By Perceptive Automation, LLC.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Indigo Touch is an iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch optimized application for remotely controlling lighting, appliances, HVAC, and sprinklers from anywhere. It will automatically connect to the required Indigo v4.1+ home control software, installed in your home, to communicate with INSTEON and X10 compatible hardware. Now you can adjust your home's thermostat, run the sprinkler, and turn off the lights from anywhere in the world!
Although Indigo Touch can immediately connect to our Demo Server so you can see it in action, controlling your home requires that you have installed Indigo v4.1+ home control software on your Mac. The Indigo home control software is NOT FREE, although there is a 30 day free trial available. See MAC REQUIREMENTS below for more details.
For support, please email us rather than posting a review. The iTunes store does not allow us to respond to review posts at all, but we respond prompty to all email questions and welcome suggestions/feedback/comments.
- Instant control and access to all your Indigo hardware
- One touch UI controls for lighting, appliances, sprinklers, and HVAC
- Execute any Indigo defined Action Groups
- View any Indigo defined Variables (temperature, home mode, etc.)
- Real time updates of all hardware (brightness, temperature, active zone, etc.)
- Real time updates of all variable values
- Control Page viewer for custom user defined UI pages
- Optimized for iPhone and WiFi/3G/Edge connectivity
- Bonjour enabled to get you connected with a single touch (no IP addresses needed!)
- Easy remote access from anywhere via optional reflector subscription GoPrism.com (eliminates all router configuration and dynamic IP address problems)
- Indigo home control software v4.1+ (Trial or Purchased)
- Supported computer interface (PowerLinc, CM11, etc.)
- INSTEON compatible modules (lighting, sprinkler, HVAC, etc.)
- . . or X10 compatible modules
- Mac running OS X 10.4.11+
FOR MORE INFO VISIT
What's New in Version 1.7
• Added support for iOS 4 multitasking. Commands will finish executing and images will continue to load even if the Home button is pressed, and launch times should be faster.
• Added iPhone 4 Retina compatible UI images for list views.
• Added workaround to avoid iOS Bonjour Wi-Fi/Bluetooth interference bug.
• Improved device and variable popup UI appearance.
Indigo just works!
These 5 stars are both for the app and the Indigo server, and probably OS X deserves some of the credit as well. For the first time in 15 years, with Indigo, my X10 reliably works.
I have used x10 for 15 years or so (for pool filter, pool light, hot tub, fountain, xmas lights, space heaters, you name it). At first I used the x10 alarm clock and radio remote UI's, but those have always been hit or miss. A few years ago I started using the smarthome server on xp. Still hit or miss. Got this USB interface amplifier gadget, which helped a little bit but not enough. When the iPod touch came out, I made a little php server on my xp box hooked up to the smarthome api and saved the URL's on my iPod screen as on/off buttons for individual x10 addresses, (maybe an idea for indigo to save the open app click) but obviously still unreliable.
Now, with OS X, Indigo, and this little app, x10 is fast and reliable (and I am one step further from getting weened off from XP...)
Works great! Useful and fun.
This is a free addition to Indigo for the Mac, which is pricy but well worth it.
Indigo Touch automatically connected to Indigo on my Mac and worked perfectly from the start.
I use TouchPad on my iPad as a keyboard and mouse to control my home theatre Mac connected to a projector.
I can now use Indigo Touch on the same iPad to also dim the lights and turn on the projector and sound system, etc.
I really like that Indigo Touch gives access to Actions, which make it possible to do things such as running an Applescript with the touch of a button. I use it to turn mirroring off and on, dimming my monitor when the projector is on, etc.
It makes everything quick and easy, and my friends find it all very impressive.
Excellent little app
Indigo on the mac lets me have lots of lamps in all sorts of awkward corners of the house, that would be a pain to turn on and off one by one - and makes it easy to set them at different levels of brightness, in different combinations, depending on the time of day or situation. (For example, a hallway movement sensor will light a dark corridor at light - but only at 10% if it's after midnight, so it's not blinding.)
With this, we can use the phone or iPad to override whatever the automatic settings are; so it's like a remote that's always to hand. I've used it for years, and it still feels magical. (And thankfully easy to use!)
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Dec 22, 2010
- Version: 1.7
- Size: 3.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Perceptive Automation, LLC.
- © 2010 Perceptive Automation, LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.