Index Card for iPhone
By DenVog, LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Index Card is a corkboard writing app that helps you easily capture, organize, and compile your ideas. Whether you are an author, screenwriter, or academic researcher, Index Card can help you become a more efficient, organized writer. Download Index Card and discover why thousands of iPad owners are already using it.
• One of my favorite iPad apps, Index Card, was released as an iPhone app today! Hooray! - Dan Baker, Macedonia Films
Get Started Quickly
• Capture your ideas and store notes as they come to you
• Organize the flow of your project using a familiar corkboard interface
• Assign color labels to flag scenes, characters, or status
Create & Edit Your Story
• Write and edit using the onscreen keyboard or an iPad compatible external keyboard
• Index Card automatically saves your work as you make edits
• Changes are reflected every time you export
Made for Touch
• Touch and drag a card rows to reorder
• Tap a card to open it for editing
• Rotate landscape to swipe through your project, one card at a time
• Scroll the card list to browse your entire project
Flexible & Powerful
• Develop multiple separate projects
• Edit card title, synopsis, notes, text, color label and more…
• Track card, word, and character counts
• Enable the Long Text field for extended writing
Share Your Work
• Export as RTF or Plain Text, readable by most word processors
• Share .indexcard files with other Index Card iPad or iPhone users
• Copy projects to Dropbox, or directly to your Mac or PC using iTunes File Sharing
• Email projects without leaving the app
• Sync with Scrivener Mac OS X writing app (card title, synopsis, long text, sort order)
• Present on an external HDMI display using your iPhone 4S or later and the Apple Digital AV Adapter
• An efficient way to record and organize notes for both personal and professional projects. - AppAdvice
• I used all kinds of apps as study aids during my recent college years, but I wish I had this one. Studying vocab, taking notes, and all kinds of other education-related help would work perfectly on Index Card for iPhone. - 148apps
I read all support mail, and respond to most messages within 24 hours.
• More info at: www.indexcardapp.com
• Follow me on Twitter: twitter.com/DenVog
Thanks for buying my app, and supporting an indie developer!
What's New in Version 3.0
Apple Watch support - Great for presentations and study aid
- View projects & cards
- Display card title, synopsis, notes, label color
- Show / Hide cards with Force Touch
- Create new cards with dictation
* Plugged some localization holes
* Table rows should be consistently flat and white
* Export screens show no longer be cut off by NavBar
* Project Name editing screen text field style now matches the rest
* Tables should no longer display lines for empty rows
* Spread gesture will now open stack to display contents in CardFlow
* Addressed some missing localizations
If you enjoy using Index Card, please take a moment to leave a nice review. It really helps.
Abandonware...just another abandoned app...
Meh... (Jul 2015)
Too bad the iPad version of IndexCard has features that this iPhone version does not. Why not a 64bit universal iOS version? The #AppStore should require all apps to include a specific category for delineating between 32bit apps (older version) and 64bit apps (current version).
Too much work to get it to properly sync with Scrivener. It does work and It will sync, but it's a pain when Dev's don't update their apps. It's kind of lame because many improvements have been made to DropBox's API in the past year that neither Index Card nor Scrivener take advantage of. They are 2 completely different apps being independently developed by individual developers and each with their own personal intent. Which is why each will be slow to implement if at all any necessary features that would improve user experience. Personally, I think this app was only developed for someone's personal need and its doubtful it will ever go beyond this purpose.
As a screenwriter, I always use index cards after plotting my story with a beat sheet. This app is amazing because it not only makes the cards far more manageable than the real thing, but the exporting and sharing features are great, and saving paper is always a good thing. Finally, the best part of using this app is that when I'm done organizing the cards into all the scenes I need, I just export to text and import to Final Draft and the first draft is just about finished! All I have to do is add some extra dialogue and description and I'm done with the first draft! I highly reccomend this app to screenwriters because it saves time and keeps you better organized, and not just screenwriters; any writer or person who needs to take notes or organize thoughts or storylines will benefit from this awesome app! BEST APP EVER!!
Simple and Awesome
I've only used the iPhone version, and it's been great. I started using it just for my personal writing and ideas, but I've begun using it for work notes, recipes - it's easy and amazing. Totally worth it. I wish i could make it lock the note section so I don't have to fight the auto scroll, but I'm still super happy. 10/10 recommend.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 17, 2015
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 26.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: DenVog, LLC
- © 2012 - 2015 DenVog, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.