INRIX Traffic Maps, Routes & Alerts
By INRIX, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The all-new INRIX Traffic for iOS is a next-generation navigation app that intelligently anticipates your next drive – and gets you there as quickly and safely as possible.
INRIX Traffic learns your driving habits and routes to help you plan your day. We take the guesswork out of when to leave, which way to go, and provide turn-by-turn directions along your drive. Connect your calendar and we’ll add your upcoming appointments to your driving schedule.
INRIX Traffic uses traffic and GPS data from our global network of over 250 million connected vehicles, roadways and cities to improve your commute by providing the best routes and directions to new and familiar destinations.
We give you the information you need before you realize you’ll need it! INRIX Traffic monitors road conditions so you don’t have to. Pre-Drive Alerts keep you aware of changing road conditions and ideal departure times. And, our Drive Time Alerts keep you one-step ahead of traffic jams and incidents while you’re commuting.
Use INRIX Traffic to report incidents along your route including accidents, police activity and road hazards. Connect your contacts, and share your ETA to keep everyone up-to-date on your progress. In addition, the more you drive the smarter the app gets. Don't leave your driveway without it!
- Live traffic to avoid congestion and other delays
- Turn-by-turn navigation with voice assist to guide you quickly and safely to your destination
- NO distracting advertisements!
- We learn your driving habits and routes to anticipate your next drive
- Route monitoring makes sure you’re aware of current conditions and the optimal time to leave
- Smart alerts that notify you when you need to leave and of incidents along your drive
- Calendar integration means automatic driving directions to your important events and appointments
- Find parking garages with pricing, hours and direct turn-by-turn directions
- Automatic re-routing as conditions change during your commute
- Share ETA to keep people updated on your progress
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 6.1.0
Version 6.1 features great new features and performance improvements!
• On-street parking availability - easily discover on-street parking options near your destination.
• Suggested parking options while you’re en route – save time and money!
• Find and add parking when you search for a destination – and we’ll provide directions to both!
• Now see search results on a map to help you plan your best route.
• Search improvements including auto-complete
• Bug fixes and performance improvements to improve your experience.
They just couldn't stand a good thing...
I've been using this app for more than a year now and the app was "no-frills" back then. The interface was awesome and easy to navigate. Best of all it provided an alert to me every morning and evening right before I left for or from work to let me know if my expected commute. Saved me from many difficult jams. So when I saw an update I figured that they probably made so esthetic upgrades so I updated not understanding what a mistake it would be. Now I do not get any updates on traffic conditions before I leave work or home; not to mention the app crashes or freezes when I try to get an updated traffic information. Now I'm stuck with the vague information given by drive-time radio.
The only thing I can think of is they are trying to compete with wazz or something; but I'm not a complete airhead who needs turn by turn directions for my standard run of the mill, 5 day a week commute. Work doesn't move every day, I know right where it is located. PLEASE restore the functionality of the previous version and continue to help me save my time and money.
If you're new to the app, keep moving, nothing to see here unless you enjoy apps that freeze and crash and take about 3-4 try's to give you the information.
Update Ruined App
I used to use this app almost everyday to monitor my route to work. Traffic has been light the past week due to spring break for the local schools. This morning I opened the app to find out they've completely redone the interface and the app is no longer driver friendly. It started with a map of practically the entire county so o had to zoom in and then as soon as I zoomed in beyond a certain point ALL the traffic colors disappeared. Zoom out far enough then they come back, zoom in and after a certain threshold, they disappear. Not to mention that the colors are now so thin that you really can't tell without holding the phone up to your face, what color the traffic pattern is. THIS APP WAS MEANT FOR USE BY PEOPLE DRIVING CARS! Compound this with disappearing color lines and you get...DELETED. Time to find another traffic app.
I have no use for any GPS turn by turn directions as I use this for work commutes so can't review that aspect.
Just don't understand what is wrong with this company that they would completely ruin an app that so many loved and relied on...
Wildly inaccurate with update
I used to use this app twice a day on my commute. It accurately predicted within a few minutes when I would arrive, which was extremely helpful to communicate to my boss and my wife. However, with this latest update I must concur with others that this app is a waste of energy. Example: on Wednesday,I clicked on the app and put it on my dashboard as I always do. It said my commute would only be 21 minutes and that it was smooth sailing, designated by green, for my route. Unusual for Washington DC in the middle of the week. In fact, it took me one hour and 45 minutes to get to work.
I am in digital marketing and it makes me wonder how they could bring this update to market without thoroughly testing, risking the loss of loyal, premium users like me. Oh yeah, that reminds me. The app did not remember my premium saved places. Unreal.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Apr 18, 2016
- Version: 6.1.0
- Size: 88.2 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: INRIX, Inc
- © 2015 INRIX, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- INRIX Traffic Premium Upgrade$9.99