iNet Network Scanner
By BananaGlue GmbH
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
iNet - explore your network!
Find out about security risks and keep your network under control. This easy to use App outlines a computer network even to the unexperienced user. Is somebody using your network without your knowledge? Which devices are currently online? Which access ports are open? Which services are offered? What is the IP of your router? Wake sleeping devices remotely. Add own icons to found devices ...
iNet provides you with information about networks and devices your Mac is connected to. Its very easy and user friendly design even allows the unexperienced user to get a profound and understandable overview of a network, the running services and the Wi-Fi quality.
In the current version the following functions are available:
• Network Scanner
• Bonjour Browser
• Portscan for standard ports
• Airport Monitor*
• Wake on Lan
• Help section
We did our best to develop a solution that makes network observing as simple as possible. Wether you are a network expert or a common user - iNet provides the information you need to find out what's going on in your network.
• See all devices that are online and connected to a network, along with vendor, IP and MAC addresses
• Assign your own names and icons or choose from the provided icons for easier identifying a device in the scan list. Most Mac devices are displayed with their original icon.
• Set scan range and interface to scan
• Export scan results in csv format
• Connect to devices via different protocols
• Detect all running Bonjour services realtime
• Detect running services on a discrete device
• Detailed information about a service
• Choose the active Bonjour domain for observing
* • Attention for users of the latest 2013 Airport edition with 802.11ac: Because SNMP support has been disabled iNet cannot retrieve the usage statistics and wifi strength any more with these models. All other features of iNet are working properly. The following Airport monitoring features can only be used with models prior to the 802.11ac:
• See the current condition of Apple Airport base stations like Airport express or Time Capsule
• Monitor network traffic on Airport devices
• Find detailed information about your Airport base stations like MAC address, IP's, used channels and so on
• See the connection quality of the connected wifi clients in realtime
Wake on Lan:
• Wake devices remotely in your local network or via internet
• Put devices remotely to sleep, shutdown or restart (Macintosh only)
• Add devices to favorites
• Send commands via ssh to devices
• Minimal system required for WOL: OS X 10.7
• Extensive help section
• Dictionary of used terms
We will add modules in the future like traceroute and more. iNet is also available for iPhone and for iPad.
What's New in Version 2.3
[Added] German translation
[Added] Better resizing of network scanner
[Added] Time Capsule 5th gen. images
[Updated] Vendor Database
[Updated] Code optimizations
Thank you for using iNet. Please consider to rate this release or write a short review if you want to support further development.
For the most part, this tool does what I need it to do…..discovery broadcasted nodes on my local subnet. One of the features lacking is the ability to scan more than just “65 ports”. It gives the impression for any customized networks no other service(s) are running.
Lastly, having a default list of Windows icons would be nice as well. While I am on the subject instructions for customized icons would be nice as well.
I bought some Raspberry Pi devices and imaged them with Raspbian. This app made it so easy to discover them on my network. The app is very reasonably priced for all the bells and wistles it includes. Great work!