By Verizon Wireless
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
DON’T JUST WATCH THE RACE FEEL IT WITH INDYCAR Mobile
The Official Verizon IndyCar Series Mobile application powered by Verizon.
The INDYCAR Mobile App has redefined how fans watch racing. With an array of features that take the fan experience to the next level, it is the pinnacle of mobile technology. Race fans are in the driver’s seat with INDYCAR Mobile, as they take control of the information by selecting their favorite driver or team. The app also offers live streaming in-car camera feeds and radio broadcast. Combined with extras like real-time leader boards in interactive 3D race tracks, 2D marching ants and car telemetry, individual driver-pit crew communications, podcasts, driver Twitter feeds, news and alerts and track layouts, the INDYCAR Mobile App has evolved to become essential to INDYCAR fans.
Exclusive Features to Verizon Wireless customers
• Enhanced real-time leader board with 2D marching ants and car telemetry
• Follow the race real time in the Interactive 3D track
• Live in-car camera video streaming for select drivers during IndyCar races
• Live driver and pit crew transmissions audio streaming during IndyCar races
• Live INDYCAR radio broadcast audio streaming during all track activities
Features Available to All Customers (In US and worldwide)
• Real-time leader board with running order
• Championship Points-As-They-Run leader board
• Optional on-device notification alerts when IndyCar race starts and ends and for breaking news
• Current track weather and forecast from the Race Hub
• Podcast downloads from Trackside, INDYCAR Media and INDYCAR Radio
• Localized time zone for race schedule and timings
• Import race schedules to mobile calendar
• Favorite driver and team selection for quicker access to follow
• Exclusive VOD race highlights, crashes, driver interviews, INDYCAR 101 & technologies, historical race footage, and more
• Breaking news and photo galleries
• Standings, race results, schedule, and race extras such as high-resolution track map images and spotter guides
• Driver profiles and Racing team profiles
• INDYCAR related social twitter feeds
• INDYCAR 101 and more
Note that some features might not optimally work below iOS 8.0
What's New in Version 10.3.0
Minor Tweaks and Additions needed
100% agree with prior review. Great app, but would be nice to know what it would be like to view content on any device, even if at a cost. I know it's a business strategy for Verizon, but sometimes it isn't exactly practical for the rest of the population to make all of those changes just for the sake of one app. IndyCar has done a great job bring eyes back to the sport, but it's the stuff like this that drives the IndyCar loyalists absolutely crazy, especially considering how hard they have worked to rebuild that fan base. Not having the TV coverage is a tough enough hurdle to overcome in that regard, but many more potential ( and current ) fans are being alienated for reasons like this when it's just to hard to even have the opportunity to fully follow the sport. Again, great strategy for Verizon but, "Title Sponsor" or not, is it really something that IndyCar should fully embrace? Hey, it's annoying enough that we have to listen to every winner talk about Verizon giving the "fan access" after every win. Seriously though, this app stuff gets angering sometimes. And I'm a diehard IndyCar supporter and fan. Letting Verizon bully them around is somewhat counterproductive and irritating.
That said, content - wise, the app is great. Although I do wish it was easier to save pictures at a higher quality resolution, and I do wish that team / driver / livery / sponsor updates were made / added into the app when they are officially announced ( most recently for example, the Andretti / Rossi number swap ). Diehard fans want ( and appreciate ) current updates like that, even if it's an "off - season."
Just my opinions.....
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Dec 13, 2017
- Version: 10.3.0
- Size: 46.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Verizon Wireless
- © Verizon 2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.