By Instagram, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Instagram is a simple way to capture and share the world’s moments. Follow your friends and family to see what they’re up to, and discover accounts from all over the world that are sharing things you love. Join the community of over 500 million people and express yourself by sharing all the moments of your day––the highlights and everything in between, too.
Use Instagram to:
* Post photos and videos you want to keep on your profile grid. Edit them with filters and creative tools and combine multiple clips into one video.
* Share multiple photos and videos (as many as you want!) to your story. Bring them to life with text and drawing tools. They disappear after 24 hours and won't appear on your profile grid or in feed.
* Go live to connect with your friends and followers right now. When you're done, live stories disappear.
* Send disappearing photos and videos, text messages and posts from your feed to groups and friends with Instagram Direct.
* Watch stories and live videos from the people you follow in a bar at the top of your feed.
* Discover stories, photos and videos you might like and follow new accounts on the Explore tab.
* Enable Handoff to switch between your Apple Watch and your iPhone.
What's New in Version 15.0
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Gotten better, but there’s still some annoyances.
We all know that Instagram is a great app...or it used to be. Changing the order of how posts show up on a user's profile has not only hurt content creators, it's forced users to physically visit a page or set up notifications for us to like our favorite blogger/photographer/whomever's content. It's frustrating. I am also growing tired of sponsored ads from shady companies (who have been stealing photos and videos from the original owners) about products and services I have no interest in, and it clogs up my feed. Instagram 'Stories' are a problem as well because 1) it's a blatant copy of Snapchat, and 2) it tracks your location (which I have no idea how it came about doing since I have Location Services for Instagram turned OFF). I am not pleased with how this once great app has now been destroyed. Listen to your users and get it together.
Updated: I’m happy to be seeing more content from other Instagrammers I follow instead of the same ones and then a ton of ads. The ad amount has decreased on my end, and now I have the ability to make them disappear if I don’t wish to see them. The only thing that is ruining my Instagram experience (besides the other issues I listed in my first review) is the autoplay of videos regarding sound. When I tap a video I want to really watch, either I have to tap the sound off after I finish or have loud audio frighten me as I’m scrolling through posts. Please give me back my option to choose.
Instagram is great, I have had it for roughly 3 years. I have definitely seen so much improvement within the app and community itself. Quite honestly I don't think that the newest feed date thingy was a good idea. I accidentally like post that were from days ago and I kinda want to see new stuff. I don't like looking like a stalker lol. I don't get as many likes as I used to either, sense people are seeing it DAYS later. My account also doesn't get discovered easily either. I get there is post notifications but Instagram was fine. Can we also see a thing where it shows the activity on our page or who unfollows us? I would love to see me, and other peoples great ideas spark imagination for making this app better. Instagram should involve the community for ideas for the app instead of coping snapchat.
Have a good day-🐢
New advertisement is a NO
I HATE the new ads. Like we don't see enough of people promoting their crap throughout our everyday lives. Instagram was supposed to be the one place just to see friends and family, and finding mutual friends or pages with common interests- just to see their pictures and videos on what's going on in their lives! I don't want to see advertising for your new apps I'm never gonna use, or business on the other side of the world or whatever!!! I don't care about that. If there was like 2 ads every 500 pictures your scroll through that might would be more acceptable. But it's like every five pictures there's another add and it's annoying!! It's completely taking away from the simplicity of Instagram. So please, instead of making everyone suffer through all the stupid things they want to promote, at least making an option to turn off ALL of the advertisement so that we all don't have to see it!! Because otherwise I'm just gonna have to delete Instagram like I did Facebook...
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Sep 19, 2017
- Version: 15.0
- Size: 126 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Instagram, Inc.
- © 2015 Instagram, LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.