** Winner of prestigious Mom's Choice Award! Featured on Appolicious.com, iHeartThisApp.com **
Inference Ace helps kids who have trouble with reading comprehension. The app builds inference skills step-by-step until mastery in a fun, game-like environment.
***** 5 Stars - Nice app for practicing inference. Tons of examples.
***** 5 Stars - My son struggles with comprehension and doesn't like reading long passages. This app teaches a high level of skill in a format he enjoys. Thanks!
Inference Ace is targeted to children in Grades 2-5 who can read the words (decode), but don't understand what they read.
With over 450 examples, a fun and engaging reward center to increase motivation, and content designed by professional teachers and researchers, this app is bound to capture the attention of your kids.
Best of all, there is detailed reporting for up to 10 students to meet the needs of teachers, therapists and parents.
- Incremental learning. New levels are unlocked only when your child is ready.
- Guided learning for less frustration. Your child will always be guided to the correct answer.
- Fun and engaging Reward Center to increase motivation.
- Contains over 450 examples, with content designed by professional teachers and researchers.
- Inferences are taught from multiple perspectives: what inferences are possible, which are not possible, multiple inferences per sentence, etc.
- Our own Smart Sentence technology is used to infinitely vary the examples to prevent learning by rote.
- Advanced levels include timers to ensure fluency. Research shows fluency in the foundation skills is critical to reading comprehension.
Our apps are designed for and tested by typical and special needs children. Testers include children with Autism and other special needs. Our apps work for them!
The free version of this app has 4 free levels for a single player. Remaining levels are unlocked by a single in-app purchase. Additional players can be purchased separately through an in-app purchase.
Check out 'Inference Ace School Edition' if you prefer no in-app purchases.
We are a member of the Moms with Apps program. We collect NO private information in our app, and our apps do not allow unrestricted web access.
Inferencing is a key component of reading comprehension. If you can't infer fluently, you can't understand the story. Help your child now by getting started with our Inference Ace app.
While you're at it, check out our other apps that target WH questions, identifying inference clues and identifying the main idea of a sentence or paragraph.
We take customer service very seriously! If you ever have a problem or find that we've missed something, contact us at our website and we will do our best to fix the problem.
** Note: Inference Ace and Inference Clues intentionally use similar data sets. However, different skills are targeted.
Also, when working through this app, you will encounter different variants of the same examples many times as we teach our players to derive multiple inferences from a single sentence -- just like expert readers do. This is an intentional feature, not a bug :-)
Tweaks for iOS11.
Ratings and Reviews
Inferencing made easy!
Love the format of this app. Inferencing is broken down into sequential steps so the student isn't overwelmed. When the student struggles they are given the opportunity to go to "hint" to help them focus on what is being asked.
This is a great app for speech therapy!
I use this app almost everyday with my students. It’s a quick and easy way to get them to use critical thinking skills.
This is a great app for beginning readers and readers struggling with comprehending written text. My son ask to ply with this app all the time. It does seems like a lesson for him and we celebrate correct answers.
- Janine Toole
- 39.4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Happy Frog Apps
- In-App Purchases
- Inference Ace: Buy All Levels $2.99
- Upgrade to 10 Players $2.99
- Upgrade to 2 Players $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.