By Instagram, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Instagram is a simple way to capture and share the world’s moments. Follow your friends and family to see what they’re up to, and discover accounts from all over the world that are sharing things you love. Join the community of over 500 million people and express yourself by sharing all the moments of your day––the highlights and everything in between, too.
Use Instagram to:
* Post photos and videos you want to keep on your profile grid. Edit them with filters and creative tools and combine multiple clips into one video.
* Share multiple photos and videos (as many as you want!) to your story. Bring them to life with text and drawing tools. They disappear after 24 hours and won't appear on your profile grid or in feed.
* Go live to connect with your friends and followers right now. When you're done, live stories disappear.
* Send disappearing photos and videos, text messages and posts from your feed to groups and friends with Instagram Direct.
* Watch stories and live videos from the people you follow in a bar at the top of your feed.
* Discover stories, photos and videos you might like and follow new accounts on the Explore tab.
* Enable Handoff to switch between your Apple Watch and your iPhone.
What's New in Version 28.0
We're introducing the ability to follow hashtags, giving you new ways to discover photos, videos and people on Instagram.
- When you find a hashtag you like, open the hashtag page and tap on the follow button.
- You'll begin seeing top posts from that hashtag in your feed and some of the latest stories in your stories bar.
Great for socially sharing pictures
In case you didn’t know, Instagram does its job very well, and that job is being a forum for people to share pictures and stories.
This happens two ways that I’ve explored, and each way functions smoothly. You can observe the pictures and text posted by other people. If you especially like it, you ‘follow’ that account for notifications of when they post again. Also, you are in turn a poster able to take photos within the Instagram app or retrieve photos from elsewhere on your device. So, duh so far.
Additionally, I think the app restricts the ability to zoom into photos. I appreciate this because nobody I care about on here is professional and the size of picture works just fine. Instead, the ~1.5” square size emphasizes the brevity of a social media feed.
Fix it please!
I’ve been using Instagram for quite a while and recently I have come upon an issue I dug into research, and found that this was a common issue. Recently I’m my instagram app when I would try to log in it’ll give me an error message saying “ sorry we can’t process your request” I’ve done this several times. I looked up and saw that some said it may be a problem with the internet I even turned off my WI-FI, and switched to my LTE data and it still didn’t do anything this is a common issue and some say that it’s a bug and I would very much do like for this to be fixed because I love the Instagram app but this problem is bad, also it works on Safari I can log in there but the app doesn’t work please fix it soon instagram.
For the past month or so, IG has been running more slowly. It takes longer to go through an account with 200 posts, and the earliest photos on my account with 1,000 posts are pretty much inaccesible. It didn't use to do this, and I would like it to be fixed soon. I'll try to delete stuff off of my phone to see if that is the issue, but I just wanted to put this out here because so far with the other reviews I've only found people talking about being disappointed with their home feed or whatever. And if this is Apple's fault because I'm on a 6S, they can rot in hell. I'm never going to get an iPhone X, especially if they act like that.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Jan 16, 2018
- Version: 28.0
- Size: 142 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Instagram, Inc.
- © 2015 Instagram, LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.