This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
From critically acclaimed storytelling and photography, to rich-media videos, full 360-degree experiences and virtual reality, we're able to not only tell the news, but allow you to be completely immersed in it. And with our local-to-national coverage, you can add news stories happening right in your own communities.
• NEWS: Browse national, local and most popular stories to keep you connected.
• NEWS ALERTS: Get news as it breaks by opting in for push notifications on News, Sports, Life, Money or Tech. Rich notifications allow you to get an article preview, save and share from your lock screen.
• VIRTUAL REALITY: Bring the news to life with 360° video and virtual reality. Check out our new weekly VR series, VRtually There with three new thrilling VR experiences every Thursday.
• WEATHER: Be prepared with live weather information from hourly to 10-day forecasts. Enable location services to customize local weather news and other location-based services. (Continued use of GPS running in background can decrease battery life.)
• SCORES: Stay up to speed on the latest sports scores and schedules for NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS, Golf, NASCAR, Indy Car, UFC, Fantasy sports and college football and basketball.
• SAVED STORIES: Save your favorite stories to read later.
• NIGHT MODE: Enable this feature to view the app using a black background and white text.
• WIDGET: Get a quick update on the latest headlines from your Home and Lock screen! No time to read the full story? Tap the bookmark icon to save for later.
• iPAD PRO ENHANCED: Experience our captivating photography and stories in full screen or multitasking mode.
PREMIUM SUBSCRIBER CONTENT:
This app is free to download but for full access to all content, purchase a subscription for $8.99/month.
Subscriptions are charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and automatically renew each month or year, unless turned off in your iTunes account settings at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. For more details, see "Subscription Support" in the app's Settings for more details and customer service contact information.
Terms of Service: http://static.indystar.com/terms/
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK:
Our app features are constantly being improved based on your feedback, so we welcome you to tell us what you love and what you’d like to see more (or less) of. Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @usatodaymobile. For additional information, please visit http://www.usatoday.com/mobile-apps.
What's New in Version 5.0.2
Our new navigation design just made it a lot easier for you to find the news you want to read.
• Top Stories: Today's front page - articles, videos and galleries curated by our Editors.
• Discover: Quickly scan the day's most read stories.
• Sections: Find your go to news sections or discover something new.
• Settings: Tap to send feedback (we'd love to hear it), manage your account (subscribe, sign in) and find your favorite features - Night Mode, Offline Reading, Saved Stories, News Alerts - all in one spot.
Indy Star app
I like the app because it's easier to read articles on it than in the print version. Especially enjoy the advance access to Matthew Tully's column and some other articles as well. The only improvement I can think of would be to take out the ads.
My community connection
Ignore the comments and cries of bias. Sure, the editorials are often left of center, but editorials are not reporting. The Star's reporting is topical, pertinent, and quality. And they excel at local human interest stories, which often intrigue and delight. I love my hometown paper.
Great way to keep ahead of the news
News on the go.....keeping up with local news
- Category: News
- Updated: Aug 15, 2017
- Version: 5.0.2
- Size: 110 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: The Indianapolis Star
- © 2017 Gannett Co., Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- IndyStar Digital Access$8.99