By Perceptive Automation, LLC.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Indigo Touch is an iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch optimized App for remotely controlling lighting, appliances, HVAC, ceiling fans, sprinklers, etc., from anywhere in the world. It will automatically connect to the required Indigo Smart Home Hub software (v6 or better), installed in your home on a Mac, to communicate with Z-Wave, INSTEON and/or X10 compatible hardware. And with the Pro version, many more devices and protocols are supported via 3rd Party Plugins. Now you can adjust your home's thermostat, run the sprinkler, open the garage door, unlock the front door, and turn off the lights from anywhere you have an internet/data connection!
Although Indigo Touch can immediately connect to our Demo Server so you can see it in action, controlling your home requires that you have installed the Indigo Smart Home Hub software on your Mac. Indigo is NOT FREE, although there is a 30 day free trial available. See MAC REQUIREMENTS below for more details.
For support, please contact us directly using the contact form on our website rather than requesting help via a review.
- Instant control and access to all your smart home devices
- One touch UI controls for lighting, appliances, sprinklers, ceiling fans, and HVAC
- Execute any Indigo defined Action Groups
- View any Indigo defined Variables (house mode, etc.)
- Real time updates of all hardware (brightness, temperature, active zone, sensor values, etc.)
- Real time updates of all variable values
- View all custom 3rd Party Plugin device information
- Control Page viewer for custom user defined UI pages
- Bonjour enabled to get you connected with a single touch (no IP addresses needed!)
- Easy remote access from anywhere via an optional Indigo Reflector subscription (eliminates router and dynamic IP configuration and provides secure communications)
- Indigo Smart Home Hub software v6.1+ (some functionality works with Indigo v4.1+ as well)
- Supported computer interface required to use built-in protocols (Z-Stick, PowerLinc, CM15, etc.)
- Smart home devices (lighting, sprinkler, HVAC, fans, sensors, etc.)
- Mac running Mac OS X Snow Leopard or better (10.6.8+)
FOR MORE INFO VISIT
What's New in Version 2.0.5
Indigo Touch 2.0.5
- Fixed critical bug that caused the app to launch to black screen (and be totally functionless) on iPod touch
Indigo Touch 2.0 is a major rewrite of the App, and includes Event Log viewing and a new look and feel:
- Event Log viewing, including real time updates and search capability.
- All new icons and graphics designed specifically to match the iOS 7/8 look.
- A new optional theme, Dark/Night, for those that prefer a darker app experience.
- New optional tap sounds to reinforce when a control has been touched.
- Action groups now show a brief heads-up window when tapped to notify that the action has started.
- All iOS device screen resolutions are supported including the iPhone 6 Plus.
- All iPads (and iPhone 6/6 Plus in landscape) use the iOS split view to show device details alongside the device list.
- New font, Lato, included for control page designs.
- New navigation options for control pages.
Expanded Device Support
- All built-in device types, including fans and sensors, are fully represented and show the appropriate controls.
- All device states, regardless of device type, are viewable.
- Many device types have controls inline in the table list itself for faster operation.
- Device details, such as last updated, protocol/plugin, model, address, communication status, are shown.
- Device errors are shown in the table view.
- Plugin devices can specify which status icon is shown.
Bug Fixes and Enhancements
- Added optional URL parameter to the Indigo Touch URLs to control when previous views are restored. See the Indigo Touch URL documentation for details.
- Added ability to connect to ad-hoc WiFi networks created by Macs that don't have WAN access.
- Significantly improved UI update responsiveness.
- Improved Control Page font rendering appearance and speed when zoomed in.
- Improved responsiveness when switching between network types (Wi-Fi and LTE/4G/3G).
- Improved authentication when switching network types.
- Improved behavior of the Indigo Touch URLs.
- Adjusted case sensitivity in image heuristics to match Indigo Touch for Web behavior.
- Addressed frozen settings screen.
- Fixed disappearing 3rd party keyboard issue.
- Fixed bug that could cause incorrect toggling of multi-I/O devices on touch events.
- Worked around a number of authentication issues.
- Worked around a number of split view issues.
- Worked around a slider drawing/disappearing issue.
Keep the app updates and feautures coming!
Let me start by saying that Indigo is by far the most flexible, powerful, yet easy to use home automation platform available on the Mac. It allows for the seamless integration of IP and RF-based protocols including ZWave and Insteon/X10. It is definitely worth the (somewhat steep) price.
That being said, Perceptive Automation is a very small company (only 2 guys, last I heard) and as such they can be quite slow to deliver on updates and new features to their iOS app — though when they do deliver eventually, they often exceed expectations.
This app underwent a major overhaul about a year ago, adding many new and much needed features and a great facelift as well. That being said, there have been very few updates since — mostly bug fix/maintenance releases. Most disappointingly, Apple Watch and Notification Center widget support have still not been added. This is the primary reason for my 4-star review.
From reading around on the Indigo forums, it appears that the slow pace of updates is because Matt and Jay devote most of their time/energy to the Mac server/client. This is understandable and certainly made the most sense back when home automation was in its infancy. But as HomeKit and competing HA platforms bring iOS/mobile devices to the center of HA, Indigo will need to devote more resources to their iOS app to remain relevant.
Finally! It's been a long time since this mobile app has gotten any love. After recent desktop Indigo updates the mobile version no longer supported slider settings; it was "on or off" for lights and everything. So far functionally it seems to be working well, and the updated interface is breath of fresh air. Thanks for the night theme! Haven't really put it through any real stress testing and I'm sure I'll find something missing I wished were in it, but it's great being able to see the logs and have fine control over all fixtures again. Hopefully this will continue to get regular updates and features as the desktop version does! Rating 4 stars for now just due to the update and fixing things that had broken, plus log addition and nicer interface. Will revisit again after more testing and use.
I have been using this app for many years. It reminds me every several months to write a review so I finally got around to it. This app has done everything I've asked it to do with flying colors. It has remained stable over multiple updates and the updates have always arrived in a timely manner. I wish all apps were this competent. One outstanding feature is the reflection integration. This allows the app to connect via Wi-Fi or cellular and it sets itself up automatically without any configuration needed on the app.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Apr 25, 2015
- Version: 2.0.5
- Size: 14.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Perceptive Automation, LLC.
- © 2015 Perceptive Automation, LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.