Get the free version of inShort for iOS! Click "inShort Support" to learn more about the offer.
This program allows you to build diagrams of processes and monitor their execution. As a rule, tasks do not exist on their own, they are usually interrelated, and the best way to show this is to build a diagram of processes.
Almost every task in the program can be drilled down to a separate diagram, until the project is broken down into elementary operations. Having constructed a detailed scheme, you can simulate the future execution of the project, what will become the basis for the planned schedule, which can be compared with the current execution of tasks without leaving the program. You can also place some tasks in the Calendar and set reminders on them.
More formally, the program allows you to build a customized, based on the BPMN notation, PERT diagram of the project (with events and processes at nodes). Then this description of the project is used to generate a Gantt chart and track the progress of the project.
inShort Pro — application version for experienced and advanced users, contains advanced and service functions useful for in-depth work with diagrams.
Functions included in inShort Pro:
• Working with layers of diagrams;
• inReview: publications of user diagrams surveys by experienced project managers, indicating successful findings and weaknesses in the diagrams.
The inShort Pro version is available by monthly subscription. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
So, inShort is a powerful tool to work with projects and business processes, which can be applied not only in office but also for personal purposes. You can further explore the capabilities of the program with the detailed interactive User Guide.
Here are a few cases in which this program can help you:
You have a difficult task, you do not know where to start and how to approach it.
Try to approach it with this program and you'll find out where to start and where to move.
You suspect that business processes in your organization are not optimal and you are doing a lot of unnecessary work?
Build a scheme of processes in this program, and you'll see what's what.
• Building the diagram of processes and resources (PERT network diagram of the project, based on BPMN notation).
• Drill down the diagram elements.
• Tracking the execution of processes.
• Advanced mode of pre-planning.
• Integration with the standard Calendar.
• Displaying the list of tasks in the form of a Gantt chart.
• Separation of physical and information flows.
• Export of diagrams into PDF files and OPML outlines.
• Ability to specify the expected time of execution, both directly and parametrically.
• Working calendars taking into account various schedules of work for implementation of tasks.
• Work resources and their assignment to tasks.
• Material resources, counting the usage of resources by the diagram.
• Localization of work and resources in places.
• Queues of tasks: organize the work with active tasks in accordance with the elements of the GTD methodology.
• Control lists for diagrams — monitor the sequence of actions with the diagram step by step.
Advanced features of project management in accordance with the Theory of Constraints technique:
• finding the critical path;
• positioning of time buffers of the project;
• calculation of buffer sizes;
• calculation of late starts for feeding paths of the project;
• tracking of time indicators during project execution.
Cannot solve a problem? Draw it inShort and sort things out with it there. It's like voodoo but it works.
Dark theme of the interface:
• forms of the application adapted for a dark background;
• icons supplemented with alternative versions;
• the theme of the diagrams is switched along with the theme of the interface.
Improved stability of the application.
We are grateful to all users who leave feedback about the application, they are excellent motivation for further development of inShort.
Ratings and Reviews
User Guide is Fantastic
I have only just begun to use InShort and the “in the app” user guide is fantastic, it is actually all the working logic blocks for the resources, events and triggers. You advance through the user guide just as if you were using the program, all the logic and editing tools are active. The user guide gives me an awesome idea of what this program is capable of to extablish a critical action path and show all the resource people how they are impacting a project in a visual manner. InShort is much like a ladder logic editor however the results are great GANTT charts that are easily understood by anyone as they show the named tasks, who is responsible, what they need, the required result and the date it needs to be done by. I started project management with MacProject on my first Mac I bought in March of 1984. I used MacProject all the from the 1st Mac OS up to MacOS 9. Then when OS X arrived I switched to Project X and the program was discontinued when Mountain Lion arrived. I could not be more happy with InShort since I learned MacProject on my 8mhz 128K memory Macintosh in 1984, this app has a bright future for people that have to think their way through a process, a construction project or a custom automation project. Great job InShort!!!
Impressive tool for applicaiton development
Initially I was looking for a tool that was similar to MS Visio for Mac to help me design the process flows for an Application I am working on for my employer, and then I stumbled across this little gem. This is like Visio on steroids and at the same time NOTHING like Visio at all!! You can build and design process flows with ease. You can create layer upon layer of drill downs to account for incredible complexity within a process while keeping the individual layers of your diagrams simple, clean and easy to read. And that is just the beginning of what you can do with this incredible program. There are so many features packed into this thing it’ll take me a while to ferret out everything that can be done, but from what I’ve seen so far … this is VERY well done!
Once you “get it” this is very powerful software.
This is really software for smart people looking to organize and manage a lot of data and their relationships. There are limitless amounts of uses you could use this app for. I’ve had it sitting on my system for a long while before actually poking around with it the other day with the latest update and can’t believe I never totally grasped what it was able to truly do.
One star deducted for sketch iCloud syncing, however that’s not the developers fault as iCloud sync is a pile of Apple garbage. Just make sure you close your other devices instances when working with your diagrams so you don’t have it overwritten by an other device.
I still have a lot to learn, but will be using this daily in my workflow / project management.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.