Plan optimal routes or chart your own course using weather, elevation, curves and more. Then navigate safely with voice-guided, turn-by-turn directions that automatically check your route for severe weather.
Test all features free for 7 days.
***As seen on the TODAY show in the Traveling This Summer segment***
“adding to both the safety of the ride and the pleasure of knowing beforehand what to expect” - Florin Tibu, “autoevolution”
“I used InRoute for planning six world record attempts. No weather app gives you more information, period.” - Carl Reese, Multiple World Record Holder
Key Features (some require in-app purchase--see below):
• Voice guided navigation of up to 150 locations with automatic severe weather alerts (alerts are currently available in the US, Canada, and EU)
• Optimize waypoint order for fastest time, or manually reorder
• Import from XLSX, GPX and KML files
• Create custom routes based on weather, elevation and curviness, or build your own route from available alternates on each leg of a route
• Interactive charts showing route elevation, curviness, weather (temperature, humidity, precipitation, wind speed/direction, severe weather alerts), and sunrise/sunset times
• Search along a route—the whole route, every x miles/hours, or the next x miles/hours from a place—find gas, hotels, campgrounds or places to eat close to a route
• Set Departure and Layover Times—weather forecasts, road conditions (e.g. congestion), and travel times accurately reflect conditions throughout the trip
• Save your favorite routes and places, sync between devices, organize into folders, print via Airprint, and share with family and friends
• Easily add places to the map using a Dropped pin, Search, or Contacts
• Export routes to Apple Maps, Google Maps, Navigon, and Waze. Some apps use inRoute's "Agenda Nav" feature. See the in-app FAQ for more info
• Export to GPS devices and apps compatible with GPX files
• Routes are stored on your device so you can access them even if you lose connection
The following are available after in-app purchase.
- Add more than 5 places per route, weather and elevation charts/custom routes, voice navigation, iCloud sync, export, layovers, advanced route search
- For additional details, see the in-app Upgrades screen
Two purchase levels. Test 7 days for free.
1) inRoute Pro: $3.99 monthly, or $29.99 annually. Create routes with up to 150 locations and access all services.
2) inRoute Premium: $14.99 one-time purchase. Create routes with up to 25 locations and access all services.
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase.
Note: Since continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life, inRoute will automatically shut down if you haven't used it in a while.
- Minor bug fixes affecting emailing pins and weather alerts
• Draw Mode options now include setting Layovers and Vias (silent waypoints)
• Via pins now semi-transparent to allow a better view of the underlying route
• Those traveling at a faster pace can improve travel time estimates by increasing default road speeds by 5-20% in Settings.
• For routes with layovers, both the total route time and the time excluding stops (moving time) are shown under the map's List icon
• Navigation interface improvements
- Tap on the time/distance estimates to speak details about next arrival
- Tap and hold the Speech button to mute/unmute voice directions
- Moved the "End" button to the bottom toolbar for easier access, and North-up/Track-up mode to the map's location icon
• Added a confirmation dialog when removing a pin that has had notes entered
Ratings and Reviews
Absolutely fantastic app, one key feature missing
I do a lot of overseas motorcycle trips and I plan all my routes via inRoute. I spend weeks planning the perfect routes. I’m looking for scenic curvy routes all over the mountains and the app allows me to see elevation changes and curviness of the route while I’m planning. I also take photos during my rides and I want to be at specific locations on my ride during sunrise/sunset and the app shows me sun up/down along my route and where I’ll be when it happens. While I’m on my ride, I check this app all the time to determine weather conditions along my ride. Incredible! This app rocks!!!
The one essential feature that I need that has caused me issues during route planning is the inability to set the time zone for start-times of my routes. I always have to do mental Olympics while planning my route to determine what time local is the desired time at my route start point halfway across the world. To complicate things further I travel every week and so my local time zone changes during my route planning sessions and it screws up my start-time offsets for my route location start. Having the ability to set timezone, or even better, automatically determining timezone based off the location of the route start point would be fantastic.
I really really want to give this app 5 stars but can’t without this critical timezone feature.
My Favorite App - Since 2014
I'm a long distance motorcycle rider and love taking the back, winding road. I also run a large sport touring motorcycle group and plan very complex rally routes in the Smokey Mountains. I've tried out so many route apps and have paid for all of them. InRoute stands out far ahead of all others. It's not even a contest. Many other apps depend on a computer based application where you can view a route on the app. Some focus on uploading to a GPS, but few, if any, do it all on your phone or tablet. Those that can display a route rarely provide spoken turn by turn directions and none provides the ability to find gas stations along the route at 200 mile intervals and hotels ever 8 hours of driving, while adding layovers and stops at designated points. But where all others fall down is editing a given route on the fly from your phone. One more point of interest. Data is needed when you start a route. If you ride into areas where there is zero data access, you will always see your designated route and spoken turn by turn directions will always take you on your planned route.
All in all, there is no better route planner - period. Faithful InRoute user since 2014.
Planning Motorcycle Rides
Have been looking for a Route Planner, this works pretty well. Took some time to become familiar with the features, I use it for Motorcycle rides and its been fun planning out the Routes. After mapping out the trips, they can be titled and saved and can be shared. The app allows you to map out a desired route using what they call waypoints, the only problems I have found is, if you're not careful where you drop the way points, it will direct you off route, once you pass that way point, the app tries to redirect you back to that point . Would be cool if there were a skip button that directed you to the next waypoint on your programmed Route allowing you to continue the trip with out confusion, other than that, as I said before, it works Pretty well.
Apparently they listen well, there is a skip button if you want to proceed past a waypoint..cool!
Now I wish there were a version for a desk top, if I could map out a route on my IMac and transfer the route to my phone or a flash drive, that would be awesome,
Great updates so far, loving the app!!
- Carob Apps, LLC
- 55.5 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Carob Apps
- In-App Purchases
- inRoute Pro $3.99
- One-Time Route Planner Premium $4.99
- inRoute Premium $14.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.