Inseries - Spreadsheet-like Smart Calculator
By Gerald Aquila
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
The smart, modern, and elegant calculator app for the menu bar
* Easy, logical entering of calculations and clear history of previous results
* Built-in calendar functions (e.g., number of days between two dates)
* Naturally adding and subtracting percentages (e.g., 99+20% taxes or 79-30% discount)
Inseries is the slightly different professional calculator app that allows you to naturally enter calculations and clearly browse your previous results. Simply type in "100+20%" to add taxes, or "100-30%" to easily calculate a discount. Inseries even shows you "pi" as a real constant instead of just a number.
Inseries' clear user interface is optimized for desktop power users providing a configurable global hotkey for activation and keyboard shortcuts for all important actions. For instance, memory is both stored and retrieved via shortcuts that are logical and easy to remember. Also the function and constant choosers are accessed in this way, though you can of course also simply type them in.
Intelligent professional calculator
* Menu-bar app supporting quick-activation via global hotkey
* Fast access to common, date, and scientific functions and constants
* Natural adding and subtracting of percentages
* Real random value generator for the built-in rand() function
Simple and clear user interface
* Easily enter calculations in a spreadsheet-like way
* Copy results and paste support for calculation field
* Fast switching between all, 4, 2, and no fraction digits
* Keyboard shortcuts for storing, recalling and clearing memory
Persistent calculation and result history
* Built-in database for previous calculations and results
* Easily reusing previous calculations and results via clicking
* Persistent settings, e.g., for fraction digits mode
* Variable-style access to memory ("M") and current result ("R")
What's New in Version 2.0
Inseries 2.0 provides a number of significant improvements over previous versions of our smart calculator app. New features include:
- More clear representation of past calculations through color coding and more natural operator characters for multiplications and divisions
- Faster way to perform date calculations: you can now easily add days to a date via the standard ‘+’ operator and calculate the number of days between two dates by subtracting them from each other
Hope you enjoy the new update!
very nice app
It’s very convenient to have this in the menu bar, especially on the big iMac, as the the little default calculator gets lost amid my windows. I am not a math person and so to have a quick way to add (you laugh but I am dyslexic with numbers), calculate percents for discounts (the way I think) etc is great. Nice that it has a “paper tape” type menu, so I can take a quick look back in case I need it. I use it now every day. I reported a little bug to the developer and heard back from him right away, I am sure it will be fixed in the next iteration. I think it’s worth the money!
It’s a calculator. Nothing special.
It’s nice have a calculator in the menu bar. :)