By Instagram, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Instagram is a simple way to capture and share the world’s moments. Follow your friends and family to see what they’re up to, and discover accounts from all over the world that are sharing things you love. Join the community of over 500 million people and express yourself by sharing all the moments of your day––the highlights and everything in between, too.
Use Instagram to:
* Post photos and videos you want to keep on your profile grid. Edit them with filters and creative tools and combine multiple clips into one video.
* Share multiple photos and videos (as many as you want!) to your story. Bring them to life with text and drawing tools. They disappear after 24 hours and won't appear on your profile grid or in feed.
* Go live to connect with your friends and followers right now. When you're done, live stories disappear.
* Send disappearing photos and videos, text messages and posts from your feed to groups and friends with Instagram Direct.
* Watch stories and live videos from the people you follow in a bar at the top of your feed.
* Discover stories, photos and videos you might like and follow new accounts on the Explore tab.
* Enable Handoff to switch between your Apple Watch and your iPhone.
What's New in Version 27.0
We're introducing the ability to follow hashtags, giving you new ways to discover photos, videos and people on Instagram.
- When you find a hashtag you like, open the hashtag page and tap on the follow button.
- You'll begin seeing top posts from that hashtag in your feed and some of the latest stories in your stories bar.
It’s okay, but I have a suggestion
I really use Instagram a lot; everyday. However, there’s a few things that I strongly believe would be very helpful which leads me to my suggestion.
Is it possible for all newsfeeds go back in chronological order? And while you’re not using the app, and people come back on the app, there’s a pop-up that says “what you missed while you were gone” , and then it takes you to another feed that’s not in chronological order. Also, people could go to their settings, and switch the mode on/off to choose whether they want the pop-up or not. I think this way, people could have their original news feed in chronological order and then the “what you missed” feed. The ‘missed’ feed could possibly different ‘labels’ like ‘5 days ago’ ‘3 days ago’ ‘yesterday’ and etc, while leaving the chronological feed dating back to 24 hours ago.
This would allow all instagram posts to stay on the news feed for 24 hours and afterwards moving anything after that to the ‘missed’ feed. With this change, it gets rid of old posts, and keeps the feed fresh. I thought of this idea because I see stuff from days ago, and I feel so lost looking on my news feed, so yea, I hope that helps. Great app.
I’ve used Instagram for quite a few years now. I’ve learned so much on it over the years! It’s a great way to post things and to make very cute and fun accounts!! For people who choose to use Instagram as a way to bully another person or post inappropriate pictures of them or someone else, there are many ways to alert that. You’re able to report a comment or post that someone posted or commented and your aloud to delete comments that somebody else comments on your account. There are a few other things you can do that I think are helpful in a serious situation !! Instagram is such a popular app for all of its great features it has, you can go live and you kick out people on your live that you don’t want one there or that you don’t know so they can’t watch. Instagram also has its own story so you can post thing with cute stickers on them that your friends can see ( you can change who can see your Instagram story if you want. ) anyway I think Instagram is a very cool app- if you don’t have it yet you should totally check it it’s 100% free!
Write your own review tell me what you think of the app so far!!
LET PEOPLE REPORT FOR COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT EVEN IF THEY'RE NOT THE ORIGINAL OWNER. And don't make people fill out a long form just to get their own art taken down from someone who's stolen it or refuses to credit. Contrary to what you may believe, people are not comfortable sharing their personal information with you. YOUR SITE IS THE ONE WITH THE GREATEST ART THEFT PROBLEM. It's in your community guidelines that people can't repost other people's art, but yet people do it all the time without even crediting the original owner! You're doing nothing to help. This is hurting artists everywhere so much and yet you offer no easier solution. This is someone's livelihood and if they're not getting the correct exposure when someone reposts their art, they're missing out on potential clients and followers. It's okay to repost art as long as someone credits the owner. It is not alright, however, if they repost a piece of art with "credit to artist" "credit to owner" "credit:??" "If you know the artist please tell me" or even nothing at all.
The best thing to do would be to make it easier to report people who repost art without credit. Of course, please don't let this affect people who are actually decent and credit artists.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Dec 20, 2017
- Version: 27.0
- Size: 143 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Instagram, Inc.
- © 2015 Instagram, LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.