inShort: Project & Workflow
By Jury Shortki
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Get the free version of inShort for iOS! Click "inShort Support" to learn more about the offer.
This program allows you to build diagrams of processes and monitor their execution. As a rule, tasks do not exist on their own, they are usually interrelated, and the best way to show this is to build a diagram of processes.
Almost every task in the program can be drilled down to a separate diagram, until the project is broken down into elementary operations. Having constructed a detailed scheme, you can simulate the future execution of the project, what will become the basis for the planned schedule, which can be compared with the current execution of tasks without leaving the program. You can also place some tasks in the Calendar and set reminders on them.
More formally, the program allows you to build a customized, based on the BPMN notation, PERT diagram of the project (with events and processes at nodes). Then this description of the project is used to generate a Gantt chart and track the progress of the project.
So, inShort is a powerful tool to work with projects and business processes, which can be applied not only in office but also for personal purposes. You can further explore the capabilities of the program with the detailed interactive User Guide.
Here are a few cases in which this program can help you:
You have a difficult task, you do not know where to start and how to approach it.
Try to approach it with this program and you'll find out where to start and where to move.
Or conversely, you have a lot of problems: you are literally surrounded with task managers and planners, but at the same time feel that you make no headway, like a squirrel in a cage.
Draw your goals in this program, and you'll find out, which of your tasks work for your goals and which — against them.
You suspect that business processes in your organization are not optimal and you are doing a lot of unnecessary work?
Build a scheme of processes in this program, and you'll see what's what.
Need to plan a complex project?
Draw a sketch, and you won't have to constantly make the project plan over in a project manager.
You need to organize the learning process by a mass of sources in a certain order?
Build a curriculum inShort, and you won't get lost in the new material.
• Building the diagram of processes and resources (PERT network diagram of the project, based on BPMN notation).
• Drill down the diagram elements.
• Tracking the execution of processes.
• Advanced mode of pre-planning.
• Integration with the standard Calendar.
• Displaying the list of tasks in the form of a Gantt chart.
• Separation of physical and information flows.
• Export of diagrams into PDF files and OPML outlines.
• Ability to specify the expected time of execution, both directly and parametrically.
• Working calendars taking into account various schedules of work for implementation of tasks.
• Work resources and their assignment to tasks.
• Material resources, counting the usage of resources by the diagram.
• Localization of work and resources in places.
• Queues of tasks: organize the work with active tasks in accordance with the elements of the GTD methodology.
• Control lists for diagrams — monitor the sequence of actions with the diagram step by step.
Advanced features of project management in accordance with the Theory of Constraints technique:
• finding the critical path;
• positioning of time buffers of the project;
• calculation of buffer sizes;
• calculation of late starts for feeding paths of the project;
• tracking of time indicators during project execution.
Cannot solve a problem? Draw it inShort and sort things out with it there. It's like voodoo but it works.
What's New in Version 1.5.2
• View the order of the diagram objects in the form of a curve running round — just touch the number above the object.
• Edit the order directly on the diagram.
• Use the automatic numbering feature.
Now WBS numbers are created on their own!
• Fixed inaccuracies in the WFL format of data exchange with the workflow.link service.
• Made some elaboration and interface improvements.
Based on the inShort application, the online service workflow.link is launched!
The service provides a convenient and efficient way to share plans and business processes. A common workplace and real-time collaboration ensure consistency of efforts and synchronization of terms. Try today and you will be ready for any projects.
Learn more at http://www.workflow.link
We are grateful to all the active users whose comments and suggestions have been useful in improving inShort.
not a software/data/digital process/flow design tool??
after tried a bit, find it not a data/digital process/flow design tool. Since the shapes for these processes are missing. Seems the developer is trying to help user forming an entire new platform for collaborating, but the backward compatibilities with MS Visio/project and others are still preferred (by me) given my work environment’s co-existence of both OS and MS systems.
Chart layout is an problem for me. The way to save chart to PDF is desired, especially if the links and drill down/up features can be preserved. Saving pictures is not as natural as normally user experienced.
Love the drill down/up feature, but need a way to flat things for displaying and overviewing. Did not find the feature yet, maybe I missed.
Have only had a week or so with the product but I’m fairly impressed with it so far.
Much simpler than other packages for diagrams while still retaining some of the more useful features such as the ability to drill down by click on one icon and then moving to another full diagram.
Let’s me focus on the actual content rather than spend endless time fiddling with format since it handles most of that pretty effortlessly.
Enjoy the ability to show % complete and other data right in the icon.
Great App for PM
Easy to work and manage app for PM.