Insight Timer for iPad - Meditation Timer
By Insight Network Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
INSIGHT TIMER - MEDITATION APP
Insight Timer is the most popular free meditation app with over 1.1 million meditators and thousands of 5 star reviews. We have 2,700 free guided meditations ranging from mindfulness and anxiety to sleep disorders and stress. We also have guided meditations from 750 different meditation teachers. Our 12 free meditation playlists include morning meditations, meditation music, and meditation podcasts.
With beautiful Tibetan singing bowls and a dynamic worldwide community, Insight Timer is the fun and connected way to support your meditation practice. If you're new to meditation you'll find more than 3,000 free guided meditations and a supportive community to get started. If you're an experienced meditator you'll feel right at home with our beautiful Tibetan singing bowls and guided meditations by experienced teachers that you know and respect.
The app includes:
- The most popular free meditation Timer on the App Store
- 8 deeply peaceful bells recorded with the highest quality digital audio equipment making them crystal clear with extra long fade outs.
- Mesmerizing Ambient sounds which play in the background for a more relaxing meditation session
- 2,700 guided meditations from 750 of your favourite teachers including Eckhart Tolle, Pak Merta Ada, Thich Nhat Hanh, Tara Brach, Jack Kornfield and many more.
- 1,000+ discussion groups ranging from Buddhism to Sleeping patterns and Rumi poems to Addiction.
- 2,000+ local meet-up groups for connecting with people locally and enhancing your meditation practice
- 8 different activities including Meditation, Yoga, Tai Chi, Walking, Breathing, Chanting, Prayer, and Healing
- Stats, Milestones, and Journal entries
* * * * * * * * * *
- You'll love our bells! Recorded with the highest quality digital audio equipment, these bell samples are amazing. Crystal clear with extra long fade outs. They sound great with the built-in speaker, but to get the full effect, try using headphones or external speakers.
- Choose from eight different bells of varying size and metal compositions - from bright and clean to deep and complex with lovely overtones. A wood block sound is also included.
- Bells can be configured to ring at the start, the end, and at specified (or random) times during your session. Each bell can be set to ring once, twice or three times. The delay between strikes is configurable from 1 to 20 seconds.
- Powerful logging and statistics features allow you to track your progress over time. Multiple charts, a complete session log and helpful statistics give you a complete picture of how your practice is evolving.
- Presets allow you to save an unlimited number of configurations and assign names to them. If you have multiple meditation routines (such as Morning and Evening), this makes it easy to switch between them without any configuration changes.
- Milestones are awarded for significant achievements as your practice progresses.
- Meditation Journal: You may enter notes about each session when the timer ends - a practice that many people find to be helpful and therapeutic. Your journal entries can be exported via an email attachment.
- Bells will ring even when the device is locked so you can turn off the screen to save power and eliminate ambient light.
- Optionally vibrate with or instead of bells.
- Bells will ring even if silent switch is on.
What's New in Version 8.1.7
- We hear you! Now the app has a Dark launch screen.
- Basic editing for profile photo - resize, crop, rotate.
- Option to hide "Just meditated with" screen that appears after your Timer or Guided sessions.
- Auto-locking device when no interactions happen after your session is over.
IMPORTANT: Dear customer, please be advised that starting from version 8.1.4 it is now required to open a free account.
** app does not collect any personal or financial information.
To open a free account required information is - email, password, and first name. Simple account enables additional features like synchronisation of presets between devices (iPhone, Android, iPad) and backup of journal, participation in discussion groups, access to free guided meditations library and many more.
Best meditation timer out there
I've been using Insight Timer for years, and it has only gotten better and better with age. The recent updates have been phenomenal. There is a lot of focus right now on building out the social aspect of the timer, but one can skip that entire aspect and use it purely as a timer only. The people complaining here have not bothered at all to check the app settings to minimize the social features almost totally. I guess they would rather be ignorant and complain! I'm not overly fond of the social media focus either, but once I adjusted a few settings, all was well and now I can ignore that aspect completely, or engage as much or as little as I wish. Some of the groups are extremely helpful when wishing to improve one's practice, and I'm very grateful for that resource. Honoured to be a paying user of Insight Timer. The one wish I have is for the timer NOT to be forced into portrait mode, and I hope they fix that issue. Other than that, it's a brilliant app, highly recommended. Namaste!
I have been able to meditate daily since using this app, after always intending to do so but often forgetting, being sidetracked by other pressing tasks, or feeling too tired to do it. This app makes timing the session a breeze and helps minimize the urge to check the time. Even more helpful is the journal feature which gives one the opportunity to make a few quick notes, or lengthy ones, at the end of each session. Also very helpful is the online community of fellow practitioners who began to reach out when I first used the app, and with whom I have become friendly over time. I also joined several groups via the app, now being a part of several online sanghas for an important sense of community. As a psychotherapist, I often recommend meditation to my clients, and I have recommended the Insight Timer to each of them, as well as mentioning it on my website and in many blog posts.
Still my favorite app
I don't really understand why this app needed updating, but don't agree that the result is terrible. The new app was confusing at first, how to find and get back to those functions which I actually use, but in fact everything was still there, after some extremely anxious moments.
I have used Insight Timer for 5-1/2 years. In fact I really date the beginning of serious practice to having a really good timer. Somehow keeping the log of meditation sessions completed is also useful in making practice regular and automatic. I don't use the social media-type functions, or the guided meditations, much at all, but do sort of enjoy looking to see how many others worldwide are meditating right this minute.
I teach a bit of meditation and always recommend this app to students. I find it indispensable.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Jan 22, 2016
- Version: 8.1.7
- Size: 42.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Insight Network Inc
- © Insight Network Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.