By Taptrix, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Inkpad is an open-source vector illustration app. It was designed from scratch for the iPad. It supports paths, compound paths, text, images, groups, masks, gradient fills, and an unlimited number of layers.
Inkpad was designed with performance in mind – it can easily handle drawings with hundreds to thousands of shapes without bogging down. Export your finished illustrations directly to your Dropbox as SVG or PDF.
• Very high performance. Select, scale and rotate hundreds of objects with zero lag.
• Create arbitrary bezier paths with the Pen tool.
• Create compound paths, masks and groups.
• Create text objects.
• Place photos from your albums.
• Boolean operators on paths (Unite, Intersect, Exclude, Subtract Front)
• Powerful scale and rotate tools.
• Gradient fills with interactive editing on canvas.
• Arbitrary stroke dash patterns.
• Swatch library.
• Unlimited layers per drawing.
• Rename, rearrange, delete, hide and lock layers.
• Adjust layer transparency.
• Snap to grid, points, and path edges.
• Isolate the active layer for easy editing.
• Email drawings as SVG, PDF, PNG and JPEG.
• Send SVG, PDF, PNG, and JPEG directly to your Dropbox.
Get the source code and contribute: https://github.com/sprang/Inkpad
What's New in Version 1.6
- Added dynamic alignment guides (“Smart” guides)
- Added Openclipart.org import
- Added a delete button to the tool palette
- Increased maximum drawing dimension to 16000 pts
- Increased maximum grid spacing to 8000 pts
- Increased maximum stroke width to 300 pts
- Increased maximum allowed resolution of pasted or imported images (now 4096x4096)
- Fixed crash that occurred at launch if there were no drawings
- Other bug fixes and tweaks
- New localizations: German, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese
- Detailed change list: https://github.com/sprang/Inkpad/blob/develop/CHANGELOG
If you like Inkpad, positive reviews on the App Store are always appreciated.
Don't see your language? Found an error in a translation? Why not volunteer to help out? Programming experience is not required.
This update includes contributions by:
Oscar Rysdyk / Bug fix + Many bug reports
Henry Wagler / German
Delfim Rodrigues / Portuguese
Pedro Lovisoto / Brazilian Portuguese
Juan Casares / Spanish
Ale Muñoz / Spanish
Carlo Gandolfi / Italian
Yannick Loriot / French
Good, but help section could be better
I like this app. I have no design experience, and I've been able to teach myself to use this. The only thing that could be improved is the help section. It's kinda brief and basically just tells you what the different tool icons are, but not an in-depth way to use them. I'm hoping to find more info for this on the app's website. Another reviewer said there is no choice of image size, but that's incorrect. There are 7 set sizes and then an 8th option to create a custom size. The different size options pop up when you click the + sign in the upper right corner to create a new image. Another review said that this app crashed often, but I've been using this for several months, and I've never had it crash. I have had a few images take a while to load and refresh when I've moved images with multiple detailed layers around the screen.
I enjoy this so much, it has many features, some of which I have adored, I love being able to work on the go or simply play with the app itself. I am in college majoring in graphic design at a technical institute where no one here is even working on things using mobile devices. I love being able to sketch using a pressure sensitive stylus I have and then just take it from that app into inkpad and if i feel it necessary, or if my battery is just low, save as an svg and transfer it to illustrator. It's truly a light version of illustrator in my opinion, although a bit less organized, and can become a bit slow when using many layers/shapes/graphics but honestly understandable. Even the best computers are can become slow when running out of ram
Great program, just needs layer details
So, I love this program. Creating art is surprisingly intuitive and powerful. The only issue I have with it is that layer details are almost nonexistent, making organization of groups and objects very difficult. A hierarchy tree of objects and groups with the ability to edit name and other properties under each layer would solve this issue.
This very well may be a common issue amongst vector editing apps for iOS but it is much needed feature for the neat freaks amongst us all. If that isn't something you see yourself needing (and even if it is) this is a wonderful, powerful, free app. :)
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 08, 2014
- Version: 1.6
- Size: 5.1 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Turkish
- Seller: Taptrix, Inc.
- © 2011-2014 Steve Sprang
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.