Informant is a powerful organizer app with Calendar, Tasks, Projects, and Notes. It works with all native Apple data calendars including iCloud, Exchange, Outlook.com, Microsoft 365, Google Calendar, Yahoo, AOL and more.
More than just a calendar app, Informant also organizes your tasks into projects, and has rich text notes for keeping information organized. Informant is a planner in your pocket.
-Improved Time Input: now using a button pad input
-Use Siri to create tasks in Informant
-Updated WatchOS App
-Email-to-Task: View emails & easy turn emails into tasks.
MOST LOVED FEATURES:
-Easy, no-risk setup: Informant can access your native calendar data so it is easy to try without migrating, syncing, or setting up a whole new calendar.
-One purchase covers iPhone and iPad
-*Show tasks and Calendar together on one view
-7 Day Stacked Week calendar view
-30 Day view with tiny-text and emojis
-*Projects with Tasks, subtasks, and checklists
-Focus View: combines weather, and current day tasks and events
-*Sync: Informant Sync, google sync, Native data and more.
-*Triggers: create templates for frequently used appointments & tasks that you can trigger while typing event/task name
-*Saved Filters feature allows you to combine your calendars together into multiple display views while keeping the data separate.
-Powerful Customization of views, defaults, colors, tags, emoji, and sync options.
-Offline access. Access all your data, all the time. Internet connection only required for syncing.
-Trusted developer. Developing calendar & agenda apps for 18 years.
-TravelAssist: helps with scheduling appointments that will take place in other time zones.
-ForceTouch on App Icon for: Create new Task/Event/Note
- 3 Task Modes - Simple, GTD, or Franklin Covey. Manage your tasks in your own way!
-*Email integration. View emails & easy turn emails into tasks.
•Sync Options Include: Google Calendar & Tasks, Toodledo, Evernote, and Informant Sync
• Weather and Email integration
Note: Informant can also access all Native Apple data calendars so you can set up iCloud, Exchange, 365, Outlook.com, AOL, Yahoo, and more calendars.
3 WAYS TO USE
• Essential Calendaring with Apple Calendar support
• No Tasks/Projects, Notes, Contacts
• No Connect Bundle
• Full features Access including: Full Calendaring, Tasks, Contacts, Notes with access to Apple Events and Reminders
• Free Updates
• Connect Bundle (email, sync & weather)
-Monthly: (30 days)
-Reverts to Free version after subscription ends
-Quarterly: (90 days)
-Reverts to Free version after subscription ends
-Year: (365 days)
-Get a 7 Day trial of full version by selecting this option.
-Keep the full app (minus the Connect Bundle) if you cancel your subscription after payment.
#3) Prefer to “Own It”?
If you don’t like subscriptions or you just want to own the app: choose the Year subscription and then immediately turn “off”
your auto-renew. You will still get 1 year of the Connect Bundle AND you will own the app in FULL Feature mode (minus the Connect Bundle) when your subscription ends.
SO MUCH MORE!
Visit http://pocketinformant.com/ for more information!
Subscriptions are billed through iTunes every 30/90/365 days (month/qtr/year) until cancelled. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Manage subscriptions including cancel or auto-renew on/off in iTunes Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
Franklin Covey, GTD and Getting Things Done are Trademarks of their respective owners.
* Some Features Require Subscription
NEW & IMPROVED:
• New Time Picker! By popular demand, the time wheels are gone and you now have a super-efficient numerical keypad to enter the time of your events.
• The Date Picker now loads significantly faster
• The I5 Date/Time picker is now used everywhere throughout the app (replacing several areas that still used the legacy PI4 Date Picker). Aside from looking great, this also resolves several issues including the date/time picker popover being too wide on iPhone SE and some year selection problems on the Buddhist calendar.
• New Pure Black theme! It takes our "dark" theme one step further. This theme was designed with the iPhone X's OLED screen in mind - it looks great and saves energy!
• The iPhone X view picker no longer uses a 2nd row of buttons for the different calendar options - simply force touch on the main calendar icon to see them (or if you are already on the calendar view, a simple tap on the calendar icon will work as well)
• Triggers are now alphabetically sorted
• Informant Home screen now always shows the very next event (whether it has a location or not)
• Restoring or deleting a backup file now confirms with you first
• You can now share Informant with a friend and give your friend a FREE month!
• Fixed issue where you couldn't dismiss the search field once you started filtering the task or notes view.
