* Apps of the Year Winner - TIME magazine *
* Happiest App in the World - Tristan Harris *
The #1 free meditation app. Join millions learning to meditate on Insight Timer to help calm the mind, reduce anxiety, manage stress, sleep deeply and improve happiness. Guided meditations and talks led by the world’s top mindfulness experts, neuroscientists, psychologists and meditation teachers from Stanford, Harvard, Dartmouth and the University of Oxford. Music tracks from world-renowned artists.
With 10+ new free guided meditations added daily, more meditation is practiced on Insight Timer than anywhere else. Great for both beginners and experienced practitioners.
* Thousands of guided meditations
* Select by time for short meditations when on the go, helping you to build a simple daily habit
* Thousands of music tracks and ambient sounds to calm the mind, focus, sleep better and relax
* The world's most popular meditation Timer
* Follow your favourite teachers
* Thousands of discussion groups and community features
* Stats and milestones for tracking your progress
* Integration with Apple Health Mindful Minutes
Browse and follow popular topics including:
* Sleep deeply right now
* Improve sleep quality
* Dealing with Anxiety and Reducing Stress
* Getting through Recovery and Addictions
* Self-love and Compassion
* Focus and Concentration
* Better Relationships
* Meditation for Kids
* Mindful Eating
* And much more..
Join leading meditation teachers and musicians including:
* Tara Brach, Ph.D, founder of Insight Meditation Community of Washington
* Mark Williams, Emeritus Professor at Oxford University
* Jack Kornfield, Dartmouth, co-founder of the Insight Meditation Society alongside fellow Insight Timer teachers Sharon Salzberg, and Joseph Goldstein of Columbia
* Sam Harris, Stanford; author, philosopher, neuroscientist, and podcast host
* Gil Fronsdal, Ph.D. at Stanford University
* Ram Das aka Dr Richard Alpert, Doctorate at Stanford and Harvard University teacher
* Sadhguru, Indian yogi, founder of non-profit Isha Foundation
* Mooji, disciple of Papaji, and devotee of the master Ramana Maharshi
* Moby, international recording artist, DJ, record producer, singer, songwriter
* As well as Sarah Blondin, Mary Maddux, Ajahn Achalo, Melissa Ambrosini, Bodhipaksa, Jonathan Lehmann, Jennifer Piercy, Bethany Auriel-Hagan, Kate James and many more..
Practice the following meditation types:
* Secular Mindfulness
* Buddhist Mindfulness
* Insight Meditation
* Walking Meditation
* Breathing Meditation
* Kundalini Yoga
* Advaita Vedanta
* And many more..
Join community groups for:
* Transcendental Meditation
* And many more..
PAID FEATURE - INSIGHT PREMIUM MEDITATION
We have one optional in-app subscription.
* Listen offline (download guided meditations to your device)
* Repeat mode
* Fast forward and Rewind
* Pick-up where you left off
* High Quality audio
The subscription is available monthly for US$4.99/month, or annually for US$35.99/year. Payment will be charged through your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase, and will automatically renew at the end of each term unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings, but refunds will not be provided for unused portions of the term. Prices and currency will vary by location. The subscription will renew at the same cost.
If you have any questions please send an email email@example.com (not .com).
Terms and Conditions - https://insighttimer.com/terms
We're excited to be launching our next 6 Insight Courses! Please welcome...
Cultivating the Boundless Qualities of the Heart
Managing Depression with Mindfulness
Overcome Obsessive Thinking
NIC & SAM, ALUNA MOON
Master True Self-Esteem in 10 Days
Letting Go of Attachment
Manage Modern Life With Yoga Nidra
Ratings and Reviews
Life Changer ~ Highly Recommend!
I am so glad I ran across this app last year! I never thought I would say that an app has had an impact on my life, but this one certainly has -a very positive impact! For many years, I wanted to get into mediation- I knew the benefits. However, I had a difficult time getting my mind to slow down enough to concentrate on being “present in the moment”, I was, instead, thinking of what all was on my To Do list for the day or week! I also never felt like I had time to meditate. Now, I’ve learned to incorporate meditation into my day - often twice a day. It’s actually something that I truly look forward to, NOT a chore. You can tailor this app to see or suggest only specific categories of guided meditations that interest you. Or if you are on you break at work or perhaps, you are finally getting a breather when the baby is napping but you are short on time, you can search for meditations that are 1 minute, 2 minutes, 5 minutes... the possibilities are endless. And yes, even a couple minutes (if that’s all you can spare) can be just what you needed some days-it CAN make a difference. This site has some extraordinary teachers as well as members. It is truly beautiful to see so many people from all over the world sharing positive energy and uplifting stories. I highly recommend trying out this app! Peace✌🏽☮️, ❤️ Love, & 🤗 Hugs! 🧘🏻♀️ 🙏🏿 Namaste 🙏🏽 🧘🏽♀️
What a resource!!
I initially downloaded this app for the timer - a nice variety of authentic sounding bowls, blocks, and chimes. Fast forward four years and I'm continually blown away by the incredible amount and quality of the guided meditation content now available here! All for free!! With new recordings arriving each day, there's everything from basic breath work and mindfulness practices, to creative visualization and hypnotherapy, Yoga Nidra, meditations on specific topics (I've noticed everything from improving your ball game to having a healthy pregnancy!), children's meditations, meditations in a variety of foreign languages, music, and spiritual talks. While most of the offerings seem to be pretty secular, there are some which might appeal more specifically to people with backgrounds in Buddhism, Hinduism, Christianity, Islam, Judaism, and probably other religions as well. There's everything from world renown spiritual leaders to up and coming teachers from around the world. I've found some real gems here and have bookmarked many more than I'll probably ever get to as I keep coming back to some favorites. I haven't gotten into the social aspect of this app, but that is also there for people who want that. I do enjoy seeing the charts of my practice over time and feel more centered and able to cope with life as I enjoy realizing the personal goals I've set. Thank you!!
The BEST meditation app there is!
I've been through quite a few meditation apps, but Insight Timer is by far the best and the one I've been using consistently for months now and plan to continue using. Unlike other apps that only feature their own meditations or require you to pay to access all of them, Insight Timer allows users to upload their own meditations and there is an enormous catalog with more added each day. Also, you can choose from the amount of time to the category of meditation you want and see/leave ratings and reviews on anything. As if this weren't great enough, it also has the best meditation timer I've seen in any app. Set any amount of time or infinite time, add the bell of your choice from one to three times, beginning and/or end and/or intervals. AND beyond these wonderful things, it offers groups to enter for support or kind messages, and it logs your progress! It's so great to be able to see how many days consecutively you've meditated and for me this is a huge motivator not to miss a day. It's also interesting to see your days and weeks compared and how much time total you've spent on the timer vs guided meditations. Recommend this app to anyone and everyone who enjoys being relaxed and grounded!(I.e. Every human being)
- Insight Network Inc
- 121.6 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Insight Network, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Insight Premium Meditation $4.99
- Meditation Course: Single Use $4.99
- Insight Premium Meditation $35.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.