By Instagram, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Instagram is a simple way to capture and share the world's moments. Transform your everyday photos and videos into works of art and share them with your family and friends.
See the world through somebody else's eyes by following not only the people you know, but inspirational Instagrammers, photographers, athletes, celebrities and fashion icons. Every time you open Instagram, you'll see new photos and videos from your closest friends, plus breathtaking moments shared by creative people across the globe.
Over 400 million people use Instagram to:
* Edit photos and videos with free, custom-designed filters.
* Improve photos with 10 advanced creative tools to change brightness, contrast and saturation as well as shadows, highlights and perspective.
* Find people to follow based on the accounts and photos they already love.
* Make videos look cinematic with Instagram's custom-built stabilization.
* Instantly share photos and videos on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and other social networks.
* Connect with Instagrammers all over the world and keep up with their photos and videos.
* Send private photo and video messages directly to friends.
* Use Handoff to switch between your Apple Watch and your iPhone
What's New in Version 7.15
We've added features to make interacting with Instagram quicker and easier as well as support for 3D Touch on iPhone 6s.
- When looking at posts in grid view in Search & Explore or on a profile, you can tap and hold (or 3D Touch from iPhone 6s) a post to expand it.
- From Feed, you can 3D Touch a profile or hashtag to see a preview of recent posts. Once you've opened a preview or expanded post, you'll have access to more options, like sending a hashtag as a message or liking a post.
- You can also access shortcuts from your phone's home screen. To find the shortcuts menu, 3D Touch the Instagram app icon, and select an option to jump straight to things within Instagram, like creating a new post or viewing your Direct messages.
Animal torture for entertainment allowed
Okay, let me first say that I really do love posting pictures and communicating through this app because of the lovely people that I have met, but I am giving it 1 star because of the despicable and grotesque videos and photographs that Instagram allows, and therefore promotes. Their community guidelines state that violent images are not allowed and will be removed, but upon thousands of reports from users against videos/images depicting tortured animals, cannibalism, mutilated dead bodies (with AFFIRMING descriptions as if it is pleasurable) and even a baby being run over by a car, Instagram has failed to remove such videos and images. These are not posted to "raise awareness," but accounts that promote violence for pleasure and entertainment. This has made me feel physically ill and violates my conscience to use this app knowing that the creators allow such behavior to continue. So I urge Instagram to stop promoting animal and human abuse in ALL forms. They should remove any form of violent torture (whether it results in death or not) and forward these images and videos to the proper authorities, or Instagram is promoting criminal psychopathic behaviors. Please for the love of life and humanity, stop this grievous behavior!
One feature that would greatly improve Instagram is a new area under the "Photos I'm Tagged In" section that would show the account owner all of the photos that they have been tagged in (even if they are not visible to others). This feature would be convenient because the user could see all of the photos that they are tagged in, even if they have hidden them off of their profile. Being able to see every photo they're tagged in, the user can select the photos that they desire to be visible to their followers. This new feature would eliminate the user having to search for the photos they're tagged in that they have hidden from their profile. This is how Instagram could be more useful and convenient to all users.
First off, I held out on downloading Instagram. I already have a couple other social media accounts- well anyways, I decided after 5 years to finally get it. And all was well for a bit... I could look at pictures, like them, comment on my friends' pictures, buuut then today happened... And let me express my GENUINE disappointment right here.... I follow a lot of sports pages. I commented on one or two, okay it was working. I go to ONE page, and try to comment "trash" and my comment is blocked. Thinking nothing of it, I go to another page and comment "hello" and guess what? ALSO BLOCKED. So Instagram has this little mock-tell is your problem thing that honestly solves nothing. I've attempted to contact them, and nothing happens. I can't even have a conversation with other sports fans. Instagram is honestly nothing compared to Twitter. The commenting system is broken, and it seems absolutely ridiculous to block comments to "protect the community" or whatever that means.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Feb 02, 2016
- Version: 7.15
- Size: 24.4 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Instagram, Inc.
- © 2015 Instagram, LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.