• When doing a search on iPhone X, the search results would remain active even when collapsing the drawer
• Fixed issue where Informant might describe certain Apple Calendar events as repeating on the "0th Saturday" of the month
• Fixed issue restoring a backup from iCloud Drive
• Fixed issue where tag filtering might not work properly in non-English languages
• "Inbox" wasn't being localized in the task editor
• Fixed issue where after restoring purchases, Informant Sync might repeatedly fail with an error of "Failed to send IAP receipt"
• Fixed issue where you sometimes might see two "Dismiss" buttons in the Settings view on a Plus-sized phone
• Fixed a few iPhone X specific layout issues
• Background App Refresh sometimes would get hung up and time out before it could finish
• Several internal & stability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
I use this all the time, for all my events & tasks—meetings, bills due, travel. Got it originally when switching from Palm to iPhone (yes, that long ago) because I couldn’t find anything else that supported recurring meetings each month on the 1st Tuesday, 2nd Wednesday, &c. I like the ability to modify “Just This” or “all future” in a series. Time zone support is essential for travel, and the current version is easy and transparent. Defaults to local time, just like airline schedules do, but can be set for time at original entry, to shift entries automatically when you’re traveling and the teleconference remains at the same time. Also like the ability to set multiple alarms—a day or two ahead to prepare, and then just when it’s time to go.
4 stars, not 5, because 1) the calendar can be slow to come up and populate itself. Significantly worse in the current version on iPhone 7 than earlier versions. 2) Also, Setting start and end times is a little fiddly. I often scroll the minutes when I am trying to scroll the hours, and I can’t see the hours when scrolling unless I use my left thumb. The sensitive areas don’t register properly with the text. Again, this is new misbehavior.
Almost a 5 Star!
I completely concur with the ‘WalrusTexas’ review:
I also chose Pocket Informant when I switched from Palm to iPhone because there wasn’t a calendar app out there that could manage all the repeating event/task iterations I need for my 8 life-areas with enough color choices to help visually distinguish them quickly. I’ve been recommending this app highly for years (yes, since Palm bit the dust) and assuring them that the relatively high cost was worth EVERY cent they’d pay for it!
However, I too find the roller dial to select appt times cumbersome because the right thumb (my preference in use) tends to hit the ‘most bites’ section when I’m trying to reach over it to pick the hour section. This feature still needs some work. I’ve submitted a suggestion that might solve 90-95% of this problem. Add a button or place to choose “__:00” or “__:30” for the minutes with one tap. 95% of the time appts or tasks are scheduled or rescheduled on the hour or half hour, so this would greatly expedite entries, as I often overshoot the :00 or :30 when I’m using the roller bar 10-20x per day!
Thank you in advance for your consideration. Keep up the great work! LOVE this app‼️
I have been using informant since it was on Palm. It has so much potential, but ultimately fails to deliver. It has the “ability” to combine google cal, iOS reminders, and Apps like TickTick all Into one place. That has always been my dream app. I very much use my phone as an “external” brain. I almost depend on being able to reliable access my information easily. And in my experience that’s were Informant falls sort.
My biggest problem was with “smart lists” & iOS reminders. It seems there is a bug that causes the app to reset smart lists every day if you use iOS reminders. That’s very frustrating and even more frustrating is having their support basically tell you, they weren’t going to fix it because not that many people use that feature. It seems like they are just bloating their app with half hearted features to get people to pay for it.
I’m finally giving up on informant and sticking with Fantastic and TickTick. The one good thing I will say is that Informant has the best month view options and layout over any app I’ve seen.
We have reviewed your case and while appreciate your review we do have to dispute this part, "... That’s very frustrating and even more frustrating is having their support basically tell you, they weren’t going to fix it because not that many people use that feature....". This is not correct. We have always taken a path of being honest with our customers even when the truth isn't in our favor. We feel that by being truthful and honest with our customers that they in turn will understand our side and give us the benefit of the doubt. In your case the response was an acknowledgment of the concern followed by the facts. The issue only affects a small number of users. Our development team for the time being is working on concerns that affect the majority of our customers. As those issues get resolved those affecting fewer customers are addressed. This means that your concern is not going to be fixed in an immediate upcoming release. It does not mean we will never fix it, it simply means we're holding the issue until we have developer bandwidth available to fix it correctly.
- Fanatic Software, Inc.
- 89.9 MB
- Requires iOS 10.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Fanatic Software
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Month $2.99
- Premium to Own $24.99
- Premium 3 month $6.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.