create both index card boards and writing documents in the same file system.
- Collaborate with others in real time.
- Premium users get their own personal website where they can showcase their work.
Lay out your story's plot elements. Track scenes in your screenplay. Keep on top of your of citations. Prepare for an exam. Plan your next public speech. The possibilities are endless.
What's New in Version 2.0.2
Performance and stability updates.
Great For Keeping Research Notes
I have found Index Card Board to be a reliable and easy-to-use app. In my experience, the app performs well—no crashes or loss of data; however, I have never used images or other media in my files. I use the app to keep notes in text format only. The app enables me to keep research notes while reading, just as I used to with traditional index cards.
Two features I'd like to see added are 1) the ability to italicize text and 2) the ability to sort cards starting with the first card created on top and ending with the last card created on the bottom. Right now, the app stacks the cards as you go, which means the first card stays at the bottom of the stack and each subsequent card sits atop the one before it. Unless you number the cards, which wastes space on the top line, there's no way to quickly resort the cards so that the first card is on top. Give me those two features, and I'll up my 4 stars to 5.
This app looks great It's sleek, simple, vivid, and easy to use. Being able to include pictures and move all these notes around when parts of my line would change made it a go to. I used it over a few days. There was no problem in getting it to load up with where I had stopped.
Over 8 hours invested in creating an amazing board that was needed. Then, it crashed. I lost everything. I was unable to recover or anything. Every single thing was gone. Hours of research and line changes. Gone. There's no way to back up or anything. It was just gone. There needs to be a way to save and a companion app for the iMac in order to keep this from happening.
A complete waste in the end, and now I am too afraid to use it for anything more than a few minutes and for nothing important.
The app screenshots lead me to believe the images pasted onto the cards would not take up the majority of the card space. This is why I purchased the app originally. Instead, images inserted onto a card take up 90% of the card space with no options to adjust it or at least to change it to look like a taped thumbnail as shown in the screenshots.
Aside from that let down, there appears to be a short max card space limit which is disappointing.
Another issue I have is the web search tool when inserting a photo from the web. The tool doesn't seem to bring up anymore than 6 or 10 web results at a time.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: May 12, 2015
- Version: 2.0.2
- Size: 33.6 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish
- Seller: Wombat Apps LLC
- © Wombat Apps LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Also Included In
Top In-App Purchases
- Premium Access (One Year)$19.99