** Featured on FunEducationalApps.com & theAppyLadies.com **
Inference Clues helps build strong reading comprehension skills in a fun, game-like environment.
As well as generating inferences, players identify the clue words that lead to an inference -- a vital comprehension skill and part of the Common Core standards.
***** 5 Stars! This is another great app from Happy Frog. I really like how your apps target a specific skill.
***** 5 Stars Just what my son needed. Thanks for your great apps. We are working our way through all of them!
Inference Ace 2 is targeted to children in Grades 2-5 who can read the words (decode), but who need help with understanding what they read.
- Builds inference skills step-by-step until mastery.
- Incremental learning. New levels are unlocked only when your child is ready.
- Can be used independently (just hand it over, your child will know what to do) or with a therapist for reading intervention.
- Guided learning for less frustration. Your child will always arrive at the correct answer.
- Fun and engaging Reward Center to increase motivation.
- Advanced levels include timers to ensure fluency. Research shows fluency in the foundation skills is critical to reading comprehension.
- Detailed reporting for up to 10 students to meet the needs of teachers, therapists and parents.
Inference Clues can be used at the same time as Inference Ace (our other inferencing app), or it can be used after Inference Ace has been completed.
You can try this app by downloading the free version. The free version has 4 free levels for one player. You can purchase levels and players separately through in-app purchases.
If you prefer no in-app purchases, please see the 'School Edition' of this app.
We are a member of the 'Moms with Apps program. We collect NO private information in our app, and our apps do not allow unrestricted web access.
Our apps are designed for and tested by typical and special needs children. Testers include children with Autism and other special needs. Our apps work for them!
We take customer service very seriously! If you ever have a problem or find that we've missed something, contact us at our website and we will do our best to fix the problem.
Small tweaks under the covers!
Ratings and Reviews
The app promises to help kids learn to inference but there were too many problems to be functional. First the sound and music wouldn't turn off and it was annoying. Then the format was strange. The task asks for the clues that lead to the inference, a much more difficult metalinguistic task than just inferring. Last, some of the statements were odd and confusing for an adult. I'm sure kids would be confused as well, the opposite of what the app should do. In sum I think the app needs to go back to the drawing board.
Works well with Inference Ace
This app and Inference Ace work well together. They build a really solid understand and skill in
inferencing. I homeschool my kids and all 3 of my kids have benefited from this -- and try to best
each other's scores!
Good in class
I use this app with my Grade 3 class and they ask to do it! I find it works well to pair kids
together for extra talking/thinking.
- Janine Toole
- 34.6 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014 Happy Frog Apps
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock Levels: Inference Ace 2 $2.99
- Upgrade to 10 Players $2.99
- Update to 2 Players $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.