Informusic is the all-in-one classical music history resource for students, professors, and classical music lovers. Browse through biographies, program notes, sheet music, audio examples, and interactive timelines that contextualize musical events with art, history, politics, war, and more! Informusic is one of the easiest ways to search through centuries of famous classical music and to learn more about your favorite composers.
GREAT COMPOSERS & COMPOSITIONS
With the Informusic app, you’ll learn everything you want to know about Western Art Music’s greatest composers and compositions. From Medieval times to the Baroque, Classical, and Romantic eras, Informusic shows you the threads that connect music with the larger world culture of which it is a part.
COMPREHENSIVE CLASSICAL MUSIC EDUCATION
Informusic’s content is created by specialists in their respective fields of musicology, history, and performance. Our advisory board of PhD musicologists ensures quality and accuracy of information. It’s one of the most comprehensive classical music education apps on the App Store.
Informusic includes all of the tools that a music student uses for their music history courses into one app. Below are the key features of the Informusic app:
1. Biographical Information
- Quick Facts: See everything you need to know about a composer at a glance
- Biographies: Browse through brief but concise biographies
- Further Readings: View lists of leading scholars for additional research
2. Musical Works
- Program Notes: Listen to audio examples as you uncover the history and theory behind great compositions
- Sheet Music: Follow and analyze the score as you listen
- Complete Works: View catalogued lists of major pieces published by notable composers
3. Interactive Timelines
- Scroll through the chronology of a composer’s life and greatest achievements
- Contextualize musical events with other disciplines such as Art, Literature, Politics, and more!
- Curate Your Searches: Filter by year, event type, and search for specific interactions
Experience music history and enjoy it from the convenience of your smartphone or tablet. Be fascinated! Use Informusic!
* NOTE: New Composers & Content are constantly added!
We are constantly working to improve the Informusic-Classical Music History & Composer App in order ensure it is THE essential classical music app and, of course, to make it more useful for you. Please feel free to email us with any queries/suggestions/problems or if you just want to say hello. We would love to hear from you! If you have enjoyed any feature of the Informusic app, do rate us on app store and share among your friends after class, at the concert hall, or in between practice sessions.
For technical support contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For other inquiries please contact email@example.com
Now its easier than ever to view, study, and discover sheet music on your ios device!
- We've added new functions to the app so that you can view scores in portrait or landscape depending on your preference! Give it a try!
- We've added and will continue to provide you with new composers, sheet music, audio, and program notes. Be sure to check out our newest additions!
- Explore new program notes and sheet music added to existing composers as well.
If you have requests of musical works or composers you'd like to see added to the Informusic app, reach out to us!
Ratings and Reviews
wonderful to see this!
how about including debussy, gluck, and more? could you do a horizontal timeline with just a general overall look at the history major events?
Excellent app for musicians and music majors
This app has an excellent layout, is easy to navigate, and highly informative. As a musician, this app is super helpful for looking up information quickly on composers as well as verifying facts. I'm sure as the app develops, more composers will be added--for now, it's a fantastic start and I would highly recommend this to any student studying music. The possibilities are endless for this app if you think about it--it could be the music history IMDb.
Only 19 composers...
In this initial version, the app is well-organized and easy to use, but only provides bios/information on 19 (yes, only 19!) composers. (Bellini, Berlioz, Bizet, Brahms, Bruckner, Chopin, Franck, Liszt, Mendelssohn, Mendelssohn-Hensel, Musorgsky, Saint-Saens, Schumann, Strauss I, Strauss II, Tchaikovsky, Verdi, Wagner, Wieck-Schumann.) The true value of this app could be seen if it can expand to thousands of composers...although to create something that practically expansive, it almost seems easier to just suggest that Grove/OxfordMusic create an mobile app version/subscription of their already comprehensive online database. The timeline feature on this app is unique and helpful, but at present fairly useless with only 19 composers.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.