By Taptrix, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Inkpad is an open-source vector illustration app. It was designed from scratch for the iPad. It supports paths, compound paths, text, images, groups, masks, gradient fills, and an unlimited number of layers.
Inkpad was designed with performance in mind – it can easily handle drawings with hundreds to thousands of shapes without bogging down. Export your finished illustrations directly to your Dropbox as SVG or PDF.
• Very high performance. Select, scale and rotate hundreds of objects with zero lag.
• Create arbitrary bezier paths with the Pen tool.
• Create compound paths, masks and groups.
• Create text objects.
• Place photos from your albums.
• Boolean operators on paths (Unite, Intersect, Exclude, Subtract Front)
• Powerful scale and rotate tools.
• Gradient fills with interactive editing on canvas.
• Arbitrary stroke dash patterns.
• Swatch library.
• Unlimited layers per drawing.
• Rename, rearrange, delete, hide and lock layers.
• Adjust layer transparency.
• Snap to grid, points, and path edges.
• Isolate the active layer for easy editing.
• Email drawings as SVG, PDF, PNG and JPEG.
• Send SVG, PDF, PNG, and JPEG directly to your Dropbox.
Get the source code and contribute: https://github.com/sprang/Inkpad
What's New in Version 1.6
- Added dynamic alignment guides (“Smart” guides)
- Added Openclipart.org import
- Added a delete button to the tool palette
- Increased maximum drawing dimension to 16000 pts
- Increased maximum grid spacing to 8000 pts
- Increased maximum stroke width to 300 pts
- Increased maximum allowed resolution of pasted or imported images (now 4096x4096)
- Fixed crash that occurred at launch if there were no drawings
- Other bug fixes and tweaks
- New localizations: German, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese
- Detailed change list: https://github.com/sprang/Inkpad/blob/develop/CHANGELOG
If you like Inkpad, positive reviews on the App Store are always appreciated.
Don't see your language? Found an error in a translation? Why not volunteer to help out? Programming experience is not required.
This update includes contributions by:
Oscar Rysdyk / Bug fix + Many bug reports
Henry Wagler / German
Delfim Rodrigues / Portuguese
Pedro Lovisoto / Brazilian Portuguese
Juan Casares / Spanish
Ale Muñoz / Spanish
Carlo Gandolfi / Italian
Yannick Loriot / French
Impressive SVG drawing app
I own a number of drawing apps including iDraw, iDesign, Procreate, etc. I have been watching the development of Inkpad and am pleased to report that the latest release is very, very good. There is a tiny bit of a learning curve, as with any Scalable Vector Graphics app, but once one is past that there are a number of uses to which one can apply this including art, drafting, diagrams, photo manipulation, and so on.
The designers have done a brilliant job making this very easy to use. Many of the features are intuitive if one is familiar with this kind of program.
If you have any interest whatsoever in this type of program I strongly recommend you give it a try.
Lastly, I want to thank the highly talented designers who contributed to this project. Great job!
This is an app that you can tell the developers/designers took great care to build. I love the alignment functions and the ability to create layers is awesome. You even get to import your own fonts! The only thing i'd like to have is the ability to sort my projects into groups or folders.
I am a graphic designer, and i use corel draw and illustrator on a daily basis. And i must say i can't believe how much i like inkpad! I am truly amazed. It's so intuitive and easy to use, and logical.
I can actually create stuff on this app if i dont have access to my computer :)
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 08, 2014
- Version: 1.6
- Size: 5.1 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Turkish
- Seller: Taptrix, Inc.
- © 2011-2014 Steve Sprang
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.