By INRIX, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
INRIX Traffic is a traffic, navigation and parking app that uses one of the world’s largest driver and vehicle communities to simplify your commute and to get you to important places, as quickly and safely as possible. Plus, NO ADS!
Share incidents along your route, including accidents, police activity and road hazards. Check traffic cameras to see traffic in real-time. Share your ETA with family and friends to keep everyone up-to-date on your progress. Use smart alerts that tell you when to leave and keep you on-time during your drive. Find the cheapest and most convenient parking garages near your destinations. Save time, money and stress!
- Live traffic routing to avoid congestion and other delays
- Incident reports from the INRIX community, including accidents, hazards, police activity and more
- Turn-by-turn navigation with voice assist to guide you quickly and safely to your destination
- Automatic re-routing as conditions change during your commute
- Share your ETA with family, friends and co-workers
- Smart alerts notify when you need to leave and of incidents along your drive
- Use traffic forecasts and Best Time to Leave features to better plan your drives
- Calendar integration means automatic driving directions to your important events and appointments
- Find parking spaces near your favorite places with turn-by-turn directions
- Get pricing and availability for on-street parking spaces, park and rides, lots, and garages in an ever growing list of major US cities
- All of these features and no advertisements!
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 6.8.3
Improved compatibility with iOS 11.
Love me some of that Inrix!
How can I praise Inrix more?
Using the free traffic monitor since the iPhone 4s days has proven how useful and timely the available data is for use as an actionable information resource on my commute back and forth to work.
Inrix is so accurate that it causes unintended consequences while driving through highly congested routes. Once traffic slows to a crawl, people using Inrix information in real time create new bottlenecks with alternate routes becoming jammed with traffic, making long commutes even longer due to the pressure of so many drivers trying to avoid the delays on the Interstate vs surface streets.
Knowledge is power, trying to avoid congested highways makes all viable re-routes unusable as a time saving strategy.
In highly congested urban areas such as Los Angeles, this makes for an impenetrable gridlock of autos on highways and any surface streets adjacent to highways.
For the unfortunate residents of these surface streets, quality of life drops considerably with the stampede of cars sitting idling in once quiet neighborhoods.
Before leaving home via Interstate it is now part of my preparation to check Inrix traffic along the entire route to avoid sitting in congestion.
For Inrixs’ ability to inform me of significant delays creates more quality time in my life because sitting in an idling car is no ones idea of a great use of time.
Gets harder to figure
This app use to be so easy to use and the driving view was great. Now while driving its rarely in the correct driving view. When I get it there blindly swiping or tapping I’ve no idea what I’ve done. My tweenagers can’t even find the view I want while I’m driving. I keep hop my it’ll improve but it’s been quite a while now. Tracking wise it’s okay. But it’s also much harder to report incidents. And it no longer removes them when you report it’s gone. So not great. Why list an accident reported gone.
This is a typical case of the developer first created a very useful app but got bored since the UI was very good and didn’t need changing but said bored developer made changes because the developer was tired of the UI not because the changes were an improvement.
I am apparently the only user in my area
Traffic indications are usually wrong, and not in a good way. However, it does seem to update as soon as I get to the area. Then it updates to indicate the actual movement of my car. I know I am not moving and it should be very dark not just red. If you assume the colors are 10to 15 minutes old and use accordingly, the app is almost useful. Seems to usually but not always indicates accidents. I have yet to see an indication for police action. Maybe just my area. Massachusetts. May work better elsewhere.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Oct 11, 2017
- Version: 6.8.3
- Size: 173 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: INRIX, Inc
- © 2015 INRIX, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- INRIX Traffic Premium Upgrade$9.99