By Instagram, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Instagram is a simple way to capture and share the world’s moments. Follow your friends and family to see what they’re up to, and discover accounts from all over the world that are sharing things you love. Join the community of over 500 million people and express yourself by sharing all the moments of your day––the highlights and everything in between, too.
Use Instagram to:
* Post photos and videos you want to keep on your profile grid. Edit them with filters and creative tools and combine multiple clips into one video.
* Share multiple photos and videos (as many as you want!) to your story. Bring them to life with text and drawing tools. They disappear after 24 hours and won't appear on your profile grid or in feed.
* Go live to connect with your friends and followers right now. When you're done, live stories disappear.
* Send disappearing photos and videos, text messages and posts from your feed to groups and friends with Instagram Direct.
* Watch stories and live videos from the people you follow in a bar at the top of your feed.
* Discover stories, photos and videos you might like and follow new accounts on the Explore tab.
* Enable Handoff to switch between your Apple Watch and your iPhone.
What's New in Version 10.9
New: You can share up to 10 photos and videos in one post on Instagram.
* When uploading to your feed, you’ll see a new icon to select multiple photos and videos.
* Tap and hold to change the order.
* Apply a filter to everything at once or edit one by one.
* In feed, swipe through to see them all.
This feature will be rolling out globally over the next few weeks.
I love Instagram. I use it everyday. However, all of these updates in your attempts to "improve" the app are actually making it increasingly unbearable (and it appears I'm not the only one). First of all, the fact that I can no longer see who has liked my posts is ridiculous. How am I supposed to know who is actively following me if I can't see everyone who is liking my posts? I don't understand why that would even be something you'd allow. If 500 people like my post, I should be able to see ALL 500 people who liked my post. Even if it's 1000 likes, I want to know who's liking my pics and should be able to see that. It's UTTERLY ridiculous that I cannot. Secondly, the pictures should post on my feed in chronological order. I don't need IG telling me what I want to see and how often I want to see it. I know what I want to see, and it's all of those I follow - not just the handful of my friends (and your ads) you continue to post on my timeline. I'm not certain if all these "updates" were because you thought they would make the app better or if you guys just plain and simply dropped the ball. Either way, PLEASE stop trying to over-complicate things, and just give the people what it is that made them fall in love with the app in the first place: sharing their pics with all their followers, seeing ALL the posts their followers share, and actually knowing who all has liked your pics ... please and thank you.
If You Happen To Be Looking For An Alternative For Facebook or Twitter, This Is It!
I've had Instagram for a while now, and to be honest with you it's actually very cool. Instagram is Facebook for beginners, simple as that. You can view and like pictures, leave comments on other people's posts, post pictures and/or videos, and stuff like that. The reason I would rate it a 4 out of 5 is for a few reasons. For one thing, you need to give your Instagram mobile app access to your camera roll half the time for recording videos which can be a problem if you don't have much space for pictures and for some reason, my comments on other people's posts get blocked for no reason at all. I'm not sure why that is, but you should keep that in mind. Don't forget that I currently own the app, so you're looking at a review from an actual user. Overall, it's the same thing as Facebook and Twitter, just slightly different. What you decide to post is completely up to you (obviously) [although I'd recommend not posting anything ridiculous].
BTW, I think the new 'Select Multiple' feature is going to really come in handy. The only problem I have with it is that I can't save those particular posts in drafts so I can post them later on.
Worse and worse with every update!
Why don't you listen to your users and respect our feedback?
The way you started to display Likes count absolutely does not make sense! Instead of a simple number of likes (1000 likes) there is a long long sentence that takes two lines on the screen saying "liked by this and that and 998 others" why would I care for two out of hundreds of friends who liked a photo? It does not help at all and it does not even look nice!
And now with the new update, what I would like to see, disappeared! Now I cannot see the list of people who actually liked a photo! Instead of the full list in a chronological order I see some randomized percentage of the ones who liked it? Who came up with that useless idea and why was it considered good and was approved?
Another annoying innovation is that now I do not receive notifications as they come! They again randomly pop up on the screen, most of them two or three hours later! What the hell did you, guys, do? Why do you change something that works great to the worse? So frustrated!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Feb 21, 2017
- Version: 10.9
- Size: 80.3 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Instagram, Inc.
- © 2015 Instagram, LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.