By Calin Popescu
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
★★★ GREAT OFFER ★★★
★★★ BUY 11 TOOLS FOR THE PRICE OF 1 APP(0.72$/TOOL).★★★
★★★ THIS IS THE GREATEST DEAL AVAILABLE ON MARKET ★★★
★★★ FOR LIMITED TIME ONLY ★★★
★★★ Suggestions & Bug Report at: email@example.com ★★★
iNetwork Tools is a multi-threaded application.
You can perform several tasks like Port Scanning, Ping, Nslookup, Whois, etc…
This is all that you have to do:
- Click on the operation you would like to perform (e.g. Ping)
- Input the required information
- Click the button to start performing the operation
- Click close button
Meanwhile you can perform other operations (e.g. Whois) proceeding with the steps above. You can return to the previous performed operation anytime and see the results.
iNetwork Tools is a collection of useful utilities that include the following:
1. Network Information - general information about your network such as: local ip, gateway ip, gateway mac, broadcast ip and external ip.
2. Whois - is a query and response protocol that is widely used for querying databases that store the registered users or assignees of an Internet resource, such as a domain name, an IP address block, or an autonomous system, but is also used for a wider range of other information. The protocol stores and delivers database content in a human-readable format.
3. NSLookup - tool available for many computer operating systems for querying the Domain Name System (DNS) to obtain domain name or IP address mapping or for any other specific DNS record. NSLookup uses the operating system's local Domain Name System resolver library to perform its queries.
4. Traceroute - is a computer network diagnostic tool for displaying the route (path) and measuring transit delays of packets across an Internet Protocol (IP) network. Traceroute sends a sequence of Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP) echo request packets addressed to a destination host. Determining the intermediate routers traversed involves adjusting the time-to-live (TTL), aka hop limit, Internet Protocol parameter. Frequently starting with a value like 128 (Windows) or 64 (Linux), routers decrement this and discard a packet when the TTL value has reached zero, returning the ICMP error message ICMP Time Exceeded.
5. Ping - is a computer network administration utility used to test the reachability of a host on an Internet Protocol (IP) network and to measure the round-trip time for messages sent from the originating host to a destination computer.
6. Spam Check - this test will check a IP address against 13 DNS based email blacklists. (Commonly called Realtime blacklist, DNSBL or RBL). If your IP address has been blacklisted, some email you send may not be delivered. Email blacklists are a common way of reducing spam.
7. IP to Country - this tool displays the country of the IP address provided.
8. Port Scan - builtin remote port scanner.
9. Port Search - this tool search the port number provided to retrieve it's common service name or application name.
10. Local Port Scan - this tool displays your local ports that are open. You will get an extra security layer by keeping an eye from hacker that could gain remote access to your Mac using the opened ports.
11. Established Connections - this tool displays your active connections. You can easy see if your Mac is connected to a third party unknown IP.
What's New in Version 2.0
- Minor bugfix that cause the app to crash for some users.
Bad bad app
I didn’t research as I had guys in datacenter and I needed an app NOW. I grabbed three including this one, tried to do a port scan with a range and does nothing other than tell me the scan was successful. Uh say what? What dang ports are open or not? Not just Scan complete. really?!?
Stay away from this developer.
Hi-jacked many of my default “Open” setting for things the is no reason to ahve it control… for example .pkg files. Worse than this it can’t handle the files types it hi-jacks, so it just messes things up.
The more expensive tools work. This one doesn’t do much/
- Category: Developer Tools
- Updated: Jul 03, 2013
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 4.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Calin Popescu
- © Security Focus Europe
Compatibility: OS X 10.6 or later, 64-bit processor