By Ryan Bowring
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Do ASCII characters and plain text make you happy? Do you like to program like it's 1989? Do you like to twist and contort your thinking to help solve bizarre challenges?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, Insane BF is most definitely the app for you! Insane BF is a complete execution environment for the esoteric BF programming language, which was created in 1993 by Urban Müller. Insane BF features everything great about the six command language without requiring a command line.
Some of Insane BF's features include:
- A simple user interface which doesn't require a PhD in human-computer interaction to use
- Fully Mac: supports Versions and iCloud, and uses 64-bit processing and Grand Central Dispatch technology to run as fast as possible
- A quick interpreter which optimizes input code and supports all standard commands
- Customizable stack size and end-of-input marker to support programs designed for other platforms
- Optional rudimentary debugging support
- Command line Read-Eval-Print-Loop interface which executes code as soon as it is typed in
- Ability to convert your programs into C code which can be compiled to run natively without an interpreter*
* - Compiling C code requires the Apple developer tools to be installed.
- Category: Developer Tools
- Released: Apr 18, 2016
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 6.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Ryan Bowring
- © 2014 Ryan Bowring
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor