Welcome to Inspiration Maps™, the most intuitive and powerful visual learning app on the iPad. Build beautiful diagrams, graphic organizers and outlines with ease! Getting organized has never been this simple.
What’s the difference between ‘INSPIRATION MAPS™’ and ‘INSPIRATION MAPS VPP’?
‘Inspiration Maps’ allows you to create up to five documents to test the functionality of the app for free before using in-app purchase to upgrade to full, unlimited function. ‘Inspiration Maps VPP’ gives you all the features available in the Inspiration Maps upgrade without having to use in-app purchase to access them. ‘Inspiration Maps VPP’ exists to simplify the process for educators purchasing through Apple’s Volume Purchase Program (VPP) for Education.
With Inspiration Maps, you can...
BUILD DIAGRAMS & OTHER GRAPHIC ORGANIZERS WITH EASE
Create concept maps, cause and effect diagrams, process flows, family trees and more! Getting started couldn’t be easier: Simply double tap a blank space on your canvas to create a new idea symbol. Start from scratch or from one of the many built-in templates in language arts, history, science or thinking & planning!
Harness your own creativity - there’s nothing like using Inspiration Maps’ quick-brainstorming tool RapidFire(R) to capture your ideas as fast as they come to you. Never lose track of a great idea again!
Simply drag and drop to organize and categorize concepts and ideas. Establish connections with links and connecting phrases. Structure is automatically generated for you when you use Arrange or when you view your diagram as an outline.
STRENGTHEN UNDERSTANDING & BUILD RETENTION
Use proven visual thinking and learning techniques to brainstorm ideas, explore and explain relationships, and integrate new knowledge with what you already know. Inspiration Maps encourages deeper, more critical thinking and that improves creativity, comprehension and retention.
WRITE, TAKE NOTES & PLAN
Use visual diagrams or written outlines to take notes and add details. Inspiration Maps turns static outlines into dynamic, rich writing structures. Expand on your work in Diagram View or Outline View, then export to a writing app to complete your projects.
PERSONALIZE & BEAUTIFY
Your diagrams and outlines are entirely customizable - change background colors, line colors, link styles, fonts, and more! Add graphics from the built-in symbol library, the internet, or your own camera roll.
- 1500+ searchable graphic library
- Create unlimited diagrams & outlines*
- Record & attach audio
- Diagrams transform to outlines and back again
- Personalize with images, colors, shapes, arrow styles, and backgrounds
- Refine layout with align, nudge, spacing controls or auto-arrange
- Use images from the web or the iPad camera
- Attach notes to any item
- Add hyperlinks
- Diagrams save instantly
- Built-in templates supporting subjects across the curriculum
- Add written or audio instructions to any document
- Import & export documents between Inspiration Maps & Inspiration 9.2 for PC/Mac*
- Share files with other apps on your iPad*
- Share files with other iPads via Dropbox, AirDrop or iTunes*
- Additional templates available in French, Spanish & UK English
- Localized in French, Spanish & UK English
*Feature available upon purchase of Inspiration Maps VPP. In Inspiration Maps, features is available after using in-app purchase to upgrade to full function.
VOLUME PURCHASE PROGRAM (VPP) FOR EDUCATION
To receive the discount available to buyers purchasing 20 apps or more through Apple’s Volume Purchase Program for Education, purchase ‘Inspiration Maps VPP’ (NOT ‘Inspiration Maps’).
OTHERS ARE SAYING
“Easy and fun to use. Highly recommended for students and teachers.” - Toni Krasnic, edShelf
** 2013 CODiE Finalist ** **2012 Tech&Learning Award of Excellence Winner**
Enhance your thinking with a new kind of diagram
- Venn Diagrams: Create 2 and 3-circle Venn diagrams to show all possible relationships between up to three sets of items.
Brainstorm seamlessly using your external keyboard
- Keyboard shortcuts: Take advantage of 30+ new keyboard shortcuts to avoid interrupting your flow to touch your screen. See a complete list of shortcuts in the Help.
Add emphasis to your words with additional styling
- Selective styling: You can now make style changes to whatever text you have selected! No more being confined to one font, color, or size per topic.
Minor functionality updates:
- Added “Split Topic” option in Outline view
- Added “Select All” option in Outline view
- The Help system is now easier to use
- iPhoneX support
- Export to Google Drive is now working properly
- Improved auto-save to prevent data loss
- Other usability and user interface bugs fixed
Ratings and Reviews
So far, so great!
I’ve only been using this app for a day now, but I’ve used Inspiration on my Mac for a loooong time, where it’s my go-to outlining and brainstorming app. The iPad version is really proving to be quite lovely in lots of subtle ways. I don’t use the pre-fab pictures and such, just plain shapes with text in them for my diagramming. These work great! The gestures for resizing and moving things around are simple and intuitive. Adding child nodes and notes is also easy and obvious. I like the look of the diagrams and their flexibility for hiding and showing branches, for connecting things, for changing shapes after the fact, and exporting my diagrams. I would like a bit more flexibility in assigning colors (choosing more than the pre-fab colors), but that’s a really minor nitpick. I’m very happy with my Inspiration. Long may you reign!
Last decade application - don't buy
I was using inspiration desktop app for more then 5 years. It was simple use.
Recently I bought an iPad pro. Downloaded the trail version, it was very limited. I needed to be able use my desktop version of maps in iPad and vice versa.
The description says you should be able to sync with desktop version.
To take the advantage of cloud sync i just purchased the full version.
As soon as bought the full version, i realize it was a lie. There is no way to open or sync with desktop version.
Only thing it allow is to import and export a desktop version, then you will have to save it in your platform version. The process is very cumbersome and distorts the fonts and structures. (This is how the cloud sync used to work in last decade, not in 2016).
This is the worst utilization of my money to buy an iOS app. I wish i can get my money back.
Please don't wast you money to buy this app, if you need to work on the same file using desktop and iPad.
There are better alternative available out there.
Even unupgraded this is great!
Most of the time, if you can buy an upgrade in the app, the app can barley do anything, and it's super infuriating, especially since they just pretend it's free but it really isn't because it doesn't do anything unless you pay. But this does so much, and it's so helpful and easy to use. I wonder what it can do upgraded. Probably even more amazing.
- Inspiration Software
- 198.3 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Inspiration Software, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Full Function $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.