Index Card for iPhone
By DenVog, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Index Card is a corkboard writing app that helps you easily capture, organize, and compile your ideas. Whether you are an author, screenwriter, or academic researcher, Index Card can help you become a more efficient, organized writer. Download Index Card and discover why thousands of iPad owners are already using it.
• One of my favorite iPad apps, Index Card, was released as an iPhone app today! Hooray! - Dan Baker, Macedonia Films
Get Started Quickly
• Capture your ideas and store notes as they come to you
• Organize the flow of your project using a familiar corkboard interface
• Assign color labels to flag scenes, characters, or status
Create & Edit Your Story
• Write and edit using the onscreen keyboard or an iPad compatible external keyboard
• Index Card automatically saves your work as you make edits
• Changes are reflected every time you export
Made for Touch
• Touch and drag a card rows to reorder
• Tap a card to open it for editing
• Rotate landscape to swipe through your project, one card at a time
• Scroll the card list to browse your entire project
Flexible & Powerful
• Develop multiple separate projects
• Edit card title, synopsis, notes, text, color label and more…
• Track card, word, and character counts
• Enable the Long Text field for extended writing
Share Your Work
• Export as RTF or Plain Text, readable by most word processors
• Share .indexcard files with other Index Card iPad or iPhone users
• Copy projects to Dropbox, or directly to your Mac or PC using iTunes File Sharing
• Email projects without leaving the app
• Sync with Scrivener Mac OS X writing app (card title, synopsis, long text, sort order)
• Present on an external HDMI display using your iPhone 4S or later and the Apple Digital AV Adapter
• An efficient way to record and organize notes for both personal and professional projects. - AppAdvice
• I used all kinds of apps as study aids during my recent college years, but I wish I had this one. Studying vocab, taking notes, and all kinds of other education-related help would work perfectly on Index Card for iPhone. - 148apps
I read all support mail, and respond to most messages within 24 hours.
• More info at: www.indexcardapp.com
• Follow me on Twitter: twitter.com/DenVog
• Become a fan on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DenVog
Thanks for buying my app, and supporting an indie developer!
What's New in Version 1.4.1
Copy to Dropbox will now correctly create an RTF version of the project, rather than a plain text file.
I have the ipad version and have been outlining my novel in it. I was eager to download the iphone version because it said it synchronized with it. It does; through Dropbox. Meaning that you need to upload the newest version of your project to Dropbox in the format of the app and then open it in the device you'll be working on. I was hoping the apps would sync without having to do this. Now I'll have to make sure I save the latest version and not write new material in both devices or else, I'll have to save it somewhere, then paste it on the latest version of my project. I'm so disappointed. I wish the sync were much better. The 3 stars are because I think the app is great, but this was not what I was expecting when I bought this version.
I use this app to take scrivener novel projects with me. It works very well for that- I sync with Dropbox without issues and importing/exporting on scrivener works too(use Long Text to work on actual novel text but remember its plain text style only) Only downside is working on the long text field is funky on iPhone 4 b/c the screen isn't long enough to use the fields effectively. Prefer the ipad version for writing novel text but the cards look better on phone.
This is a very good app that I'm using daily for notes on several projects at once. I wish the syncing between iPhone and iPad was a little smoother. I alternate entering notes on both my iPhone and iPad throughout the day and I need to make sure the versions don't get out of sync using Dropbox. It takes several steps but at least I can share between the two.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jan 30, 2013
- Version: 1.4.1
- Size: 4.6 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: DenVog, LLC
- © 2012 DenVog, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.