--- Hear about Here ---
• Inside Outside Battery is an interactive adventure in sound: an innovative way to discover the unique Battery area on the popular North Head walking trail in St. John's, Newfoundland.
• While your eyes see an outside landscape of laneways and cliffside houses, your ears will hear the inside stories: told to you by artists, writers, storytellers and the people who live there. The app triggers audio by GPS-location, and covers the area from the beginning of Battery Road to Signal Hill National Historic Park.
• Using the app is simple: just plug in your earphones and start walking. More than 30 stories will whisper in your ear all the way from Battery Road to the North Head Trail, playing automatically as you pass through each location.
--- Hear the secret world of the Battery, including: ---
• Best-selling novelist Lisa Moore with a new short story set on the Battery
• Governor-General's Award-winning poets Don McKay and Michel Savard celebrating quirky neighbours and even quirkier geology.
• Painter Jean-Claude Roy inviting you to see the Battery through an artist's eyes.
• Residents sharing local stories, from fishing to falling overboard and finding a leprechaun's treasure.
• Storyteller Dale Jarvis with a secret (very secret) ghost story.
• Naval historian Gary Green describing the harbour's pivotal role in the World War Two "Battle of the Atlantic"
--- Produced by the multi-award-winning Battery Radio. ---
• Our audio productions have won over 40 honours including the international Prix Italia and Peabody awards
• Supported by the Canada Council, Newfoundland & Labrador Arts Council, City of St. John's, Newfoundland & Labrador Department of Tourism, Culture & Recreation.
• Please note: This app is for use on location in the Battery area of St. John's, NL, Canada only
- Chris Brookes
- 100.6 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, German
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2018 Chris Brookes
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.