By Tai Shimizu
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Inkist lets you paint on your iPad with highly customizable brushes and tools you expect from advanced painting software. Inkist eschews the trend of hiding interface elements from you, and presents you with everything you need up front. This minimizes the number of taps needed to switch between tools and provides you with a faster, more streamlined drawing experience.
• Stylus pressure sensitivity with Wacom styluses, Adonit styluses, Pogo Connect, and preliminary support for Apple Pencil
• Ability to screen out non-stylus touches with Adonit Jot Touch (Requires Jot Touch 4 or higher), Pogo Connect, and Wacom styluses.
• Share layered files with Inkist/Inkist Lite Mac
• Three layers with blend modes, opacity, and opacity locking settings
• Export PNG, proprietary ISImage file formats, and individual layer files
• Custom shape/pattern
• Minimum radius (light stylus pressure, or beginning and end of stroke)
• Radius jitter
• Minimum opacity
• Opacity jitter
• Color jitter
• Angle jitter
• Make angle follow brush
• Brush files compatible with Inkist on Mac
• Blending tool
• Dodge/Burn blending with customizable strength for highlights, mid tones, and temperature adjustment
• Line tool
• Selection tools
• Hue saturation lightness controls
• Luminance curves
• Text tool
• Image sizes up to 2048x2048
• Option to move toolbar for a left-handed interface
• Brush stroke mirroring
Screenshot artwork generously provided by:
1st: Ray Dillon: http://raydillon.com
2nd: iPad Creator: http://necojarashi.blogspot.com
What's New in Version 1.2
• Updates Adonit Stylus SDK, now supports newer styluses
• Updates Wacom Bluetooth Pen SDK
• Updates Pogo Connect SDK
• Adds preliminary support for Apple Pencil
• Experimental compatibility for Apple Pencil & Force Touch
• Inkist may begin to get regular updates (if ads perform reasonably)
• Adds option to export all layers as png files
• An ad will now be shown after image export is complete
• Removes Hex3 JaJa SDK (it is incompatible with iOS9, and has not been updated)
• Removes PSD import/export support (the library used has not been updated for arm64 support)
• Support for some older Jot Touches has been removed (the new SDK does not support older jot touches, and the older SDK has not been updated for arm64)
Good thing it's free for limited time
Cause There are far better apps out there, just opening this felt foreign and on top of that when ever I select the file menu I can't back out back to the canvas unless I hit open image which starts a new image, I don't get it, and your guys help menu doesn't help cause it just takes you to a site that says DNS error, this app need a major overhaul imo
Good App! Been using this on and off for a number of years!
I just purchased Wacom's new Bamboo Sketch stylus for iPad/iPad Pro.
I am using Inkist with this new stylus on my 12.9 inch screen iPad Pro.
This is new Wacom stylus not working well with Inkist.
This app needs a Wacom stylus driver update badly to work better with Inkust.
Please, update your Wacom stylus drivers to support this brand new Wacom stylus.
It is pretty good for drawing comics, which is what my amount artistic talent can kinda do. But one request is, can you PLEASE add support for the PENCIl By 53, it is very annoying that I can't use it in the app.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jun 30, 2016
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 16.8 MB
- Languages: English, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Tai Shimizu
- © Tai Shimizu
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.