Welcome to the world of Ingress Prime, Agent. The fate of this universe, and perhaps others, depends on you. The discovery of Exotic Matter (XM), a resource of unknown origin, has sparked a covert struggle between two Factions. Cutting-edge XM technologies have completely transformed the Ingress Scanner, and it is now waiting for you to join this battle.
THE WORLD IS YOUR GAME
Explore the world around you and interact with places of cultural significance—such as public art installations, landmarks, and monuments—to collect valuable resources using your Ingress Scanner.
CHOOSE A SIDE
Fight for the Faction you believe in. Harness the power of XM to evolve mankind and discover our true destiny with The Enlightened, or protect humanity from a hostile takeover of the mind with The Resistance.
BATTLE FOR CONTROL
Dominate territories by linking Portals and creating Control Fields to achieve victory for your Faction.
Strategize and communicate with fellow Agents in your neighborhood and around the world.
The Ingress Scanner has been updated to version 2.11.2. The following changes have been detected:
- The Ingress Scanner has been rebuilt from scratch. Countless scanner changes await.
Agents must be over 13 years old (for residents outside of the European Economic Area); or over 16 years old or such age needed to consent to the processing of personal data in the Agent's country of residence (for residents of the European Economic Area). Unfortunately, no children may play Ingress.
Ratings and Reviews
Where Will Ingress Take you Today?
The game requires 3 essential resources for you to enjoy the experience: Time, Travel (gas), and Teamwork. The game experience will have to interact with “Portals” established by the Niantic Virtual Reality programmers that are socially interesting sites to visit (e.g., monuments, historical places, parks, popular restaurants, etc). While the game play itself may seem silly at first, it’s no different than any other strategy game going back to Chess. Simple game play is possible by yourself, or very complicated as you work to place an imaginary field (or is it?) over 3 nearby Cities or States. Team play will require the use of communication tools such as Hangouts, Slack, GroupMe, Zello, and/or Telegram. Join the Resistance and fight the use of Alien Technology release through CERN into the virtual simulation. Then, make some long-lasting friends along the way. You decide the true game experience. As far as the “cheating” in the game, it’s no different than any other computer platform dating back to Sir-Tech’s Wizardry on the Apple II+ system back in 1984. Join, have fun, and choose the game play that suits your personality.
Well, it sort of works
I still use Scanner Redacted on my Pixel phone because Prime runs like crap on it. It’s super laggy and basically unplayable on Pixel but on my iPad, Prime is almost enjoyable as a maintenance tool. It’s fast and I like it for managing items and recharging portals. However, 99% of the time, the recharging view of the portal doesn’t show any links or fields. I have to tap the portal picture to load some other view in order to see if the portal is connected to anything. It’s pretty obnoxious. Bug? Feature? Who knows.
Prime was released too early and is not acceptable for any kind of serious play. The UI is too flashy, distracting, and sort of hard to use when playing out in the field. It has a few nice usability improvements around item management but that is more than offset by bugs, missing features, and strange/poorly considered UI/UX choices (tough luck to anyone with accessibility needs, apparently). It’s a shame some of the quality of life improvements weren’t applied to the simpler, cleaner UI of the original scanner.
Old man social club
I’ve been an off and on player since late 2014, and when it first came out I thought it was one of the coolest games on the App Store at the time.
I got my best friends playing it too, and being unable to drive we would all ride our bikes around hacking and capturing portals, and defending and reclaiming portals from the occasional attacker
But the gameplay changed shortly after we began.
After a couple weeks of enjoyable gameplay our portals were being destroyed often times less than an hour, sometimes seemingly almost immediately by max level players. The area that we were limited to on our bikes became a target for two individuals wanting to destroy anything as soon as we did anything.
Soon our own teammates were angry at us through the chat, and being quite toxic to casual players.
My friends grew tired, but I tried again with ingress. I joined my region’s google group chat, but was disappointed by the overly serious, intense, rude, and even stalker player base that shunned anyone who was new. It was like a fancy social club, and it was made very clear that I did not belong in the game.
In the end, I really want to give this game 5 stars. And it app was incredibly fun to play with my friends, before the more “serious” player base came into contact with us. But I do have some very fun memories. I just wish I could have more
- Niantic, Inc.
- 238.1 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch.
- English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2012-2018 Niantic, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 15,000 CMU Pack $9.99
- 2,500 CMU Pack $1.99
- 7,000 CMU Pack $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.