Instagram is a simple way to capture and share the world’s moments. Follow your friends and family to see what they’re up to, and discover accounts from all over the world that are sharing things you love. Join the community of over 1 billion people and express yourself by sharing all the moments of your day — the highlights and everything in between, too.
Use Instagram to:
* Post photos and videos you want to keep on your profile grid. Edit them with filters and creative tools and combine multiple clips into one video.
* Browse photos and videos from people you follow in your feed. Interact with posts you care about with likes and comments.
* Share multiple photos and videos (as many as you want!) to your story. Bring them to life with text, drawing tools and other creative effects. . They disappear after 24 hours and won’t appear on your profile grid or in feed.
* Go live to connect with your friends in the moment. Try going live with a friend and sharing a replay to your story when you’re done.
* Message your friends privately in Direct. Send them photos and videos that disappear and share content you see on Instagram.
* Watch stories and live videos from the people you follow in a bar at the top of your feed.
* Discover photos, videos and stories you might like and follow new accounts on the Explore tab.
The latest version contains bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
In the great big crowd of social media apps, Instagram continues to stand out for a reason: it makes sharing moments with everyone in your world easy, speedy, and fun. Whether you’re posting breathtaking vacation photos tweaked with one of dozens of cool image filters or a video clip of an insane concert, Instagram’s uncluttered accessibility has kept it at the top of the social-sharing heap.
Annoying Bugs and Glitches
I love Instagram a lot. As a content creator (I make video edits), it’s the best platform to share my content as well as talk with friends and share other things with my friends. But lately, I, as well as some of my friends, have been experiencing rather annoying bugs. In some DM chats I have, pictures and videos that I have sent have been showing up at the beginning of the chat and I am unable to make them go away. I’ve tried everything I can think of; I’ve deleted the pictures and videos from when I sent them (they went away, but came back shortly), I’ve deleted the chat and restarted with that person, I’ve logged out of my account, and I’ve even deleted Instagram and reinstalled. It’s quite annoying to have numerous pictures and videos at the beginning of my chats. Another thing I’ve noticed is that sometimes when I post a video, is freezes at certain spots, and that’s also annoying, since videos are my content and it’s hard to share your content with the world if the video is freezing in the middle. Overall, I really do love Instagram, even though I do have several complaints about it right now (as well as I’m still a bit upset since my account was deleted in November 2017 and I had to restart completely, that was annoying and uncalled for, as I did nothing to violent any terms). But please try to fix these two things, Instagram! I, as well as many others, would really appreciate it!
the same as the other 3million reviews.
Instagram, please listen to your users. I have had and been loyal to instagram for over 4 years now. Heck, I was here when instagram was still blue and brown. instagram used to be a great app. Please stop changing the algorithm to benefit advertisers. Also, the new explore page algorithm is incredibly hard to navigate and does not change to fit my taste. I have spent hours being active on accounts I like and selecting “don’t show me more like this” and have seen absolutely no change in my explore page. On top of that, explore is now way more clustered than before. As a creator on the app I understand how crucial algorithm is and do not appreciate being shoved to the bottom of my followers feeds under all the advertisements. I have also noticed an alarming amount of the advertisements I see are scams. The fact that turning on post notifications is practically necessary to keep updated on my favorite accounts is ridiculous and is killing traffic to many accounts causing them to die out. This means less users on your app. Even if not directly affected, when users have a hard time navigating the app they are bound to be less active. The app is becoming more and more like facebook. I have started to use instagram less and less for the reasons I no longer use facebook. I am just one of thousands of reviews all saying similar things. Please make changes if you care about your users and user experience.
- Instagram, Inc.
- 161.2 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2018 Instagram, LLC.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.