By Taptrix, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Inkpad is an open-source vector illustration app. It was designed from scratch for the iPad. It supports paths, compound paths, text, images, groups, masks, gradient fills, and an unlimited number of layers.
Inkpad was designed with performance in mind – it can easily handle drawings with hundreds to thousands of shapes without bogging down. Export your finished illustrations directly to your Dropbox as SVG or PDF.
• Very high performance. Select, scale and rotate hundreds of objects with zero lag.
• Create arbitrary bezier paths with the Pen tool.
• Create compound paths, masks and groups.
• Create text objects.
• Place photos from your albums.
• Boolean operators on paths (Unite, Intersect, Exclude, Subtract Front)
• Powerful scale and rotate tools.
• Gradient fills with interactive editing on canvas.
• Arbitrary stroke dash patterns.
• Swatch library.
• Unlimited layers per drawing.
• Rename, rearrange, delete, hide and lock layers.
• Adjust layer transparency.
• Snap to grid, points, and path edges.
• Isolate the active layer for easy editing.
• Email drawings as SVG, PDF, PNG and JPEG.
• Send SVG, PDF, PNG, and JPEG directly to your Dropbox.
Get the source code and contribute: https://github.com/sprang/Inkpad
What's New in Version 1.5.2
- Added T-end arrowhead
- Added new export options
- Inkpad now indicates to other apps that it can edit SVG
- Added an "Import from Photo Album" button in the Gallery
- Redesigned Font panel (now shows Family/Typeface)
- Radial gradients now start at the center of the shape instead of the left
- Added new tool: Closed Freehand Shape
- Increased maximum drawing size to 4096x4096
- Bug Fixes
- New localizations: Italian, Spanish, French, Turkish
Don't see your language? Why not volunteer to do a translation? Programming experience is not required.
This update includes contributions by:
Carlo Gandolfi (Italian translation)
Miguel Dussán (Spanish translation)
Yannick Loriot (French translation)
Ersen Tekin (Turkish translation)
Amazing app, really appreciate a non-IAP-based app that is so professional and complete. But, it is so good I would definitely pay more for expansions.
Really would like the brush tool that draws a vector border to have a mode that works like illustrators blob brush, kinda thought that would be how the alt to that tool would work. Anyways, great app, great UX, very pro and worth more than the price tag has ever been.
This App has the same power as the other 10$ App I purchased. I'm no artist but I do understand the priceless convenience of being able to illustrate any message I need to convey. From marking up photos to multi layered intricate canvas pieces. The tools and power are inside. Do yourself favor and use this app before you spend your greenbacks on the competition. It's a concept soon to sweep the App Store.
Great app, but slow
I have really been enjoying using this app. It works very nicely for what I need!
My one complaint is that the app is very slow. It takes forever to load when I move an item, or after I zoom in or out. I would greatly appreciate it if this issue could be fixed!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jan 31, 2014
- Version: 1.5.2
- Size: 4.9 MB
- Languages: English, French, Italian, Spanish, Turkish
- Seller: Taptrix, Inc.
- © 2011-2014 Steve Sprang
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.