InnerVoice: augmentative alternative communication
By MotionPortrait, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
InnerVoice makes learning to communicate fun for people on the autism spectrum! Watch your pictures, line drawings, or toys come to life, as they speak in a variety of voices and show you how to talk, using video self-modeling. InnerVoice can function as a powerful communication app or as an entertaining and interactive toy, which creates an engaging social experience.
InnerVoice will immerse you into a total communication environment, where you not only hear a desired message but see it being produced -- by a photograph of a face, a toy, or drawing. This award-winning and affordable app takes full advantage of all the iPad has to offer.
Play is an important part of learning for any child. In fact, engagement helps improve just about everyone’s learning experience. InnerVoice can be used for play -- watch people talk like a giant, a child, or an elf -- it’s hilarious! Laughter brings people together and makes them want to continue interacting. Who says learning to communicate needs to be frustrating or boring?
InnerVoice is designed by speech-language pathologists and recommended for parents, educators, assistive technology specialists, speech-language pathologists, or anyone who wants a high-quality, state-of-the-art, affordable solution for children and adults with communication challenges such as autism, ALS, Down Syndrome, cerebral palsy, stroke, traumatic brain injury, selective mutism, apraxia, or dysarthria.
Edu-tainment -- teaching through a medium that both educates and entertains -- MotionPortrait and co-designer iTherapy’s system emphasizes engagement and joint attention. At the same time, InnerVoice incorporates speech-pathologist-designed, evidence-based practices that improve speech, language, communication, and social skills. Recent research articles have postulated that education, entertainment, and video self-modeling can provide numerous benefits for individuals with autism.
Incredibly affordable -- download InnerVoice and receive numerous premium ground-breaking features at a very low cost:
* Patent-pending interactive video self-modeling, which gives users the ability to watch themselves speak clearly and effectively -- as if their own reflections were teaching themselves how to speak! “One of the attributes of self-modeling is that positive results are seen almost immediately.” Tom Buggey, Ph.D. Seeing Is Believing
* 3-D animated avatars not only engage users and communication partners but also improve speech comprehension by displaying synchronized mouth movements, which accompany the voices in the app.
* Smarty Symbols set contains over 1,000 symbols organized into categories such as animals, verbs, descriptive words, fruits, drinks, insects, etc. Search symbols via category or search by name.
* Two Powerful sets of standard pre-programmed vocabularies plus the ability to customize and add buttons and folders.
* An easy-to-use edit mode creates personalized avatars and vocabulary to fit individual needs in a snap.
* Two innovative avatar speech modes -- record-your-message or text-to-speech
* Create novel messages by seamlessly transitioning from buttons to keyboard, and back, with a touch of the finger.
* Industry-first remote prompting -- (learn more about remote prompting at www.innervoiceapp.com)
* Two high-quality voices (male and female) from Acapela Group, combined with pitch control, give you endless voice choices.
* Winner of the Mensa Education & Research Foundation Intellectual Benefit to Society Award 2013
* Recipient of the 2014 INAP Award for Excellence in Technology
* Featured on NewsWatch TV -- http://newswatchtv.com/inner-voice.html
Editing features of InnerVoice were funded by Autism Speaks Neighborhood Grant. For more information about this grant, visit http://www.autismspeaks.org/site-wide/grants
For more information and video demos please visit www.innervoiceapp.com
InnerVoiceFree and InnerVoice Premium are compatible with iPad2 with iOS7 and higher.
What's New in Version 1.4
1) improve UI
2) fix minor bugs
I'm a behavior analyst...
And some of my families (and me, honestly) can't fork over hundreds of dollars that other communication programs cost. Inner voice is a great value. No, an amazing value. And it's changing the life of a nonverbal 22 year old because she can ask for specific items that just don't easily get named in sign. It doesn't have all the functions of proloquo, like selecting pictures an rearranging them, and the folders are a bit clunky to manage, but it allows you to use photos or import drawings to create buttons for manding. The prompting feature is promising for teaching mine/yours and other difficult to prompt phrases, but I haven't needed it yet. Thank you autism speaks for getting this app out into the world!
- Category: Education
- Updated: May 20, 2015
- Version: 1.4
- Size: 97.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: MotionPortrait, Inc.
- © MotionPortrait, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.