By Instagram, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Instagram is a simple way to capture and share the world’s moments. Follow your friends and family to see what they’re up to, and discover accounts from all over the world that are sharing things you love. Join the community of over 500 million people and express yourself by sharing all the moments of your day––the highlights and everything in between, too.
Use Instagram to:
* Post photos and videos you want to keep on your profile grid. Edit them with filters and creative tools and combine multiple clips into one video.
* Share multiple photos and videos (as many as you want!) to your story. Bring them to life with text and drawing tools. They disappear after 24 hours and won't appear on your profile grid or in feed.
* Go live to connect with your friends and followers right now. When you're done, live stories disappear.
* Send disappearing photos and videos, text messages and posts from your feed to groups and friends with Instagram Direct.
* Watch stories and live videos from the people you follow in a bar at the top of your feed.
* Discover stories, photos and videos you might like and follow new accounts on the Explore tab.
* Enable Handoff to switch between your Apple Watch and your iPhone.
What's New in Version 10.4.1
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
WORST SOCIAL MEDIA
Okay first of all, the posts aren't in chronological order. literally what sense does that make? there is no way to even try and make it seem like it makes any sense. Then, whenever you are on the app after a long day of school or work and you get far down in your timeline and then exit the app to maybe do something important, when you come back, the feed is refreshed. that is just a terrible idea. it makes it so much harder to see the posts that you actually care about seeing. without going to someone's profile directly or turning on their notifications, you can not see most of your friends posts. which is the whole purpose of the app in the first place. Oh and lastly, the sponsored ads!!!! they are the epitome of annoying. Some of them are okay but it has gotten to where every other post i see is an ad. yet another way to prevent me from seeing posts i actually care about seeing. Not only that but, some of them show up so many times and it is things that i do not agree with or care about. they show up so much that it has gotten to the point where i have to block the people that are sponsored.
I'll admit, there are a few new things i like about instagram still. but i hate instagram live. i don't care nor need to see who is doing a live video and i don't need a push notification about it. edit my push notifications, you say? no problem. oh, but wait... I CANT! i have been trying to change my notification preferences for over a week and it always tells me it can't complete my request, try again in a moment. how long is a moment for you, instagram? please, let me know. also. why is it, if i go to answer a text message or answer a phone call, i lose my spot from where i scrolled to and my whole timeline refreshes from the beginning? is it not bad enough that you show me posts from 10hours ago on the top of my timeline, but now i have to scroll through it again just to see my friends' most recent posts? that is annoying, change the algorithm & back to showing the most recent first.
new update and i am STILL unable to change my push notification settings. please, fix this. i do not want to know every time someone goes "live" on instagram.
Would be nice if it worked...
The app won't even open for more than 2 seconds before crashing. Please fix this bug!
I love Instagram; it is my favorite app/social media site. However, I hate the fact that the news feed is not organized chronologically. It makes it SO easy to miss something. What's the point of using social media if you miss half of what's posted? Please consider bringing this feature back, or at least making it available as an option within the app. Also, please bring back the dark background when editing pictures to post. The white background is extremely distracting and bad for the eyes, especially when editing. Hope to see these changes soon, and thanks for considering.
Update: the latest update that changed the commenting format is very disappointing. What is going on with all of these nonsense chronological changes? Now I can't even see the most recent comments when I'm scrolling through my news feed. It just leaves it at one comment posted hours ago and doesn't show the newest comments. It seems like these new updates are just making the app less user friendly, and it's obvious that the developers are disregarding all of the user requests and complaints. Not a fan.
Update for the August 15th 2016 version: why does any picture seem more yellow/green between seeing it in your camera roll (through the app) and then selecting next? Seems like a glitch that really needs to be fixed because it's very annoying.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Jan 19, 2017
- Version: 10.4.1
- Size: 75.3 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Instagram, Inc.
- © 2015 Instagram, LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.