Welcome to the world of Ingress Prime, Agent. The fate of this universe, and perhaps others, depends on you. The discovery of Exotic Matter (XM), a resource of unknown origin, has sparked a covert struggle between two Factions. Cutting-edge XM technologies have completely transformed the Ingress Scanner, and it is now waiting for you to join this battle.
THE WORLD IS YOUR GAME
Explore the world around you and interact with places of cultural significance—such as public art installations, landmarks, and monuments—to collect valuable resources using your Ingress Scanner.
CHOOSE A SIDE
Fight for the Faction you believe in. Harness the power of XM to evolve mankind and discover our true destiny with The Enlightened, or protect humanity from a hostile takeover of the mind with The Resistance.
BATTLE FOR CONTROL
Dominate territories by linking Portals and creating Control Fields to achieve victory for your Faction.
Strategize and communicate with fellow Agents in your neighborhood and around the world.
Follow these links to see the latest scanner changes.
Ratings and Reviews
It’s glitchy as it gets, it get you Stuck you can’t find portals that are really close together, It’s harder to throw down links, it’s harder to make Fields because you can’t find the keys that shown because the carousel moves so fast, it’s harder to find dropped Gear. When fraking you can’t see anything because it such a mess with more than one port, over half the time you have to kill the game just make it work, Droping and grabbing stuff to you is not easy anymore nor is fill in a capsule, it drains your battery insanely fast, make your phone super hot, takes forever to load and sometimes doesn’t load at all, when throwing links it doesn’t always show and then we’ll take another key and then afterwords will not give it back to you after it knowledges at the link could not be made, you cannot submit portals, you cannot reply fast anymore, gps does not work well at all, and after 3 years of beta testing and could be more, they still did not get it right or listen to us, on iPhone you can’t use the old version or should I say download the redacted version and for that one I don’t know who to blame and probably say more apple... all in all the only reason why I’m still playing this game it’s because the friends I’ve made with others and even though I’m no longer effective in this game is still nice to see them. Upside it’s pretty!
Where Will Ingress Take you Today?
The game requires 3 essential resources for you to enjoy the experience: Time, Travel (gas), and Teamwork. The game experience will have to interact with “Portals” established by the Niantic Virtual Reality programmers that are socially interesting sites to visit (e.g., monuments, historical places, parks, popular restaurants, etc). While the game play itself may seem silly at first, it’s no different than any other strategy game going back to Chess. Simple game play is possible by yourself, or very complicated as you work to place an imaginary field (or is it?) over 3 nearby Cities or States. Team play will require the use of communication tools such as Hangouts, Slack, GroupMe, Zello, and/or Telegram. Join the Resistance and fight the use of Alien Technology release through CERN into the virtual simulation. Then, make some long-lasting friends along the way. You decide the true game experience. As far as the “cheating” in the game, it’s no different than any other computer platform dating back to Sir-Tech’s Wizardry on the Apple II+ system back in 1984. Join, have fun, and choose the game play that suits your personality.
Well, it sort of works
I still use Scanner Redacted on my Pixel phone because Prime runs like crap on it. It’s super laggy and basically unplayable on Pixel but on my iPad, Prime is almost enjoyable as a maintenance tool. It’s fast and I like it for managing items and recharging portals. However, 99% of the time, the recharging view of the portal doesn’t show any links or fields. I have to tap the portal picture to load some other view in order to see if the portal is connected to anything. It’s pretty obnoxious. Bug? Feature? Who knows.
Prime was released too early and is not acceptable for any kind of serious play. The UI is too flashy, distracting, and sort of hard to use when playing out in the field. It has a few nice usability improvements around item management but that is more than offset by bugs, missing features, and strange/poorly considered UI/UX choices (tough luck to anyone with accessibility needs, apparently). It’s a shame some of the quality of life improvements weren’t applied to the simpler, cleaner UI of the original scanner.
- Niantic, Inc.
- 225.9 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch.
- English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2012-2018 Niantic, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 15,000 CMU Pack $9.99
- 2,500 CMU Pack $1.99
- 7,000 CMU Pack $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.