With the Industry Online Support App you have access to more than 300,000 documents about Siemens Industry products - any time and anywhere.
The app supports you, for example, in the following fields:
• Problem solving during the implementation of a project
• Troubleshooting of failures
• Expanding or restructuring your system
It also provides you with access to the Technical Forum and to further entries created for you by our experts:
• Application examples
• Product notes, and many others
The main functions at a glance:
• Scan your product codes / EAN codes for a direct display of all technical and graphic data (e.g. CAx data) about your Siemens Industry product.‑
• Send your product information or entries per e-mail in order to process the information directly at the workstation.
• Send your requests to Technical Support at your convenience. Detail information can easily be added using the scan or photo function.
• Use the offline cache function to save your favorites to your device. In this way you can call these entries, products and conferences even without network coverage.
• Transfer PDF documents to an external library.
• The contents and surfaces are available in six languages (German, English, French, Italian, Spanish and Chinese) – including a temporary switching to English.
More information about how to use the app can be found in the menu item “Help / Tutorial” or in this video:
• The language can be changed in the app. With the 4.4 update, the desired language can be selected.
• The SINAMICS Assistant App was integrated into the Online Support App.
• Scan function - Optimizations and expansions. Possibility to scan IOP codes. You even can scan barcodes without being connected to the internet. Later you can see them under My Scans
• Possibility to create a field service request. (Restricted availability)
Ratings and Reviews
Nothing works in this app.
The scan tool helps me out a lot when checking parts in.
I do phone support for Siemens automation products and so far like what I see. The search results are relevant, more so than the website. Scanning QR codes worked great for the products I tried around the office. It does not scan bar codes so with older products you need to search the part number. It runs fine in my iPhone, still on IOS5. I don't want to give up my google maps. Unlike other Siemens products the install went smoothly and did not require that I uninstall anything or reboot 16 times. Definitely recommended for people in the field.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.