Instagram is a simple way to capture and share the world’s moments. Follow your friends and family to see what they’re up to, and discover accounts from all over the world that are sharing things you love. Join the community of over 1 billion people and express yourself by sharing all the moments of your day — the highlights and everything in between, too.
Use Instagram to:
* Post photos and videos you want to keep on your profile grid. Edit them with filters and creative tools and combine multiple clips into one video.
* Browse photos and videos from people you follow in your feed. Interact with posts you care about with likes and comments.
* Share multiple photos and videos (as many as you want!) to your story. Bring them to life with text, drawing tools and other creative effects. . They disappear after 24 hours and won’t appear on your profile grid or in feed.
* Go live to connect with your friends in the moment. Try going live with a friend and sharing a replay to your story when you’re done.
* Message your friends privately in Direct. Send them photos and videos that disappear and share content you see on Instagram.
* Watch stories and live videos from the people you follow in a bar at the top of your feed.
* Discover photos, videos and stories you might like and follow new accounts on the Explore tab.
Introducing GIFs in Instagram Direct
Tap the new GIF button in your Direct messages to search for the perfect GIF or tap “random” to add an element of surprise. Now you can message your friends in even more expressive ways.
Ratings and Reviews
In the great big crowd of social media apps, Instagram continues to stand out for a reason: it makes sharing moments with everyone in your world easy, speedy, and fun. Whether you’re posting breathtaking vacation photos tweaked with one of dozens of cool image filters or a video clip of an insane concert, Instagram’s uncluttered accessibility has kept it at the top of the social-sharing heap.
Something ain’t right
You can follow 7000 people but you only see post from about 20 people and you have to really struggle to get it to show you anybody else’s post you have to physically go to their pages. I’m pretty sure it hides things from you it chooses who wants you to see you would think it would be in the order of people‘s post but it’s not. You can refresh the screen and it will show post from 10 hours ago when you know for a fact people just post. I really don’t like Instagram it seems like there’s other social media sites for use in other countries that work much better. I’m very serious about this it’s a daily struggle to see people’s post that I follow. It literally shows me the same people‘s post over and over and over again to where I have to on follow these people because I don’t want to see their post I want to see post from people Posting post. There’s something seriously wrong with Instagram and unfortunately my whole business wraps around promoting myself on Instagram. I really hope Instagram can read this message and help me see everyone’s post in the order that they’re posted. One thing I’ve learned is to never like or comment on a person‘s post because an Instagram will only show with their post and that’s a bad thing especially if you want to see everyone’s. So pretty much Instagram has made them selves to where you can’t use it how you’re supposed to because of how it works.
Please improve your app
Stop adding new features all the time and instead fix bugs that have been lying around for months. I like using Instagram and not too long ago I created a second account for my art. After Instagram polls were introduced I found I could only use the poll feature on my art account and vote on them on that account. I thought the problem was fixed when I was able to use the poll feature on my main but now it’s stopped working on my art account. Why is it going back and forth? It should work on both. Please fix this.
I also HATE that posts are not in chronological order. Not one of your users likes the way the posts appear on their feed. I hate seeing a post from 4 days ago before seeing someone that was posted an hour ago. And because of this my posts aren’t seen by all my followers and I get less interaction on each post. Why hasn’t the feed been switched back to chronological order at this point after so many complains?? And now the comments on each post aren’t in chronological order? The people that decides the changes that are made on new updates must be bored out of their minds at this point. I like chronological order for posts and comments because it makes sense and is easy to look at. If nothing else, at least explain how the algorithm works so your users know how to use the app efficiently. Everyone who uses Instagram would be very satisfied if the algorithm was changed to the original one.
- Instagram, Inc.
- 153.9 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2015 Instagram, LLC.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.