Index Card for iPhone
By DenVog, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Index Card is a corkboard writing app that helps you easily capture, organize, and compile your ideas. Whether you are an author, screenwriter, or academic researcher, Index Card can help you become a more efficient, organized writer. Download Index Card and discover why thousands of iPad owners are already using it.
• One of my favorite iPad apps, Index Card, was released as an iPhone app today! Hooray! - Dan Baker, Macedonia Films
Get Started Quickly
• Capture your ideas and store notes as they come to you
• Organize the flow of your project using a familiar corkboard interface
• Assign color labels to flag scenes, characters, or status
Create & Edit Your Story
• Write and edit using the onscreen keyboard or an iPad compatible external keyboard
• Index Card automatically saves your work as you make edits
• Changes are reflected every time you export
Made for Touch
• Touch and drag a card rows to reorder
• Tap a card to open it for editing
• Rotate landscape to swipe through your project, one card at a time
• Scroll the card list to browse your entire project
Flexible & Powerful
• Develop multiple separate projects
• Edit card title, synopsis, notes, text, color label and more…
• Track card, word, and character counts
• Enable the Long Text field for extended writing
Share Your Work
• Export as RTF or Plain Text, readable by most word processors
• Share .indexcard files with other Index Card iPad or iPhone users
• Copy projects to Dropbox, or directly to your Mac or PC using iTunes File Sharing
• Email projects without leaving the app
• Sync with Scrivener Mac OS X writing app (card title, synopsis, long text, sort order)
• Present on an external HDMI display using your iPhone 4S or later and the Apple Digital AV Adapter
• An efficient way to record and organize notes for both personal and professional projects. - AppAdvice
• I used all kinds of apps as study aids during my recent college years, but I wish I had this one. Studying vocab, taking notes, and all kinds of other education-related help would work perfectly on Index Card for iPhone. - 148apps
I read all support mail, and respond to most messages within 24 hours.
• More info at: www.indexcardapp.com
• Follow me on Twitter: twitter.com/DenVog
Thanks for buying my app, and supporting an indie developer!
What's New in Version 3.0
Apple Watch support - Great for presentations and study aid
- View projects & cards
- Display card title, synopsis, notes, label color
- Show / Hide cards with Force Touch
- Create new cards with dictation
* Plugged some localization holes
* Table rows should be consistently flat and white
* Export screens show no longer be cut off by NavBar
* Project Name editing screen text field style now matches the rest
* Tables should no longer display lines for empty rows
* Spread gesture will now open stack to display contents in CardFlow
* Addressed some missing localizations
If you enjoy using Index Card, please take a moment to leave a nice review. It really helps.
As a screenwriter, I always use index cards after plotting my story with a beat sheet. This app is amazing because it not only makes the cards far more manageable than the real thing, but the exporting and sharing features are great, and saving paper is always a good thing. Finally, the best part of using this app is that when I'm done organizing the cards into all the scenes I need, I just export to text and import to Final Draft and the first draft is just about finished! All I have to do is add some extra dialogue and description and I'm done with the first draft! I highly reccomend this app to screenwriters because it saves time and keeps you better organized, and not just screenwriters; any writer or person who needs to take notes or organize thoughts or storylines will benefit from this awesome app! BEST APP EVER!!
I just bought this so I might have to spend more time with it to be honest but I kind of love it already. It does what I want it to do. It gives me a title, body (synopsis) and notes. And there are lots of options to export and save with. Plus, it's fun. A big thing for me.
Does what I need
This app is good on its own as an index card file, but it does also sync to Scrivener which is what I need it for. You have to follow the directions and create a collection in Scrivener to sync first. Once you do it works fine.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 17, 2015
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 25.0 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: DenVog, LLC
- © 2012 - 2015 DenVog, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.