We are not Sketchbook.
We are not Photoshop.
We are not Procreate.
We are Infinite Painter.
- Nearly 200 beautifully crafted brushes for every type of artist
- Brushes interact realistically with paper textures
- Watercolors bleed out, and paintbrushes mix with the underlying paint on the canvas
- Create your own custom brushes or edit over 60 brush settings
- Designed for the Apple Pencil with pressure and tilt support
- Four types of symmetry with up to 32 planes
- Draw with precision using guides or editable shapes
- Create shapes with ease using our intelligent shape detection system by holding at the end of a stroke
- Design 3D cityscapes with five different perspective guides or use a standard 2D grid
- Seamless pattern projects
- Selection tools: Lasso, Rect, Circle, Poly, Path, Wand, Brush, and Color
- Transform tool: move, scale, rotate, flip, distort, warp, and stamp
- Transform multiple layers simultaneously
- Gradient and Pattern fills
- Specify the target layer when filling to preserve line work
- Drag with the Fill tool or Magic Wand to define the amount to fill in real-time
- Full layer support with 25 blend modes
- Clipping masks
- Color correction
- Color curves: master, red, green, blue, and alpha channels
- 40 photographic, artistic, and motion filters
- Focus and tilt-shift masking
- Liquify: move, bloat, pinch, swirl and ripple
- Crop and Resize tool
- Pattern tools
- It’s simple. It’s organized. It’s out of the way
- Quick access to the eyedropper
- Assign finger functions separate from the Apple Pencil
- Expand and collapse layers with ease
- Dock the brushes and brush settings for quick, easy editing
- Drag favorite tools, options, or even the color wheel to the main interface for quick access
- Rotate and flip the canvas
Import and export
- Create speed paintings or record your workflow with our Record option and share as a video
- Pin reference images
- Import from Photos, Camera, Clipboard, or Image Search
- Search over 1 million free for commercial-use images
- Export images as JPG, PNG, layered PSD files, or Painter projects
- Share artwork to Infinite Painter's ever growing community and see what others are creating
Artwork provided by:
Multiple reference images - add as many reference images you want to a project. You can use these for reference or to select colors from with the eyedropper. Stack them, move them, flip them (with double tap), or hide them.
New Navigator tool - it's like a reference image of the current project. You can use this to view the overall composition of the painting when zoomed in on a section. And just like a reference image, you can sample colors from it, resize it, flip it (with double tap), or move it out of the way.
New Classroom - we’ve added 38 short videos to help you get to know the awesome features of this app like docking your favorite tools or transforming multiple layers.
64-bit color support (for supported devices) - this creates smoother color gradients, softer airbrushes, and better color blending.
Touch-Alt - when using the Apple Pencil, place your finger anywhere on the screen to treat it like a modifier key. This is just like holding Shift or Alt in Photoshop. We’ve started building this into several tools. For example, when using Touch-Alt, you can now snap to 15 degree increments when rotating the Transform tool, or when using the Rect shape, you can use Touch-Alt to snap it to a square.
-When using the Pen or Path shape, hide all points except the neighbors when editing the path
-Fixed exporting large PSD files
-Fixed not being able to pick colors from reference images when they were outside the canvas
-Show cursor when using eraser or liquify
-Update layer thumb information after changing opacity or blend mode
-Flip reference images and Navigator with double tap gesture
-Fixed not saving project bug after importing a PSD
-Non-obstrusive Color Curve tool
Ratings and Reviews
Great app with a few quirks
This app has a great mix of tools and features from successful art software and it manages to not make the user experience a mess considering the amount of tools included. However, one thing that currently prevents me from using it more often is the way brush stepping is implemented and makes brushes like the airbrush not usable as the stepping is VERY noticeable and it also creates a sharp outline which should instead look as a smooth gradient. I use the airbrush a lot in my work and haven’t been able to find a setting to alleviate this issue. Other quirks are related more to a “power” user scenario. Things like layer grouping, multi layer selection are not here. Other things like persistent color picker and tools bar (shown in the first app store screenshot) don’t seem to be present or there isn’t any documentation on how to enable it. Regardless of these setbacks, this app comes filled with very useful features for precise work and manages to make the user experience a breeze for the most part. Also I think the three finger swipe to change brush size/opacity is probably the best thing since the two finger tap to undo was invented. Great work on the app and hope to see it improve!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the great review! We will look into the stepping issue you mentioned. We are also currently redesigning the Classroom section of the app to better showcase some of the features that are harder to find in the app. The first screenshot was built by docking some of the tools and the color wheel. You can dock nearly any tool or action by long-pressing on the icon and dragging it to the quick bar in the top-right. You can also dock the color wheel by using two fingers to place it on the canvas. I hope this helps!
used to be great
This app was my absolute favorite. There was no payments and free trials it was just a good quality app that I enjoyed using. Before I was able to have multiple layer on my drawings and I had a unlimited tools but now I have to pay for these! I have tried so many art apps and they all wanted my money, but this was the only one that was considerate that people shouldn’t waste their money on virtual art. I am disappointed in the developers because they decided to beg for our money. Clearly they just wanted some attention for the free virtual art then they decided now that they have the public attention they will start begging for cash. It says in the description that they are not like the other apps such as procreate that you need to pay to use, but now they are blending in with society.
Developer Response ,
We value our users and want them to know exactly what they are purchasing. That’s why we offer the free trial so you can try out all of the features in the application to see if it’s a good fit for you. It takes a lot of work for us to create new features and support this software. It wouldn’t be possible for us to do that if it were free. Hope this helps.
The best art app
For me, this one beats the competition in every way. More options, better UI, and better brushes. I haven’t found any other art apps or programs that blend paint colors quite like IP. Definitely get the premium upgrade. Worth way more than the price, and still costs less than some similar apps.
The latest update makes it even better, though I am currently using the “legacy” brushes until I can wrap my head around all of the new ones. Also, the app lets you download brushes that other users created directly in-app, which is another plus.
Also, the dev has always been very responsive.
- Sean Brakefield
- 73.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular,and iPod touch (6th generation).
English, Dutch, French, German, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2012 Sean Brakefield LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Get Everything (Trial Discount) $6.99
- Get Everything $9.99
- Get Everything! (iPhone-only) $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.