IndyStar for iPad
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Now the stories you’re following, follow you with The Indianapolis Star iPad App. The app is free to download, and the Home section is available to all users. As a Star subscriber, you’ll be able to access exclusive content and get the latest local updates on any platform you choose — tablet, mobile or web.
To subscribe from within the app, just tap the “Subscribe” button and purchase using your iTunes account. If you are already a Star subscriber, you can log in with your existing account to get full access.
-Stay current with up-to-the-minute local news.
-Be prepared with the latest weather conditions, forecasts, radar, allergy and pollen data.
-Enjoy captivating media with full screen video and photo galleries.
-Two headline views: scan headlines with “list” view or enjoy the image-rich “grid” view.
-Save your stories: Use our article saving function and read it later, any time, anywhere.
-Don’t miss a thing with customizable breaking news alerts and live video streaming.
-Follow national sports and scores, entertainment, business, things to do and more.
More about subscriptions:
- Subscription is 1 month for $11.99 plus applicable taxes.
- Subscription automatically continues at the then-regular published monthly price unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
- Not valid with any other offers.
- Excludes advertisements that are designated for home delivery with the print edition.
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase
- You can turn-off auto-renewal at any time from your iTunes account settings after purchase.
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the active subscription period.
- Please contact us if you have any problems accessing your subscription.
It’s what everyone’s talking about — enjoy the iPad app for The Indianapolis Star —Indy’s leading source for local news and information
Our users are our priority, and we greatly value your feedback. We take every review and suggestion into consideration when designing our iPad app, but we cannot answer reviews. Please reach out to us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What's New in Version 1.3
• Bug fixes and performance enhancements
Much improved, but still a few problems.
I am thankful that the IndyStar finally worked out bugs that cause subscribers to have to login each time they look at the app. Thank you!
I would now give this review more stars if they could figure out how to let us email stories from the app. Other newspapers have figured it out, so I am hopeful that the star will soon follow suit.
Always wondered why the Star didn't pattern itself after its parent (Gannet's-USA Today). The new app does that and is a considerable improvement over the old one. Still slow to load at times which holds this from being 5 stars.
Overall good app
However, two things are sadly missing: the ability to share an article via email or other means and the comments section of the articles. Every other news app that I subscribe to allows me to share articles, why doesn't this one?